Author Topic: Should the Altalena be raised? Jtfers please vote- I say no.  (Read 2331 times)

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Should the Altalena be raised? Jtfers please vote- I say no.
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 03:18:55 PM »
no.

Offline Yerusha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 05:10:07 PM »
Absolutely raise it.

But it will not happen this side of the Geulah: the Leftists and Pseudo-Rightists are again fully prepared to shoot to kill to prevent it being raised - an Altalena II!

There were enough soldiers, weapons and ammunition on the Altalena to have broken the siege of Jerusalem and prevented the Jordanians having control of the Old City for the next 19 years. But so great is the hatred of the Erev Rav for anything that even smacks of the ascent of True Rightism, that they were and still are prepared to kill.

"There will never be a war between Jewish brothers.......because they are not our brothers!" (R.Kahane 1981)

Offline shai77

• Full JTFer
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2014, 06:21:15 PM »
What? Raise the specter of Jew on Jew violence?

Jews killing Jews is at least half the story of Israelite history and was a part of the ancient kingdoms. If we are to read biblical accounts civil wars killed 100's of thousands...

If the arabs really wanted to destroy Israel it probably wouldn't be a bad strategy to pack up and leave for about a decade...watch as Jews fight it out for who gets to rule...or maybe we would find a way to have peace.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2014, 07:14:16 PM »
["There will never be a war between Jewish brothers.......because they are not our brothers!" (R.Kahane 1981)

Randomly has to get off a quick trolling. I have a feeling the ..... entails more than a dozen pages, and doubly so because he's implying that Rabbi Kahane was promoting a war between Jews, which he always spoke against.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2014, 10:05:05 PM »
Yes.  Raise it because too many Israelis still don't know the truth about what happened or what it meant.  And raising it can contribute to combating the ignorance.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2014, 10:08:02 PM »
Randomly has to get off a quick trolling. I have a feeling the ..... entails more than a dozen pages, and doubly so because he's implying that Rabbi Kahane was promoting a war between Jews, which he always spoke against.

I vaguely remember but read "Israel: Revolution or Referendum"

I read it a while ago (borrowed) but I recently purchased the book as well. I think that it might be suggested in the book, although I think the conclusion was to have a referendum in order to avoid a civil war.
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2014, 10:09:47 PM »
Absolutely RAISE IT, and more importantly raise the consciousness and let everyone know what was done by the extreme leftists, the "peacenicks" and what they stood and stand for.
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2014, 07:57:49 PM »
Raise it for long enough to fill it with those who carry on in the tradition of those who murdered the Jews on it.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2014, 05:37:17 AM »
I think the original watery grave is the best place for a sunken ship.

Online ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2014, 07:15:32 AM »
Yes raise it if only to educate today's youth & expose,embarrass & discredit the leftist traitors who perpetrated this horrible crime.

Offline Aluf Abir

• Full JTFer
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2014, 11:56:56 AM »
Yes raise it if only to educate today's youth & expose,embarrass & discredit the leftist traitors who perpetrated this horrible crime.
It will not accomplish that.  The leftists will use it for their own propaganda purposes.  It will become a tourist destination on the beach and excuse to sell souvenirs and cotton candy.  It will be trivialized.  Those who want to visit it, put on your scuba tanks.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 04:27:04 PM by Aluf Abir »

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2014, 12:26:57 PM »
As much as I dislike Wonga/Nonny/Mifletzet/Yerusha, he is not mistaken here. Nobody in Israel (left, right or center) would allow it--including the so-called Kahanists like MBA, Guzofsky, Axelrod, etc.

Online ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2014, 10:46:39 AM »
It will not accomplish that.  The leftists will use it for their own propaganda purposes.  It will become a tourist destination on the beach and excuse to sell souvenirs and cotton candy.  It will be trivialized.  Those who want to visit it, put on your scuba tanks.
You may be right & I wouldn't put this past them.

Offline Yehudayaakov

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2014, 11:44:35 AM »
It must be raised to show evil leftist that killed Jews for being religious zionist who love Israel.

Offline Yerusha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2014, 01:25:23 PM »
The Altalena was an ex USN LST tank landing ship, 100m long, 2000 tons weight

At the time it was carrying 900 Irgun fighters, 5,000 rifles, 250 Bren guns, 5 million bullets, 50 bazookas and 10 Bren gun carriers.

The left wing Israeli PM Ben Gurion ordered the then Lt Yitzhak Rabin to open fire on the right wing Jews on board, who enthusiastically obeyed, killing 16 (almost including future PM Menachem Begin).

With that kind of force, the siege of the Jewish Quarter in Jerusalem could have been lifted, maybe even all of Jerusalem, plus a chunk of the West Bank.

With Jerusalem, the Temple Mount and the Western Wall under full Jewish control already in 1948, Stalin would have offered full support to Israel, vs an angry Vatican and USA, and an enraged Arab world would have attempted to invade in 1957 instead of 1967. 
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 03:36:36 PM by Yerusha »

Offline Aluf Abir

• Full JTFer
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2014, 02:46:40 PM »
Everyone forgets that Moshe Dayan had a nefarious part in this too.   In June, 1948, Dayan became the first commander of the 89th Battalion. On 20 June 1948, two men from one of his companies were killed in a confrontation with Irgun members trying to bring weapons ashore from the Altalena at Kfar Vitkin.

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2014, 09:15:32 PM »
Everyone forgets that Moshe Dayan had a nefarious part in this too.   In June, 1948, Dayan became the first commander of the 89th Battalion. On 20 June 1948, two men from one of his companies were killed in a confrontation with Irgun members trying to bring weapons ashore from the Altalena at Kfar Vitkin.

Dayan is the most evil politician in Israeli History. He is responsible for the murder of Jews in Judea, Samaria, and Jerusalem for inviting the Arabs to come back after they left on their own in 1967.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2015, 07:50:55 AM »
I've been thinking about it, and it would make a good museum. "This is where the leftists killed grandpa, son".

With all their horrible monuments and statues, a real piece of history would be nice. "Look at this boat, and remember what our leaders are expected to live up to, son".

Raising it is not so important. Demanding that it be lifted, because they won't. "They put murders done by right wing Jews, whether actually done by Arabs or done under entrapment on every news page, and hide their murders at the bottom of the sea".

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2015, 11:55:52 AM »
Yes.. because truth is truth and if we keep lying to ourselves everyday all the time, more lies will be fed to us and it will still be a downhill

Gd never lied about our great Prophets in the Torah..He gave the good with the bad.  Jews are a people of truth.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline shai77

• Full JTFer
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2015, 12:16:17 PM »
yes, let's raise it today.

It's time for sectarian violence.

I have my business plan and a hitlist.

And there are politicians, lame-ass gay rights media personalities, and other assorted 'Jewish' scumbags and non-hebrews on it.

For pulling a trigger for Brainstorm Pro you could be part owner in a 8,000 Billion dollar tourism, energy and real estate enterprise.

This is a real deal.
http://www.brainstormpro.com

Tell the Hebrew forum.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2015, 08:53:29 PM »
yes, let's raise it today.

It's time for sectarian violence.

I have my business plan and a hitlist.

And there are politicians, lame-ass gay rights media personalities, and other assorted 'Jewish' scumbags and non-hebrews on it.

For pulling a trigger for Brainstorm Pro you could be part owner in a 8,000 Billion dollar tourism, energy and real estate enterprise.

This is a real deal.
http://www.brainstormpro.com

Tell the Hebrew forum.

Ok, went to the site, didn't see where it talks about Sinai. Stop spamming. Can you please publish your hitlist? Also, the boat won't make violence.