Author Topic: Newman's plan for inner-city schools.  (Read 29298 times)

newman

Re: Newman's plan for inner-city schools.
« Reply #100 on: September 17, 2007, 06:11:56 AM »

Well the old ways worked. The new ways don't as evidenced by the daily headlines and crime STATISTICS.
I wish you were born back then, as an evil black person. Being an evil white person back then, you'd have been spared.

I'd have loved it!

I would have doo-dah deyed all de doo-dah day long.

I'd have also toted dat barge, lifted dat bail, said yassir yassir yassir and thanked my lucky stars I wasn't back in africa with flies on my face.

Erica

« Reply #101 on: September 17, 2007, 06:21:00 AM »

Well the old ways worked. The new ways don't as evidenced by the daily headlines and crime STATISTICS.
I wish you were born back then, as an evil black person. Being an evil white person back then, you'd have been spared.

I'd have loved it!

I'd have also toted dat barge, lifted dat bail, said yassir yassir yassir and thanked my lucky stars I wasn't back in africa with flies on my face.
I hope you never have children. You can never stay on the subject, and you can't carry a decent conversation because you're dead set on being a donkey. You aren't black and have NO idea what it was like to live in Africa back all of those years ago. You don't know WHAT you would have chosen, but I'd give anything to see you as a slave...just to see what your real response would be.

newman

« Reply #102 on: September 17, 2007, 06:27:03 AM »
I hope you never have children. You can never stay on the subject, and you can't carry a decent conversation because you're dead set on being a donkey. You aren't black and have NO idea what it was like to live in Africa back all of those years ago. You don't know WHAT you would have chosen, but I'd give anything to see you as a slave...just to see what your real response would be.

I guess my response would probably be like my English forebares (who were slaves (first to Romans, then Saxons, then Norman aristocrats) or the Jews who were slaves to any number of Kingdoms over the centuries. You see,.....we've ALL had the slavery thing so you people really need to stop crying like it only happened to you.

Offline takebackourtemple

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
« Reply #103 on: September 17, 2007, 06:56:47 AM »
   Art and Music appreciation are part of the curriculum as well as hygiene(like the schools even have it). Military appreciation is missing from the requirements.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

newman

« Reply #104 on: September 17, 2007, 07:04:31 AM »
   Art and Music appreciation are part of the curriculum as well as hygiene(like the schools even have it). Military appreciation is missing from the requirements.
As far as curriculum is concerned, my good friend Charles Brooks (Texan, educator and broadcaster of 40 years experience with two masters' degrees) says that the Bible and every episode of Little House on the Prairie would be the best grounding any child could have.

Joe Schmo

« Reply #105 on: September 17, 2007, 01:26:38 PM »
Tough drill & discipline should be mandatory.
Militant people like you ALWAYS think beating someone down should be manditory.

Discipline is the same as "beating someone down"?

After stupidity, weakness is the black man's biggest fault.

Stupidity breeds cowardice.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2007, 01:46:54 PM by Scriabin »

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #106 on: September 17, 2007, 05:30:05 PM »

I'd have loved it!

You are stupid. And I hate everything about you.... and its NOT because you're white. Its because you think that typing in ebonics is the way to go. You bash blacks for speaking it, then you speak it as if you don't look like a moron yourself. I'm glad I dont' know you personally. People like you just bring me to tears because I can't believe how idiotic and ... forget it.

Sheesh, and I thought she hated me....
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

Erica

« Reply #107 on: September 17, 2007, 05:30:09 PM »
Tough drill & discipline should be mandatory.
Militant people like you ALWAYS think beating someone down should be manditory.

Discipline is the same as "beating someone down"?

After stupidity, weakness is the black man's biggest fault.

Stupidity breeds cowardice.
Newman didn't say there was a difference, he went along with the post. Nowadays there are drill sgts who DO beat their  soldiers into 'shape'. It's not a good idea to have Drill Sgts. in Public Schools. Also, In military schools they're there but that's where they belong.

• Master JTFer
« Reply #108 on: September 17, 2007, 11:59:23 PM »
As far as curriculum is concerned, my good friend Charles Brooks (Texan, educator and broadcaster of 40 years experience with two masters' degrees) says that the Bible and every episode of Little House on the Prairie would be the best grounding any child could have.

The bible is a very important basis for all education.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

• Master JTFer
« Reply #109 on: September 18, 2007, 12:09:16 AM »
   My plan for the inner-city schools is the same as my plan for all schools. It is called a B or better(with a very limited amount of room for a C every once in a while since bad teachers do exist every once in a while). If the student cannot achieve this grade, they should be financially accountable for the education that they wasted.
   Corporations tend to have this policy for tuition reimbursement because they only want to make good investments. This should serve as the precedence.
   I'm not against tax payer money being invested for a public school student if the student is serious about school and will end up contributing to society as a result of the education. I am against wasting money on something that is clearly doomed to fail from the start.

newman

« Reply #110 on: September 18, 2007, 12:18:56 AM »
   My plan for the inner-city schools is the same as my plan for all schools. It is called a B or better(with a very limited amount of room for a C every once in a while since bad teachers do exist every once in a while). If the student cannot achieve this grade, they should be financially accountable for the education that they wasted.
   Corporations tend to have this policy for tuition reimbursement because they only want to make good investments. This should serve as the precedence.
   I'm not against tax payer money being invested for a public school student if the student is serious about school and will end up contributing to society as a result of the education. I am against wasting money on something that is clearly doomed to fail from the start.

I like your idea.

I'll add to it.

Use the B Min' rule up until the end of the 9th grade. When it is apparent that the student is either too stupid or too primative for academic study, place them in 12 months of vocational training.

Bus boy 101, Floor sweeper 101 etc.

Then cast them out into a conservative lead society with NO welfare and zero tollerence policing.

• Master JTFer
« Reply #111 on: September 18, 2007, 06:49:24 AM »
   9th grade is probably when I would start implementing the B or better policy, but I don't know exactly when the best time to start would be. Before then I would still expect them to perform, but would understand if they weren't mature yet, however, there would still have to be requirements to perform.
   For each C, the student would be responsible for half the amount they would be responsible if they got a D or F. To compensate for the occasional C or even D, I would credit each student 5 percent of the D or F amount for each B and 10 percent for each A so five A's would cancel a C, ten A's would cancel a D and you can do the math for the B's. For F's, the student would not be allowed to use this credit without special permission.
   While I wouldn't hold 7th and 8th graders responsible for their classes yet, I would allow them to start accumulating credit.
   I would also have military style schools for those who don't perform by the end of 8th grade.

• Master JTFer
« Reply #112 on: September 18, 2007, 06:56:55 AM »
   For those who are too poor to pay for a slightly negative balance, I'll also provide community service options to gain some supplemental credit.
   Ideally some won't pay what is owed to them, but they won't be allowed to register for the next term or graduate until the balance is paid off or a plan to pay it off is established.