Poll

How much alcohol do you drink?

one or more a day
a couple a week
occasionally
rarely or never

Author Topic: How much do you drink?  (Read 6339 times)

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
Re: How much do you drink?
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2007, 08:48:31 PM »

It's mandatory for an observant Jew. On Purim they MUST get drunk!

You've got that right. When I celebrated Passover with my Israeli friend's family.. they said I have to drink four glasses of wine.

"Vido, ze mitzvah! You mast to drink! Yalla!"

Offline Dominater96

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2007, 02:42:00 AM »
I only drink wine for Shabbat and Jewish holidays.

As a form of celebration or its advisory to do so?

It's mandatory for an observant Jew. On Purim they MUST get drunk!
That isnt true.

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
  • United We Stand, Dived We'll Fall.
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2007, 02:54:26 AM »
A glass of red dry wine after dinner; and a few liters of beer with friends on friday night, or saturday night; Never befriend the abstinent; he can be secret police informer or muslim.;) 
Jeremiah 8:11-17

11 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. Peace, peace, they say, when there is no peace.

12 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when they are punished, says the LORD.

13 'I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them.'

14 Why are we sitting here? Gather together! Let us flee to the fortified cities and perish there! For the LORD our God has doomed us to perish and given us poisoned water to drink, because we have sinned against him.

15 We hoped for peace but no good has come, for a time of healing but there was only terror.

16 The snorting of the enemy's horses is heard from Dan; at the neighing of their stallions the whole land trembles. They have come to devour the land and everything in it, the city and all who live there.

17 See, I will send venomous snakes among you, vipers that cannot be charmed, and they will bite you, declares the LORD.

Love your Enemy
And Heap Burning Coals on his Head!!!
http://net-burst.net/revenge/love_and_wrath_of_God.htm

Offline Shoshana

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2007, 06:31:07 PM »
I drink wine with dinner.
A beer every now and then.
I don't get drunk often.

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2007, 07:23:16 PM »
The biggest problem the cops have on Purim is from the really straight-laced religious Jews 'coz they're not used to booze and they get hammered and go wild. :laugh:

Forgive my ignorance, but when is Purim?

a month before Passover. on the 14th day of the month of Adar. (sometimes their is 2 months of Adar in the Jewish calender- fduring a leap year.)
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2007, 03:51:17 PM »
A glass of red dry wine after dinner; and a few liters of beer with friends on friday night, or saturday night; Never befriend the abstinent; he can be secret police informer or muslim.;) 

A few litres, whoa :o.

Offline serbian army

• Master JTFer
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2007, 05:01:52 PM »
I drink sometimes. My stomach can not take more than 3 beers and I am on creatine for long time. When you take that alcohol is not the best thing to do ::)
Serbia will never surrender Kosovo to the breakaway province's ethnic Albanian majority or trade its territory for European Union or NATO membership,

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2007, 01:41:46 PM »

A few litres, whoa :o.

That's only six bears. ;)

11 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. Peace, peace, they say, when there is no peace.

12 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when they are punished, says the LORD.

13 'I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them.'

14 Why are we sitting here? Gather together! Let us flee to the fortified cities and perish there! For the LORD our God has doomed us to perish and given us poisoned water to drink, because we have sinned against him.

15 We hoped for peace but no good has come, for a time of healing but there was only terror.

16 The snorting of the enemy's horses is heard from Dan; at the neighing of their stallions the whole land trembles. They have come to devour the land and everything in it, the city and all who live there.

17 See, I will send venomous snakes among you, vipers that cannot be charmed, and they will bite you, declares the LORD.

Love your Enemy

Offline LHZ

• New JTFer
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2007, 12:50:20 PM »
Wines are good for health, they're good for your heart and they've got some rare antioxidants and the wine helps to resist bad cholesterol and increase the good one :) I buy one bottle of wine a month and drink one glass a day.

I recommend the quality wines of Yarden and Gamla.

ftf

« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2007, 03:51:14 PM »
Wines are good for health, they're good for your heart and they've got some rare antioxidants and the wine helps to resist bad cholesterol and increase the good one :) I buy one bottle of wine a month and drink one glass a day.

Grape juice actually has most of the possitive effects of wine without the alcohol.

Offline Merkava

• Master JTFer
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2007, 04:15:54 PM »
I go to AA meetings on a weekly basis
"We are in 1938, and Iran is Germany"

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2007, 04:19:24 PM »

Grape juice actually has most of the possitive effects of wine without the alcohol.

Welch's Grape Juice. I like to pretend the purple juice is wine and sip it. :D

Offline Wayne Jude

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2007, 04:20:45 PM »
I don't trust non drinkers.They are hiding something. ;D

Kiwi

« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2007, 07:01:30 AM »

Yes i know what you mean.  ;D

Offline Wayne Jude

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2007, 07:04:38 AM »
They are hiding something about their personality. ;)

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2007, 04:56:59 AM »

Yes they're hiding their badges and micros everybody here knew that they're secret police informers; that's why every politicall debate in Estern Europe must be acompanied by C2H5OH in large quantity. :::D

Love your Enemy

Offline Wayne Jude

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2007, 01:40:46 PM »
 :::D :::D :::D :::D :::D :::D O0

ftf

« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2007, 07:55:43 PM »
All this discussion about non-drinkers... I don't drink.

Offline Wayne Jude

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2007, 08:02:59 PM »
I just drink now and then. :)

Offline Cyberella

• Master JTFer
« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2007, 09:02:39 PM »
I don't drink at all. I have tried it, but it made me dizzy so I didn't try it again.

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #45 on: November 15, 2007, 07:10:54 AM »
Lately, I've been drinking occasionally, usually Beer or Wine.

Offline Wayne Jude

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #46 on: December 16, 2007, 08:55:54 PM »
And here and there!LOL ;)