Author Topic: Dating an Assyrian girl  (Read 10260 times)

Offline Frank Cohen

• New JTFer
Dating an Assyrian girl
« on: August 16, 2007, 06:14:45 AM »
I just started dating an Assyrian girl and was wondering whats your views on them (Assyrians). I'll expand more on this subject after a few responses.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Re: Dating an Assyrian girl
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 07:09:53 AM »
Thats up to you
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline chakma613

• Full JTFer
  • "Lo ta'amod al dam re'echa"
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007, 07:18:07 AM »
I just started dating an Assyrian girl and was wondering whats your views on them (Assyrians). I'll expand more on this subject after a few responses.

if she's Jewish I see no problem.
"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? if I am for myself, then what am I? And if not now, when? - Hillel, Pirkei Avos

Offline SSN

• Junior JTFer
  • STRENGTH AND HONOR
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2007, 07:34:22 AM »

date whoever you want to, its your right to choose who is right for you and who isnt, jewish or not.

i myself find myself most comfortable around non religious women, it depends on who you are and what youre looking for, i cant say a thing with you only providing that sort of vague background.

Offline chakma613

• Full JTFer
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2007, 07:36:19 AM »

date whoever you want to, its your right to choose who is right for you and who isnt, jewish or not.

i myself find myself most comfortable around non religious women, it depends on who you are and what youre looking for, i cant say a thing with you only providing that sort of vague background.

Sure it's his right, but since when is doing what we feel like doing healthy? This is why we can't just do what we want..you atheist morons have a hard time understanding that, since according to you, human whim and preference dictate your very lives. Controlling one's self demands some intelligence, something any atheist is severely lacking.
"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? if I am for myself, then what am I? And if not now, when? - Hillel, Pirkei Avos

Offline Taren

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2007, 07:39:18 AM »

Sure it's his right, but since when is doing what we feel like doing healthy? This is why we can't just do what we want..you atheist morons have a hard time understanding that, since according to you, human whim and preference dictate your very lives. Controlling one's self demands some intelligence, something any atheist is severely lacking.

Again with the morons bashing, cant come with any thing more intelligent than insults? hardly surprising, and i am not really an atheist, i am more of an agnostic, about "healthy", are you suggesting dating none Jews is un-healthy, thats the same doctraine in Islam, wow you guys sure fit the profile.

Offline SSN

• Junior JTFer
  • STRENGTH AND HONOR
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2007, 07:40:45 AM »

OR:

we have so much more intelligence then you, that we know right from wrong and dont have to be told what to do like babies, we can judge for ourselves and live our lives as we see fit, this is FREEDOM, something every religious person is severely lacking.

note: i lowered myself to your generalizations, YOU set the bar for what the level of the conversation is going to be.

Offline chakma613

• Full JTFer
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2007, 07:44:11 AM »

Again with the morons bashing, cant come with any thing more intelligent than insults? hardly surprising, and i am not really an atheist, i am more of an agnostic, about "healthy", are you suggesting dating none Jews is un-healthy, thats the same doctraine in Islam, wow you guys sure fit the profile.

Muslims believe in G-d too, does that mean we shouldn't? Also, dating non-jews has terrible consequences. It leads to assimilation, having non-jewish kids, or kids who are confused(much like yourself for being an agnostic), it also makes the jewish person more inclined towards accepting other religions(shlomo hamalech is a prime example, though I doubt you've heard of him). If you want me to be serious in my tone, then don't spew garbage about being an agnostic, or feeling comfortable with other chilonim, maybe then I'll take you seriously, until then, you are smply a misguided arrogant jerk who came here to cause trouble.

Offline Taren

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2007, 07:51:30 AM »

Muslims believe in G-d too, does that mean we shouldn't? Also, dating non-jews has terrible consequences. It leads to assimilation, having non-jewish kids, or kids who are confused(much like yourself for being an agnostic), it also makes the jewish person more inclined towards accepting other religions(shlomo hamalech is a prime example, though I doubt you've heard of him). If you want me to be serious in my tone, then don't spew garbage about being an agnostic, or feeling comfortable with other chilonim, maybe then I'll take you seriously, until then, you are smply a misguided arrogant jerk who came here to cause trouble.

About me, both of my parents are jews, i am sorry to inform you but i have not been brain washed, not about religion nor politics, i was objective at first and let my opinion form on the base of the information i read or saw, whats next, are you going to claim i am an ashkenazy because the steriotype of the Israeli lefty is one?

"shlomo hamalech is a prime example, though I doubt you've heard of him).", and then you wonder why the seculars dont value you people aswell, Solomon the king is well aware, you see we actually had bible classes and i wasnt asleep during those times, oops?

"then don't spew garbage about being an agnostic", what "garbage"? you claim i am lieing about it? so what am i, a Muslim, a nazi and an antisemite? :laugh:

Offline chakma613

• Full JTFer
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2007, 07:54:58 AM »

About me, both of my parents are jews, i am sorry to inform you but i have not been brain washed, not about religion nor politics, i was objective at first and let my opinion form on the base of the information i read or saw, whats next, are you going to claim i am an ashkenazy because the steriotype of the Israeli lefty is one?

"shlomo hamalech is a prime example, though I doubt you've heard of him).", and then you wonder why the seculars dont value you people aswell, Solomon the king is well aware, you see we actually had bible classes and i wasnt asleep during those times, oops?

"then don't spew garbage about being an agnostic", what "garbage"? you claim i am lieing about it? so what am i, a Muslim, a nazi and an antisemite? :laugh:

By garbage, I was referring to your statement that you are indeed an agnostic, knowing well that it would only provoke anger in the people of this forum. I am quite surprised that you had bible commandments, tell me, did they begin verses  with " and g-d may have said to moses saying"? If you are an agnostic, you most certainly have been brainwashed, just not as much as an atheist.

Offline Taren

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2007, 07:59:42 AM »

By garbage, I was referring to your statement that you are indeed an agnostic, knowing well that it would only provoke anger in the people of this forum. I am quite surprised that you had bible commandments, tell me, did they begin verses  with " and g-d may have said to moses saying"? If you are an agnostic, you most certainly have been brainwashed, just not as much as an atheist.

So what am i suppose to do, lie and say i am religious? if i wanted to anger any body i would have said i am an atheist, agnostics actually believe there is something... atheists dont, and that makes the likes of you angry, Muslims dont like atheists aswell, how strange...

"and g-d may have said to moses saying"? since the Torah was written by every day people its safe to assume that even if there is some god, he didnt write it, there for its not 100% sure its his words, it was the religious fanatics such as yourself that led to the destruction of the second temple and the diaspora, but i guess it was worth it as long as some Romans paid.

Offline SSN

• Junior JTFer
  • STRENGTH AND HONOR
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2007, 08:01:13 AM »

So what am i suppose to do, lie and say i am religious? if i wanted to anger any body i would have said i am an atheist, agnostics actually believe there is something... atheists dont, and that makes the likes of you angry, Muslims dont like atheists aswell, how strange...

"and g-d may have said to moses saying"? since the Torah was written by every day people its safe to assume that even if there is some G-d, he didnt write it, there for its not 100% sure its his words, it was the religious fanatics such as yourself that led to the destruction of the second temple and the diaspora, but i guess it was worth it as long as some Romans paid.

Zing!!!

Offline chakma613

• Full JTFer
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2007, 08:08:32 AM »

"and g-d may have said to moses saying"? since the Torah was written by every day people its safe to assume that even if there is some G-d, he didnt write it, there for its not 100% sure its his words, it was the religious fanatics such as yourself that led to the destruction of the second temple and the diaspora, but i guess it was worth it as long as some Romans paid.

Your argument against the Torah makes no sense..enlighten yourself, check out my youtube series about it www.youtube.com/vulcanmat613 - a dose of truth would do you some good. You make a gross statement about the ideals of the Jewish people of the second temple era - there were no such thing as open kofrim then, unlike today. Since you obviously did not understand my joke, i'll explain. Many times torah verses start out "vayedaber hashem el moshe", I was saying that in whatever school you went to, they changed the wording to suit their philosophy. Why do you assume that if there is a G-d, he didn't write the torah? If humanity did not have a guideline, it would have successfully destroyed itself a long time ago.

Offline Taren

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2007, 08:31:30 AM »

Your argument against the Torah makes no sense..enlighten yourself, check out my youtube series about it www.youtube.com/vulcanmat613 - a dose of truth would do you some good. You make a gross statement about the ideals of the Jewish people of the second temple era - there were no such thing as open kofrim then, unlike today. Since you obviously did not understand my joke, i'll explain. Many times torah verses start out "vayedaber hashem el moshe", I was saying that in whatever school you went to, they changed the wording to suit their philosophy. Why do you assume that if there is a G-d, he didn't write the torah? If humanity did not have a guideline, it would have successfully destroyed itself a long time ago.

Thank you for falling for a little trap, you see i know every card Muslims and your like have, and let me enlighten you about a word you said.

"there were no such thing as open kofrim then"

In a loose translation from hebrew, it means "public infidels", the word kofrim in arabic is "Kuffar", thats a title Muslims give to none Muslims, in english its infidels.

I knew you are going to use it because i wanted to show you why you are so related to a Muslim when it comes to his religious belief, thats another one out of my list, you want more?

Gotcha...

Offline chakma613

• Full JTFer
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2007, 08:34:24 AM »

Thank you for falling for a little trap, you see i know every card Muslims and your like have, and let me enlighten you about a word you said.

"there were no such thing as open kofrim then"

In a loose translation from hebrew, it means "public infidels", the word kofrim in arabic is "Kuffar", thats a title Muslims give to none Muslims, in english its infidels.

I knew you are going to use it because i wanted to show you why you are so related to a Muslim when it comes to his religious belief, thats another one out of my list, you want more?

Gotcha...

Since when is kofer not a hebrew word? And hence, kofrim(the plural noun). Also, you seem to not even know hebrew, since Kofer has the root KFR, which translates as "denial" not a non-jew, as a muslim would say kafar to speak of a non-muslim.

Offline SSN

• Junior JTFer
  • STRENGTH AND HONOR
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2007, 08:37:00 AM »
this is getting sad...

Offline Taren

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2007, 08:38:05 AM »
Oh i nailed you so hard, kofer is an hebrew word, i just stated what it means in arabic, because it almost sounds the same, it means the same, i know hebrew better than you, thats for sure, modern day hebrew that is, so you called me an open infidel, and its not "kafar", ignorant one, its Kuffar, this is why a little knowledge about arabic is not so bad.

Offline chakma613

• Full JTFer
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2007, 08:40:35 AM »
Oh i nailed you so hard, kofer is an hebrew word, i just stated what it means in arabic, because it almost sounds the same, it means the same, i know hebrew better than you, thats for sure, modern day hebrew that is, so you called me an open infidel, and its not "kafar", ignorant one, its Kuffar, this is why a little knowledge about arabic is not so bad.

There are variant dictions - I've heard american muslims use it all the time. you know modern hebrew, which is so tainted that I'm not even going to talk about it. You said that kofer means an infidel - it does not mean that in hebrew, it measn a denier, one who is Jewish, but does not espouse jewish beliefs. In islam, a kuffar/kafar is a non-muslim. You seem to hav ea mental block about the nationality of judaism

Offline Taren

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2007, 08:47:28 AM »

There are variant dictions - I've heard american muslims use it all the time. you know modern hebrew, which is so tainted that I'm not even going to talk about it. You said that kofer means an infidel - it does not mean that in hebrew, it measn a denier, one who is Jewish, but does not espouse jewish beliefs. In islam, a kuffar/kafar is a non-muslim. You seem to hav ea mental block about the nationality of judaism

Excellent, now you will never become an Israeli with out a basic understanding of hebrew that is spoken here, good job and i support your boycot of modern day hebrew 100%.

"it measn a denier", Kuffar means the same, Koffer \ Kuffar, you are so gullible you cant see its practically the same like so many other words in hebrew and arabic, being semitic languages? in arabic kuffar also means a deniar... in god... you keep falling for it, and so easily.

Koffer might means some body who is Jewish in YOUR dictonary, but the general concept is not only for Jews, there for you are the one with the lack of basic understanding of hebrew, hebrew has changed from the times of the bible, even your buddies the Khanists in Israel speak the same hebrew, hypocrite to the core ah?

Offline chakma613

• Full JTFer
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2007, 08:52:50 AM »

Excellent, now you will never become an Israeli with out a basic understanding of hebrew that is spoken here, good job and i support your boycot of modern day hebrew 100%.

"it measn a denier", Kuffar means the same, Koffer \ Kuffar, you are so gullible you cant see its practically the same like so many other words in hebrew and arabic, being semitic languages? in arabic kuffar also means a deniar... in G-d... you keep falling for it, and so easily.

Koffer might means some body who is Jewish in YOUR dictonary, but the general concept is not only for Jews, there for you are the one with the lack of basic understanding of hebrew, hebrew has changed from the times of the bible, even your buddies the Khanists in Israel speak the same hebrew, hypocrite to the core ah?

I never said modern hebrew was wrong to speak, it's far better than christianized english, I'll grant it that much. Jewish in my dictionary, is jewsih by halacha, and if we went by any other definition, by today, everyone in the world would be jews, because of intermating. The word in question is the same linguistically, but NOT in terms of its legal application. you lack halachik knowlegde if you say otherwise.

I do not boycott modern hebrew, but I would definitely support a retunr to hebrew without so much arabic influence.

Offline Taren

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2007, 08:56:51 AM »

"it measn a denier", Kuffar means the same, Koffer \ Kuffar, you are so gullible you cant see its practically the same like so many other words in hebrew and arabic, being semitic languages? in arabic kuffar also means a deniar... in G-d... you keep falling for it, and so easily.

I never said modern hebrew was wrong to speak, it's far better than christianized english, I'll grant it that much. Jewish in my dictionary, is jewsih by halacha, and if we went by any other definition, by today, everyone in the world would be jews, because of intermating. The word in question is the same linguistically, but NOT in terms of its legal application. you lack halachik knowlegde if you say otherwise.

I do not boycott modern hebrew, but I would definitely support a retunr to hebrew without so much arabic influence.

"you lack halachik knowlegde", in other words you have no idea, got it.

" I would definitely support a retunr to hebrew without so much arabic influence.", you can support any thing you want, you dont even have an Israeli citizenship, returning to bibilical hebrew, dream on, its too late, and it sounds better.