General Category > Introduce Yourself

Shalom!

(1/1)

IsraelBenZev:
Greetings!
I am a college student from New England studying history and training to be an Army officer.
I am an halachic Jew who was raised 100% secular. I am now becoming more religious. I have been kosher to a degree since I was 4 and am just now starting to observe more mitzvot.
I love Israel and thought this site looked interesting. It can also be very lonely as a student if you are a right-wing Zionist.
I think a note on my views as they agree with or contrast to what I have read on here so far might be helpful for people to understand where I am coming from:

* I do not believe a "peace process" should be "solution" oriented: "peace" will not happen until it happens of its (by which I mean Hashem's) own accord
* The Jews are a nation and that nation has a land and that land is Israel. We have a G-d given right to it and that right is indivisible. There are no "types" of Jews: Ashkenzi/Sephardi, Orthodox/Reform/Secular. We are all one people, indivisible. We are not Europeans, whites, or Arabs: we are Semites who belong to 12 different tribes that make up the Hebrew ethnicity.
* I reject racism or prejudice in all forms: hate in and of itself is evil. We must fight hate with love but also defend ourselves from it by whatever means necessary
* It is wrong to hate other Jews, even if they hate us and help those who would hurt us
Thank you for accepting me into your community,
Israel ben Ze'ev haLevi

TruthSpreader:
Shalom

Yehudayaakov:
Hello

Lisa:
Welcome to JTF.

mord:
Welcome

Navigation

[0] Message Index