Author Topic: Worship the False Messiah : How could so many be fooled?  (Read 12692 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Worship the False Messiah : How could so many be fooled?
« Reply #100 on: May 17, 2015, 02:25:40 AM »
Shai77,

It is my understanding that the redemption will not just come because of unity, but unity under the banner of keeping the commandments. Nowhere in Jewish belief do we find that rejecting the Torah law is the path toward redemption.

You cannot have the Temple and redemption without keeping the law. No amount of peace and love is going to bring about the paradigm shift in belief and trust in Hashem. Usually music leads people astray as it is powerful (as I said in the music thread)... Only holy music is capable of bringing us toward the will of Hashem.

I think music is a useful tool for bringing people close but it must be kosher in intention and lyrical content. One of the tasks of Moshiach is to bring the Torah to every Jew and be a judge and king when the kingdom is established. I don't think that he will be a liberal pot smoker like you think he will be. I do feel that pot also has potential to bring together people, but the Torah is not about drugs or using substance to alter the mind.

I take a Rambam approach to the Moshiach which spells out what he must do. Your definition of Moshiach seems to fall short.

I am not rebuking you because I don't want to debate with you. We can do that personally via PM. I just don't think that this topic is kosher for JTF and I feel that it offends many. I am not afraid to debate the issues myself...
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline shai77

• Full JTFer
« Reply #101 on: May 17, 2015, 02:49:39 AM »
Ok. The topic was:
Maybe I was doing an experiment to see if I could get any followers to worship and follow me
as a messiah who preaches something other than keeping the commandments.
You asked a question and I posed my answer in a rhetorical manner.
If anyone likes the Hip Hop messiah theme and wants to hear more poetry please pm me.
I am one of the best poets and rhymers in world's history but I never could express myself
because I'm supposed to be such a good kosher boy.
I'm sorry, it's not me and I can't be one of these Hannukah rappers.

Offline Yehudayaakov

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #102 on: May 17, 2015, 07:16:56 AM »
 Shai

Your poetry brother is better that your rant about (..don't know i don't read it) :'( about