Author Topic: VEPR-12 AK-47 Shotgun  (Read 15652 times)

Offline Every Jew AK47

• Master JTFer
  • Am Kahane Chai!
    • Good Music!
VEPR-12 AK-47 Shotgun
« on: August 20, 2014, 05:48:02 AM »
I just got my new VEPR-12 shotgun today  :dance: :dance:.   This is one of the last you can buy after Obama Hussein signed his Executive Order banning any future imports of any of the rifles/shotguns that are part of the Kalashnikov Concern.   Anyhow, I am in love and very sad that these fine tactical magazine fed semi auto AK-47 shotguns will no longer be available to the public.

I want to put up some pics of her, but will probably just reserve that for my FB page..

Anyhow, this is a pic of the same exact shotgun I bought, except I have 12-round American made SureFire SGM mags in mine and my has been converted so that it is 922r compliant and has a functional folder stock, upgraded trigger group and American made flash hider installed.

Here is a picture of an upgraded VEPR-12 shotgun much like the one I have.. I am still going to have to shop for a decent reflex sight or red dot sight for the gun. 

Please keep the Kahanist movement strong and free of internal strife and drama.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: VEPR-12 AK-47 Shotgun
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 01:17:09 PM »
OMG EPIC. Can it run explosive or piercing shells? I saw that Russian youtube guy run them on an AA-12. Hows the recoil on it?
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline Every Jew AK47

• Master JTFer
  • Am Kahane Chai!
    • Good Music!
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2014, 10:58:52 PM »
OMG EPIC. Can it run explosive or piercing shells? I saw that Russian youtube guy run them on an AA-12. Hows the recoil on it?

I just got it and haven't taken it to the range.. I imagine the recoil would be not so bad with the muzzle break attached to it, although I may upgrade to a large muzzle break later. 

Yeah, I know about the AA-12 shotgun.  The VEPR-12 shotgun can cycle almost any type of 12ga ammo both 2 3/4 " and 3" length.  Those fancy explosive and armor piercing rounds you saw were made by a special company and I believe the 12ga HE rounds are the FRAG-12 12ga explosive rounds manufactured by a British company.  These rounds have been tested to effectively be fired out of the AA-12 shotgun.  Whether they would be stable and safe to shoot out of my VEPR12 is up in the air.  Even if they were, in order for me to buy the FRAG-12 rounds I would have to go through the same procedure as acquiring a 37mm and 40mm grenade round. I would have to apply for a federal tax stamp from the ATF and pay $200 federal tax stamp fee per grenade round in addition to the cost of the grenade rounds.    Also, the process takes up to an entire year to get the tax stamp.   In the state of Washington where I live, it is not legal to own explosive devices, which the FRAG-12 explosive round is labelled .   I can own grenade launchers, but not grenade rounds , themselves.   However, in neighboring Idaho and Oregon ED (explosive devices) are legal to own with proper federal licensing.

Anyhow, the VEPR-12 has a very high tolerance, much more than the Saiga-12 or many other tactical style shotguns.  It can cycle most 12ga ammos on the market I am told .  Obviously, I am going to have to field test my VEPR-12 to see which my particular gun can handle.  The gas port on the VEPR-12 has been constructed intelligently though so that it can cycle versatile amount of loads.  It only struggles on the lightest loads , just as with any other semi auto tactical shotgun, such as cheaper birdshot rounds, which I would never use in this shotgun anyway.

Anyhow, I am in love with my new AK shotgun and look forward to bringing it to the range.    It is really sad that these are now banned here in the USA and probably will be banned forever, until we get a President who lifts this draconian Executive Order.  Hopefully, the Russians will outsource the production of VEPRs to another company outside of Russia that can circumvent the restrictions so these guns can once again be sold within the USA.

There is also going to be 20rd drums coming available very soon for this gun which I will purchase.  The 20rd drums will make for a very fun range toy..  ;D

They will look similar to the Saiga 12 drums

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2014, 11:04:52 PM »
I'm looking for a chemical that will explode in blood like sodium does in water, because then all you need to do is put a bit in each shell, and you can shoot at a range and it won't seem explosive, but at people it will.

Offline Every Jew AK47

• Master JTFer
  • Am Kahane Chai!
    • Good Music!
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2014, 11:15:54 PM »
I'm looking for a chemical that will explode in blood like sodium does in water, because then all you need to do is put a bit in each shell, and you can shoot at a range and it won't seem explosive, but at people it will.

:o

Chemical laced 12ga ammo..  I dunnoo..  Well, if you manage to come up with something and it is legal to own, let me know.  I'm sure you will have a market for it.. 

However, if I unload 12 rounds of 00 Buckshot 12ga into a bad guy with this gun, his guts (and some body parts) will be scattered all over the place anyway.. 

This is probably , IMO, the most effective CQB type of weapon you can own, if over-penetration is not an issue.  Many SWAT teams in USA are using Saiga 12 and VEPR 12 shotguns in house raids, as it has proven to be superior to other tactical shotguns for this application.   Loaded up with 10-12 rounds of 00 or even #4 buckshot, you will have a hard time not taking down somebody within 25 yards, thats for sure.   

The AA-12 is not yet legal for the civilian market and I don't even think law enforcement has access to it as the cost is a little over the top.  AA-12 is mostly used by the military for now.   I'd love to own one of those one day.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2014, 12:57:44 AM »

:o

Chemical laced 12ga ammo..  I dunnoo..  Well, if you manage to come up with something and it is legal to own, let me know.  I'm sure you will have a market for it.. 

However, if I unload 12 rounds of 00 Buckshot 12ga into a bad guy with this gun, his guts (and some body parts) will be scattered all over the place anyway.. 

This is probably , IMO, the most effective CQB type of weapon you can own, if over-penetration is not an issue.  Many SWAT teams in USA are using Saiga 12 and VEPR 12 shotguns in house raids, as it has proven to be superior to other tactical shotguns for this application.   Loaded up with 10-12 rounds of 00 or even #4 buckshot, you will have a hard time not taking down somebody within 25 yards, thats for sure.   

The AA-12 is not yet legal for the civilian market and I don't even think law enforcement has access to it as the cost is a little over the top.  AA-12 is mostly used by the military for now.   I'd love to own one of those one day.

Really I want shotguns that fire shells with a delayed reaction laced with that chemical, so you can shoot long range as if you were close, and when you hit even a pellet, it blows off a limb. Then I have a car-boat-plane robot to stick it on.

Offline Every Jew AK47

• Master JTFer
  • Am Kahane Chai!
    • Good Music!
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2014, 01:05:39 AM »
Really I want shotguns that fire shells with a delayed reaction laced with that chemical, so you can shoot long range as if you were close, and when you hit even a pellet, it blows off a limb. Then I have a car-boat-plane robot to stick it on.

Ummm.. I think you lost me there LKZ about this type of special ammo you are interested in using..  I have seen quite a bit of shotgun ammo on the market, but haven't heard anyuthing about chemical laced ammo.

I would think the best option for what you would be describing would be some type of specialty shotgun ammo.. Perhaps, something like the "Detonator" round that is offered by this company American Specialty Ammo..    Basically, with a shotgun you have a lot of versatility with the type of rounds you can load.  The only limiting factor about VEPR-12 is it is magazine fed, but the VEPR-12 magazines can handle 3" magnum rounds, which means you have pretty much the full spectrum of  12ga loads you would have in any other shotgun.

Check out the Detanator round , perhaps you can create some type of slug that disperses a chemical vapor on impact.
http://www.americanspecialtyammo.com/12_Gauge.html

Detonator 3 rounds per pack 2 3/4"
A deep hollow slug for loading cumbustible materials. load your own formula or ours. The explosive tip DETONATES ON IMPACT
NOT AVAILABLE IN New York City; All of California; Cook County, IL; D.C.; MA; all of Alaska; all of Flordia and All of Hawaii
 Price: $14.99

Then again, I suppose if you wanted to load your own shotgun ammo , loading poison tip bird shot rounds would not be all that hard and would probably achieve what you are looking for.  Reloading shotgun ammo is not very hard at all..  Perhaps you should consider getting your own shotgun loading setup to implement what you are talking about.  Assuming it is legal! Notice, I haven't checked the laws of where you live or even know anything about poison laced ammo.

Constructing your own drone is also in theory illegal, although I would have to check more on that... Never really met many people who tried implementing such an invention.  Although, I have heard of people constructing them and installing 50 cal and other rifles onto them and automating the trigger pull remotely.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2014, 07:06:18 AM »
Ummm.. I think you lost me there LKZ about this type of special ammo you are interested in using..  I have seen quite a bit of shotgun ammo on the market, but haven't heard anyuthing about chemical laced ammo.

I would think the best option for what you would be describing would be some type of specialty shotgun ammo.. Perhaps, something like the "Detonator" round that is offered by this company American Specialty Ammo..    Basically, with a shotgun you have a lot of versatility with the type of rounds you can load.  The only limiting factor about VEPR-12 is it is magazine fed, but the VEPR-12 magazines can handle 3" magnum rounds, which means you have pretty much the full spectrum of  12ga loads you would have in any other shotgun.

Check out the Detanator round , perhaps you can create some type of slug that disperses a chemical vapor on impact.
http://www.americanspecialtyammo.com/12_Gauge.html

Then again, I suppose if you wanted to load your own shotgun ammo , loading poison tip bird shot rounds would not be all that hard and would probably achieve what you are looking for.  Reloading shotgun ammo is not very hard at all..  Perhaps you should consider getting your own shotgun loading setup to implement what you are talking about.  Assuming it is legal! Notice, I haven't checked the laws of where you live or even know anything about poison laced ammo.

Constructing your own drone is also in theory illegal, although I would have to check more on that... Never really met many people who tried implementing such an invention.  Although, I have heard of people constructing them and installing 50 cal and other rifles onto them and automating the trigger pull remotely.

Pfft drone. I'm not into toys. And the ammo doesn't exist. I said I want to make it. No point in making something you can buy. Also, poison is usually illegal, many of them loose potency in time, and it's probably going to have to be liquid, which might mess with the shells. I want to make something like sodium or other earth metals, this way it can be easily put in the shell, and react with blood to explode.

Offline Every Jew AK47

• Master JTFer
  • Am Kahane Chai!
    • Good Music!
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2014, 04:10:55 PM »
Pfft drone. I'm not into toys. And the ammo doesn't exist. I said I want to make it. No point in making something you can buy. Also, poison is usually illegal, many of them loose potency in time, and it's probably going to have to be liquid, which might mess with the shells. I want to make something like sodium or other earth metals, this way it can be easily put in the shell, and react with blood to explode.

Perhaps, you should just settle for stocking up on a good supply of 00 buckshot and slugs and call it a day..  The solders in Iraq and Afghanistan load their shotguns up with 00 Buckshot and door busting rounds and they have prove to work quite well on jihadists.     By the way, if you are striving for a stealthy combat style shotgun, considering buying an AK-type platform semi auto shotgun (while you can) like a Saiga 12 and installing a suppressor.

Because the VEPR-12 has a threaded barrel, as well as the Saiga 12 and even the Fury Tactical shotgun, it is very easy to interchange a Muzzle Break/Flash Hider with a Suppressor.

Here is the type of setup that I am talking about:

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2014, 10:30:09 PM »
Perhaps, you should just settle for stocking up on a good supply of 00 buckshot and slugs and call it a day..  The solders in Iraq and Afghanistan load their shotguns up with 00 Buckshot and door busting rounds and they have prove to work quite well on jihadists.     By the way, if you are striving for a stealthy combat style shotgun, considering buying an AK-type platform semi auto shotgun (while you can) like a Saiga 12 and installing a suppressor.

Because the VEPR-12 has a threaded barrel, as well as the Saiga 12 and even the Fury Tactical shotgun, it is very easy to interchange a Muzzle Break/Flash Hider with a Suppressor.

Here is the type of setup that I am talking about:

My idea is that the shells would release the pellets when at the appropriate distance, for many reasons, but you'd clean out a base if you drop a shotgun trooper out of a plane, and it just sprays a quarter tonne of armor piercing contact explosive rounds downwards. The shells would adjust to releasing earlier and earlier and it falls, and then circles.