Author Topic: Shalom  (Read 3423 times)

Offline Dan Ben Noah

• Full JTFer
Shalom
« on: July 25, 2013, 05:14:13 PM »
Shalom
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 07:39:39 PM by Dan Ben Noah »
Jeremiah 16:19 O Lord, Who are my power and my strength and my refuge in the day of trouble, to You nations will come from the ends of the earth and say, "Only lies have our fathers handed down to us, emptiness in which there is nothing of any avail!

Zechariah 8:23 So said the Lord of Hosts: In those days, when ten men of all the languages of the nations shall take hold of the skirt of a Jewish man, saying, "Let us go with you, for we have heard that God is with you."

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Judaism reading list
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2013, 06:55:07 PM »

Since I have been posting a lot on the topic of Jewish prayer (Tefillah) here are a couple of great books I have run accross regarding this topic:

http://www.artscroll.com/Books/pwfh.html

Praying With Fire

Description:

Ignite the Power of Your Tefillah — In Just 5 Minutes A Day!

Tefillah (prayer) is a miraculous power each of us has, yet most of us use only a fraction of its potential. Through the gift of tefillah , Hashem places in our hands the key to the Heavenly storehouse of blessing, and gives us the precise words that can release these treasures into our lives. And what treasures they are… . our health, our ability to find a spouse and build a Jewish home, our success in raising our children, our safety, security, livelihood. Everything.

Praying With Fire is a 5- minute- a day program developed by Rabbi Heshy Kleinman, who has researched, taught and spoken on the topic of tefillah for many years. Now he brings his passion and knowledge to the printed page.

This work is a brilliant combination of in- depth scholarship and pure inspiration, all in an easy- to- use daily learning format. Day by day, step by step, you will find your tefillah becoming stronger, more meaningful and more effective. With soul- stirring introductions by HaRav Mattisyahu Salomon and Rabbi Yisroel Reisman, Praying With Fire is the ultimate guidebook to fine tune attitudes and approaches to daily communicating with Hashem. The book examines several key components of meaningful tefillah, such as:

* Igniting the Power of Prayer
* Achieving Personal Growth through Tefillah
* Gaining a Proper Under standing of Kavanah (focused intention)
* Tapping the Shechinah's Presence
* Thirteen Practical Strategies to Achieve True Kavanah
* Why No Prayer Goes Unanswered
* The Spoken Word: Our Downfall, Our Salvation

Give your prayer experience a vital boost this year with Praying With Fire — in just five minutes a day!

Praying with Fire - Vol II
http://www.artscroll.com/Books/pwf2p.html

Description:

The first volume of Praying with Fire was that rare book that captured people's hearts and minds, that ignited their imaginations and inspired their souls. With its breathtaking combination of spirituality and scholarship, and its practical five-minutes-a-day approach to understanding and improving our prayers, it created a quiet revolution in the prayers of the tens of thousands of readers who made it a not-to-be-missed part of their daily routine. Praying with Fire 2 takes that revolution to an even higher level.

In Praying with Fire 2 we continue our daily five-minute investment , as we learn how to deepen our connection to Hashem, how to use our prayers to strengthen our faith and use our faith to strengthen our prayers. Tefillah becomes a vehicle that helps us understand ourselves and the times we live in, as we come to understand how prayer fits into our own lives as well as Hashem's eternal plan. And of course, with its emphasis on the practical elements of praying with kavannah, with focus, fervor and intent, we are given the strategies we need to pray better - and to have our prayers accepted in heaven.

Praying with Fire 2 broadens the important lessons that began with the bestselling Praying with Fire. These are lessons that will show us how to take the words of prayer that we said by rote and ignite them, lessons that show us how to change the mumbled words of habitual tefillos and turn them into a true conversation with the Divine. And all in five minutes a day.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2014, 09:39:47 PM »
Thankyou for posting this for us here, I am learning all that I can now......so much to learn, but I love it!!!!! My heart and my eyes have been opened....... my journey is just beginning..........  :) I still have a lot to learn and to do, yet......but this journey is very exciting.......!!!! :dance:
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2015, 01:07:32 AM »
I am learning alot.............. I have a Rabbi, from Israel. I have been learning about the Sages, all so very interesting.   this is better than I could have ever imagined.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל