Author Topic: What is your favorite style of music?  (Read 39155 times)

Offline Barach Velvel ben Lazer Eliazer

• Pro JTFer
Re: What is your favorite style of music?
« Reply #125 on: September 22, 2007, 11:29:04 PM »
I listen to great music only.
Classical music is one of the most underappreciated music genres in America, today. You cannot find music like that, today. It's pure beauty and elegance. It's sheer brilliance represented in the form of sound. Nobody in the world today has the capability to compose music like that. Do you think anybody in Germany would be able to write one of the greatest pieces in music history on their deathbed like Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart? I simply don't think so. It's a variety of brilliance that left this planet long ago.

That's why I listen to John Williams. It's the closest you can come to a classical composer of yesteryear.

Joe Schmo

« Reply #126 on: September 22, 2007, 11:31:41 PM »
I listen to great music only.
Classical music is one of the most underappreciated music genres in America, today. You cannot find music like that, today. It's pure beauty and elegance. It's sheer brilliance represented in the form of sound. Nobody in the world today has the capability to compose music like that.

Yes.  There is Pop music, there is Rock music,  there is Jazz music.

And then there is Great Music.

Erica

« Reply #127 on: September 23, 2007, 08:38:41 PM »
I forgot some bands...

Average White Band
The Gap Band
Wild Cherry
Queen

Soloists..
Bobby Caldwell
Stephanie Mills
Michael McDonald
Kenny Loggins
Christopher Cross ( I think I mentioned him earlier)
Anita Baker
Luther Vandross
Freddie Jackson
The Jacksons
Michael Jackson
Prince

Offline Shoshana

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #128 on: September 23, 2007, 08:48:06 PM »
I saw someone mention Elvis. I am in love with that man. Just in love... drool... and his music is wonderful too. ;)

Offline Shoshana

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #129 on: September 23, 2007, 09:05:19 PM »
I saw someone mention Elvis. I am in love with that man. Just in love... drool... and his music is wonderful too. ;)

And he was Jewish.

That's just icing on the cake! :)

raiseyourfist

« Reply #130 on: October 02, 2007, 12:46:55 PM »
if you want to hear an all round talented band ....

DRAGONFORCE ALL THE WAY

operation ground and pound.
fury of the storm.
revolution deathsquad
and starfire are all great songs

Offline Nic Brookes

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #131 on: October 02, 2007, 01:13:31 PM »
if you want to hear an all round talented band ....

DRAGONFORCE ALL THE WAY

operation ground and pound.
fury of the storm.
revolution deathsquad
and starfire are all great songs
I agree they are HUGELY talented, but I just don't like their music, for one reason or another.

Offline kahanewarrior

• New JTFer
« Reply #132 on: October 09, 2007, 10:25:34 AM »
i like all sorts of metal and and hard rock i realloy mean alllllll
but my fav band is NINE INCH NAILS !!!!!!!!!!!
Trent reznor rules !!!!!!

Offline nopeaceforland

• Master JTFer
« Reply #133 on: October 09, 2007, 03:55:24 PM »
'60s-'80's pop and classic rock

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #134 on: October 09, 2007, 05:05:59 PM »
I generally listen to ethnic folk music of different nations. Mostly MIDI files. Jewish music, Yiddish, Hebrew, but also, Armenian, Assyrian, Russian, German, Hawwaiian and so on.

Offline TorahZionist

• Pro JTFer

newman

« Reply #136 on: October 10, 2007, 11:14:26 AM »
Jimmy Buffet.

I'm a confirmed 'Parrot head'.  8)

Offline guyNbluejeans

• Full JTFer
« Reply #137 on: October 10, 2007, 12:36:48 PM »
I pretty much go for classic rock the most. But I also like some country, punk, heavy metal, classical, etc. No rap or hip hop for me.

As long as it sounds like it was created by someone with a brain and some talent (versus idiot nothings that have a publicity machine shoving it down people's throats), I'm there.

"Joanne" by Mike Nesmith ... "Big Bad John" by Jimmy Dean ... "Touch Me" by The Doors ... "Michelle" by the Beatles ... "She's a Rainbow" by the Rolling Stones ... "Suddenly" by the Motels ... "Journey to the Center of the Mind" by the Amboy Dukes ... "High Flying Bird" by Elton John ... "Early Morning Rain" by Gordon Lightfoot ... "Fade into You" by Mazzy Star ... "I'm Your Captain" by Grand Funk Railroad ... "Going to California" by Led Zepplin ... "A Hard Rains A-gonna Fall" by Bob Dylan ........ there must be a million more wonderful, cool, splendid, great songs out there, LOVE 'EM ALL!!!!! O0

ftf

« Reply #138 on: October 10, 2007, 12:53:57 PM »
My current favourite song is "Watch me Die" by Underoath, I don't know if I can really reccomend it here as it's lyrics can easily be taken as a preaching of the christian message, but then again, the majority here won't be able to get more than a quarter of the words... So yeah, listen to it if you want to: http://youtube.com/watch?v=BMVG3Rn7MlM

Offline Nic Brookes

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #139 on: October 10, 2007, 02:03:10 PM »
My current favourite song is "Watch me Die" by Underoath, I don't know if I can really reccomend it here as it's lyrics can easily be taken as a preaching of the christian message, but then again, the majority here won't be able to get more than a quarter of the words... So yeah, listen to it if you want to: http://youtube.com/watch?v=BMVG3Rn7MlM

Ah, the screamy stuff, what else in that genre are you into, I have many friends who like that kind of stuff (not that I do).

ftf

« Reply #140 on: October 10, 2007, 02:49:41 PM »

Ah, the screamy stuff, what else in that genre are you into, I have many friends who like that kind of stuff (not that I do).
That song isn't screamo, it's christian death metal.

The only band of that genre that I listen to regularly is Underoath, as they have lyrics that I like as well as music that I like, most bands that do the that type of music are violently anti-christian, while I can enjoy their music I have to block myself off from the lyrics, so yeah, I basically stick with underoath for that genre, I like some other bands in other genres though, such as FlyLeaf, Greenday and The Clash.

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #141 on: October 10, 2007, 03:56:53 PM »
Its a bit demeaning relating religious messages....with something called "death metal", well thats an opinion.

Offline Nic Brookes

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #142 on: October 10, 2007, 04:16:13 PM »

That song isn't screamo, it's christian death metal.

The only band of that genre that I listen to regularly is Underoath, as they have lyrics that I like as well as music that I like, most bands that do the that type of music are violently anti-christian, while I can enjoy their music I have to block myself off from the lyrics, so yeah, I basically stick with underoath for that genre, I like some other bands in other genres though, such as FlyLeaf, Greenday and The Clash.

I said screamy not screamo... big difference!

I am assuming FlyLeaf are a punk-pop band like Green Day and The Clash... am I right?

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #143 on: October 10, 2007, 05:45:34 PM »
Poor leaves.

Erica

« Reply #144 on: October 10, 2007, 05:50:25 PM »
Its a bit demeaning relating religious messages....with something called "death metal", well thats an opinion.
I was going to say the same thing. What ftf said is an oxymoron. Christian death metal? To me, death metal sounds like the musician is torturing someone...you can't even understand the words they're saying because of the gutteral screaming. Christian music shouldn't sound threatening.

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #145 on: October 10, 2007, 05:52:41 PM »
Ftf seems to find it more calming then looking at a picture i once posted of a beautiful sunset. So I guess that makes our views opinionated. ;D

Offline Jasmina

• Master JTFer
« Reply #146 on: October 10, 2007, 07:20:38 PM »
  I like serbian music a lot....
The whole system works because everyone is not mentally ill on the same day!!!!

Offline mosquewatch

• Master JTFer
    • MosqueWatch
« Reply #147 on: October 10, 2007, 07:58:08 PM »
Kathy Mattea "Where have you been ".
No peace, without FREEDOM.

Erica

« Reply #148 on: October 10, 2007, 09:04:35 PM »
Ftf seems to find it more calming then looking at a picture i once posted of a beautiful sunset. So I guess that makes our views opinionated. ;D
Most definately.

ftf

« Reply #149 on: October 13, 2007, 09:15:27 PM »
Some more good music:

"A love so pure" by Underoath, this song is strongly christian just like "Watch me die", so I guess I can only be reccomending it to the christian members of the forum...
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Herl6kyAC44 (This is a really old vid of underoath performing, they don't look like your avergae christians do they, note the black leather and the spikes...)

And now for a change, some flyleaf:
"Cassie" http://youtube.com/watch?v=GadafP9SInQ This song was made in memory of a girl called Cassie who was given the choice of saying she didn't believe in God or dying, she chose to die.