Author Topic: Blood Moon.  (Read 4361 times)

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
Blood Moon.
« on: April 05, 2015, 09:00:04 PM »
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline Mein Koran

• Senior JTFer
Re: Blood Moon.
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2015, 10:38:25 PM »
Don't fall for it. Its just a guy trying to sell a book, I believe it was co-written with Pastor John Hagee. These two guys have predicted the end of world a million times. The passages they interpret about blood moons, when read in contact, obviously have nothing to do with the phonemena we know as "blood moons" or are any part of a specific prophecy. Furthermore contrary to what the book says, we actually have blood moons every year.
Islam is retarded - Geert Wilders, peace be upon him

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2015, 04:25:55 PM »
It’s interesting that in Hebrew the word for Damascus is 444, Biltz said.

“And in Isaiah there is a prophecy that Damascus will cease from being a city which has never happened before in history.”

BTW this has already started happening.

There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2015, 05:05:47 PM »
A bunch of meshugah!

Not much to see there... Most comments on that page are pure Christian meshigas.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2015, 08:15:23 PM »
A bunch of meshugah!

Not much to see there... Most comments on that page are pure Christian meshigas.
You're meshugah!  ;D Look at this place...you don't think we are getting close to the redemption? Did you read it? Who cares what the Christians commented. What about the Rebbe?
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2015, 09:40:26 PM »
Ephraim,

We don't need 'blood moons' to tell we are close to the redemption. That is another whole discussion. The problem with 'Blood Moons' is that we know when they are coming, they happen at predictable times and they happen regularly. To try to suggest that a blood moon means this or that is not fruitful.

Read the Talmud for a full explanation of the happenings prior to the messianic age. I have posted these prophecies before and place little trust in the Christians crying 'blood moon' every year.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2015, 09:54:55 PM »
Last night I got into a blow out with leftists over Israel and the Iran deal... The Christians came out in full force for the Jews! You know what the left's best weapon was? It was small groups of Jews that hate Christians. I'm not saying anything, I'm just saying we should think about that. Christians and Jews need each other right now! Put theological differences aside, and remember it wasn't Christians, it was government! Christians couldn't even read the Bible , they were told what it said. Christians are being slaughtered! Along with other innocent non muzzeys, we all should be pissed about this injustice!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 01:12:12 PM by Ephraim Ben Noach »

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2015, 09:58:05 PM »
Ephraim,

We don't need 'blood moons' to tell we are close to the redemption. That is another whole discussion. The problem with 'Blood Moons' is that we know when they are coming, they happen at predictable times and they happen regularly. To try to suggest that a blood moon means this or that is not fruitful.

Read the Talmud for a full explanation of the happenings prior to the messianic age. I have posted these prophecies before and place little trust in the Christians crying 'blood moon' every year.
I thought that originally, but the Rebbe is a Jew....

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2015, 10:36:41 PM »
I thought that originally, but the Rebbe is a Jew....

yes, and what are you suggesting that the Rebbe said concerning blood moons? I cannot find any mention of such a statement.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2015, 10:40:09 PM »
See this @ http://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/112226/jewish/Issues-in-Torah-and-Science.htm

Eclipses: Fate and Freedom

On the Verse, “Let there be luminaries… and they shall serve as signs…”31 Rashi quotes the statement of our Sages:32 “When the luminaries are stricken it is an ill omen for the world, as in the verse33 ‘Be not dismayed at the signs of heaven, etc.’ But when you comply with the will of G-d, you need not worry about punishment.”

Regarding the cause of eclipses the Talmud says,34 “On account of four things the sun is stricken: if the head of the rabbinical court dies and is not properly eulogized, etc. On account of four things the luminaries are smitten: on account of writers of forged documents, etc.” In other words, eclipses are related to people’s actions.

There is a famous question: The fact that the ‘luminaries are stricken’, i.e., that the sun and the moon become eclipsed, is a matter fixed in the nature of the cosmos, occurring at set intervals. In fact, one can even calculate in advance when it will occur. So how can we say that it happens as a result of human failings when it is really an unavoidable fact of nature?35

Over the course of time, certain people have used this “question” as “proof” that not everything the Sages said is correct.36 Thus, they excused and justified their own behavior, i.e., their decision not to fulfill Torah and Mitzvot.

The truth is, however, that one’s lack of Torah observance is not really because of his “intellectual questions”; it is rather because of the “appetite” of his emotions. The questions are no more than excuses to justify his improper behavior. That is why he can be comforted even with such a “question” that can be completely dispelled with even a little thought.

To preface:

It is well known that in Mishnaic and Talmudic times, the non-Jewish sages already knew the calculations to predict solar and lunar eclipses. Anyone who knows Jewish history (from the narratives in the teachings of our Sages, and — in greater detail — from the history texts of that era) knows that the non-Jewish scholars were in close contact with the Jewish Sages about matters of philosophy and science. They even traveled to meet each other and debate about various areas of knowledge,37 including astronomy.38

And even for those who are obstinate and unwilling to admit that the Jewish sages had a comprehensive knowledge of science39 and astronomy40 and that it was through them that this knowledge came to the non-Jews,41 it is nevertheless certain — completely beyond contention — that at the time when non-Jewish scholars knew about solar and lunar eclipses, our Sages knew as well,42 through the above-mentioned contact. This is especially true regarding astronomy, as the Sages had a particular interest in knowledge that impacts upon the Mitzvah of setting the Jewish calendar.43

It is therefore apparent that our Sages’ statement — that eclipses are an ill omen, and that they come because of specific misdeeds, etc. — cannot be contradictory to the necessity of eclipses according to the laws of nature.

Theoretically, one could explain44 that the statement that “eclipses are an ill omen, etc.” does not refer to the occurrence of the eclipses themselves, but rather to the fact that the person has seen one. Since the point of G-d exhibiting an “ill omen” would be so that the people should return to Him,45 they must obviously be able to see the sign.

Accepting this premise would answer our original question: All that is required by the laws of nature is the eclipse itself. Nature does not require that we be able to see the eclipse, since there could be clouds, etc., which conceal the eclipse.

This detail is dependent on human behavior: When people commit those “four misdeeds,” they are shown an ill omen by being able to see the eclipse, while if they are behaving properly there are clouds to conceal the eclipse, so that there is no “ill omen.”

However, this explanation is not satisfactory.

(First of all, there are some locations where there are almost never clouds, such as in Egypt.46 But in addition to that…)

From the wording of our Sages, “when the luminaries are eclipsed,” the implication is that the ill omen is the eclipse itself, and not the sighting of it.

This is why the Talmud47 differentiates there between Jews and heathens: “When the sun is stricken, it is an ill omen for heathens. When the moon is stricken, it is an ill omen for the ‘enemies of48 the Jews’; for Jews count by the moon and heathens by the sun.” The eclipse in their behavior causes the eclipse of the sun and moon. Solar and lunar eclipses (and failings) come as a result of the eclipses (and failings) in the behavior of heathens and Jews, respectively.

Thus, it is obvious that when Jews are behaving properly, there should not be any lunar eclipse at all (and not just that if there is one it would not be seen).

There is a simple explanation:49

The idea that “when the luminaries are stricken it is an ill omen” (and that this happens “on account of four things…”) is: When an eclipse occurs it is a sign that this time is dominated by a “mazal ra” — bad luck, or literally, an evil constellation.50 It is a time that has a predilection for tragedy. That, in turn, causes it to be a time more prone to being punished for the “four things.”

This is why “when you comply with the will of G-d, you need not worry about punishment.”51 If people are behaving as they should, there is nothing for which to be punished — even if it is a stricter time.

According to this interpretation, there is no longer any problem arising from the fact that eclipses must occur at predetermined times, in accordance with the laws of nature. Obviously the eclipse itself is not a consequence of human behavior. It is merely a sign of a period of tragedy, a time especially predisposed to punishment for the four things. These times (of bad luck etc.) with their omens are indeed predetermined within the nature of G-d’s creation [just like the times enumerated in tractate Shabbat:52 “One who is born on Sunday… will be a… etc.].

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2015, 02:14:44 AM »
Yawn.

Muman, you can deny it all you want, because I'm sure it is a great embarrassment to you (it would be to me too), but those so-called "Christian meshugenehs" that we seem to love to hate are more pro-Israel/pro-Jew/pro-Zionism than the vast majority of world Jewry, including a lot of professing Orthodox.

Chaim would be the first to admit this, and admit that this gives him great shame. Why can't you?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2015, 03:07:18 AM »
Yawn.

Muman, you can deny it all you want, because I'm sure it is a great embarrassment to you (it would be to me too), but those so-called "Christian meshugenehs" that we seem to love to hate are more pro-Israel/pro-Jew/pro-Zionism than the vast majority of world Jewry, including a lot of professing Orthodox.

Chaim would be the first to admit this, and admit that this gives him great shame. Why can't you?

Woah, what are you on? Just because they support Israel doesn't mean their understanding of our Torah is better than that of the Jewish sages. The misinterpretations of Christianity is the issue here. This is why every other year some preacher somewhere declares that the next blood moon is the second coming. Judaism ascribes certain meaning and Christianity distorts what our scriptures say.

Regardless of the Christians who support Israel, which of course I hope is sincere and not without some perverted alternate purpose, the issue which I was debating here was a matter of interpretation of the blood moon. Your input here seems to simply be a challenge to Jewish beliefs concerning this phenomenon. If this is all you want to do, try to attack me for my beliefs, then this is your problem.

And LSDBR, your slimy attempt at shaming me was a FAILURE. I do not believe Jews need any Christians to support them. But your attempt was noble, and I'm sure you felt big as you tried. But you failed, sorry chump.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2015, 03:17:48 AM »
And while we're at it lets get some things out in the open here LSDBR...

If you have such contempt and hatred for the Jewish people then what are you doing in a forum called Jewish Task Force? You love Israel more than the Jews, eh? You make my stomach hurt from laughing chump. You know nothing about Jews and what they really think. You just parrot what you hear, and you are really looking to see the Jewish people fail so that your book will be justified in it's replacement theology. Yeah, we are the 'wandering Jews' who have rejected your messiah, aren't we?

Sometimes I think those vile remarks I see on talk-backs are really written by LSDBR because they share his sarcastic voice used in addressing Jews and Jewish issues. Have you ever written a good word about a Jew? Or are we all scandalous (of course you wouldn't say that about Chaim, at least not openly), are we all corrupt and money grubbers? Find me a thread you have written where you praise Jews and Judaism? None exist.

You have no right to suggest that I hate ANYONE, do you hear me dummy? How dare you suggest who I hate and who I don't. I will let you know if I hate someone or something. But I don't hate Christians and I deal with them happily and neighborly every day. I suspect you don't really have any Jewish friends though, because if you did you would act a lot wiser.

LSDBR, you and I are not getting along.

I really tried to like you... But you persist in your antagonism. I suppose we should avoid commenting to each other unless you want to continue this (which I would rather not).

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2015, 03:24:26 AM »
Back to the topic.... The 'Blood Moon Prophecy' is a theory developed by John Hagee based on the New Testament...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_Moon_Prophecy

The Blood Moon Prophecy is a theory studied and taught by some Christian ministers, such as John Hagee and Mark Biltz, which states that an ongoing tetrad (a series of four consecutive lunar eclipses—coinciding on Jewish Holidays—with six full moons in between, and no intervening partial lunar eclipses) which began with the April 2014 lunar eclipse is a sign of the end times as described in the Bible in Acts 2:20 and Revelation 6:12.

The idea of a "blood moon" serving as an omen of the coming of the end times comes from the Book of Joel, where it is written "the sun will turn into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and terrible day of the Lord comes."[4] This phrase is again mentioned by Saint Peter during Pentecost, as recorded in Acts,[5] although Peter says that date, not some future date, was the fulfillment of Joel's prophecy. The blood moon also appears in the book of Revelation chapter 6 verses 11 - 13, [6] where verse 12 says " And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood"

Around 2008, Biltz began predicting that the Second Coming of Jesus would occur in the fall of 2015 with the seven years of the great tribulation beginning in the fall of 2008. He said he had "discovered" an astronomical pattern that predicted the next tetrad would coincide with the end times. When the prediction failed, he pulled the article from his website, but continued to teach on the "significance" of the tetrad.

Offline Mein Koran

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2015, 01:20:56 PM »
"Blood Moons" are an invented theory, they have no place in Christian tradition and are not found in 2000 years of Christian prophetic and biblical commentaries. End of.
Islam is retarded - Geert Wilders, peace be upon him

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2015, 02:51:37 AM »
Muman, for the record, I don't even know what a "talkback" is.  :P :::D

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2015, 02:53:02 AM »
"Blood Moons" are an invented theory, they have no place in Christian tradition and are not found in 2000 years of Christian prophetic and biblical commentaries. End of.
I'll be perfectly honest, I don't know enough about "blood moons" and eschatology in general to have a coherent opinion about them. I think this is an area where we can be free to form our own opinions as long as we don't force them down other peoples' throats, no?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2015, 03:36:54 PM »
Muman, for the record, I don't even know what a "talkback" is.  :P :::D

Basically any system which allows users to comment on a news site...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2015, 04:02:40 PM »
I dare any Jew to read the comments on the original WND article and tell me it is not CHOCK FULL of antisemitic comments. These kinds of 'prophecies' bring out the Jew haters in droves.

I note the following 'types' of Jew hatred there:

1) Traditional Christian Jew hatred of the type 'Jews are the spawn of satan'.
2) Denying that the Jewish people are the descendents of Abraham, rather the blacks, latinos, others are the 'real' Jews.
3) Jews should be exterminated because we believe we are the 'chosen' race.

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2015, 04:07:40 PM »
I dare any Jew to read the comments on the original WND article and tell me it is not CHOCK FULL of antisemitic comments. These kinds of 'prophecies' bring out the Jew haters in droves.

I note the following 'types' of Jew hatred there:

1) Traditional Christian Jew hatred of the type 'Jews are the spawn of satan'.
2) Denying that the Jewish people are the descendents of Abraham, rather the blacks, latinos, others are the 'real' Jews.
3) Jews should be exterminated because we believe we are the 'chosen' race.
I saw some of them! I tried to respond, but I'm not a member.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2015, 04:08:23 PM »
While Pastor Hagees support of Israel is commendable, and it seems from my google search there are many churches which are trying to defame him, I hope he will stop with the false prophecies.

Our Torah clearly tells us how to deal with a false prophet. False prophets do nothing but desecrate Hashems good name, and cause good people to lose faith. It would be best for Hagee to cease and desist.

https://www.breitbartunmasked.com/2014/04/14/pastor-john-hagee-predicts-blood-moon-eclipses-will-shake-the-world/

In April of last year, Hagee said the end of the world would happen on December 1, 2015
Last October, Hagee warned that God would punish America for its sins (homosexuality, abortion, etc) with a “hellish nightmare”
In 2012, he predicted the end of the world would happen that year
In 2010, Hagee declared that we are “the final generation” — again, while selling a book about it
Hagee’s 2008 book Financial Armageddon predicted economic calamity, but was actually published after the financial crisis had peaked in October
His 2006 book Jerusalem Countdown predicted the United States would invade Iran and claimed that Hurricane Katrina was God’s wrath on New Orleans for all the sinning in that city
Published in 1999, From Daniel to Doomsday predicted the “Y2K bug” would destroy the world’s computer networks, which did not happen
In 1996, he claimed in yet another book that the assassination of Yitzhak Rabin by a right wing Zionist was a sign of the imminent End Times

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2015, 04:09:36 PM »
Aside from the fact that these Blood Moons have spiked curiosity and awareness of signs and wonders,   Joel 2:19-31 speaks of signs and wonders in the heavens and in the earth, Blood and fire and pillars of smoke.    In Acts 2:19-20 Peter and avid follower  of Jesus says exactly the same thing.  Peter repeats what Joel says.   God is the creator of heaven and earth In Genesis 1 God is mentioned by name 32 times in 31 verses If you believe God created the earth, then you can trust that He is offering us salvation, he created the planets, sun, moon, and stars too.   You can't just take some of what God says as truth... it is all truth.  He declares his existence with signs and wonders in the heavens.  There are many times that Blood Moons have appeared to represent Jewish events,  In 1948 Israel was born, God gathered the Jewish people that had been scattered through the Diaspora in one of the greatest miracles in human history. David Ben Gurion rushed down Rothchild Boulevard in Tel Aviv and stopped in front of the art museum.  At exactly 4:00 p.m.  he read the word that gave birth to the modern state of Israel.  Eleven minutes later President Truman recognized Israel as the home of the Jews, America was blessed under Presidents who supported Israel and were an ally.   God lit up the heavens with four blood moons after this event.   God sent a signal.  It seems the Blood moons occur before or after an event centered around Israel and the Jewish people, Israel is the Apple of God's eye.   No nation will ever remove Israel from the map.  God Almighty will protect her Himself.  I'm saying that things are changing in this world and these moons are signs.  Don't go buy the book, but be aware that people were enlightened about the signs from the bible.

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2015, 04:13:46 PM »
Blood Moons are NOT invented...they are in Joel and Acts and throughout history.   The times of 4 blood moons have been recorded as facts in human history, especially on Passover 4/15/14  Sukkot 10/08/14   Passover 4/4/14 and there will be one on 9/28/15....Nasa has also announced them.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2015, 04:14:23 PM »
Aside from the fact that these Blood Moons have spiked curiosity and awareness of signs and wonders,   Joel 2:19-31 speaks of signs and wonders in the heavens and in the earth, Blood and fire and pillars of smoke.    In Acts 2:19-20 Peter and avid follower  of Jesus says exactly the same thing.  Peter repeats what Joel says.   God is the creator of heaven and earth In Genesis 1 God is mentioned by name 32 times in 31 verses If you believe God created the earth, then you can trust that He is offering us salvation, he created the planets, sun, moon, and stars too.   You can't just take some of what God says as truth... it is all truth.  He declares his existence with signs and wonders in the heavens.  There are many times that Blood Moons have appeared to represent Jewish events,  In 1948 Israel was born, God gathered the Jewish people that had been scattered through the Diaspora in one of the greatest miracles in human history. David Ben Gurion rushed down Rothchild Boulevard in Tel Aviv and stopped in front of the art museum.  At exactly 4:00 p.m.  he read the word that gave birth to the modern state of Israel.  Eleven minutes later President Truman recognized Israel as the home of the Jews, America was blessed under Presidents who supported Israel and were an ally.   God lit up the heavens with four blood moons after this event.   God sent a signal.  It seems the Blood moons occur before or after an event centered around Israel and the Jewish people, Israel is the Apple of God's eye.   No nation will ever remove Israel from the map.  God Almighty will protect her Himself.  I'm saying that things are changing in this world and these moons are signs.  Don't go buy the book, but be aware that people were enlightened about the signs from the bible.

The problem is the misapplication of the scriptures. Debbie, I respect you, but I gotta say the NT is not a good source for this.

The End of Days is not calculatable. I do not believe it will fall on a normal 'blood moon'. As you say Debbie, Hashem is capable of anything, including bringing a 'blood moon' when it is not supposed to happen. We believe the redemption will happen suddenly, without any warning. Hashem can cause anything to happen at any time, as we believe he creates everything constantly from nothing.

I think these kinds of 'prophecies' are foolish. They do not get people to believe because the dates of 'doom' come and go, and things don't seem to change that much. False prophets must be executed because they cause people to lose faith.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2015, 04:15:13 PM »
Blood Moons are NOT invented...they are in Joel and Acts and throughout history.   The times of 4 blood moons have been recorded as facts in human history, especially on Passover 4/15/14  Sukkot 10/08/14   Passover 4/4/14 and there will be one on 9/28/15....Nasa has also announced them.

Jews do not believe in your NT... We have Joel, and our sages have (as I posted above) related how we understand this. Christianity does not represent Jewish faith at all.

You do realize that it is not mystical why these moons occur. Most Jewish festivals fall out on the 15th of the month (according to our lunar calendar this ensures it is a full moon that night, and a full moon is essential for the lunar eclipse)...