Author Topic: christians and the torah  (Read 17491 times)

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
Re: christians and the torah
« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2007, 08:11:38 PM »
FTF, you knock it off too. Most forum members DO NOT attack Christianity.
No, but they do belive that it is wrong.
They think it's wrong not attacking Christianety ?
Not a foreign land we took and not with foreign possession but a land that belong to our ancestors that was occupied without a trial. And when we had the opportunity, we took our land back.
-Shimon Maccabee's answer to Antiochus VII Sidetes.

"When fighting monsters, be wary not to become one... When you gaze into the abyss, it also gazes into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

ftf

« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2007, 08:14:57 PM »
They think it's wrong not attacking Christianety ?
No, I was saying that many members of this forum think that christianity is wrong. Many of them share the views of the person who has just been banned, therefore I don't think he should ahve been banned.

newman

« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2007, 08:17:44 PM »

Newman, looking at: http://www.jewfaq.org/613.htm

Number 53, Jews are to love strangers.
Number 31, Jews are not to take revenge.
Number 32, Jews are not to bear a grudge.

That pretty much covers the idea which I have suggested are good, I have never commanded anyone to hold any of my beliefs though.

None of that referrs to those desiring to destroy the Jewish people.

Chaim has addressed this question already.

Ask Lubab about the context and stop taking lines from Torah and placing them out of context to try and fit YOUR theology.

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2007, 08:18:47 PM »
Not many here share the believe that Christianety is Avoda Zara of idols, but sure most (if not all) jews here believe that Christianety is Avoda Zara, because it's just does (acorrding to Judaism of course) .
Not a foreign land we took and not with foreign possession but a land that belong to our ancestors that was occupied without a trial. And when we had the opportunity, we took our land back.

"When fighting monsters, be wary not to become one... When you gaze into the abyss, it also gazes into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

ftf

« Reply #54 on: August 29, 2007, 08:24:39 PM »

That pretty much covers the idea which I have suggested are good, I have never commanded anyone to hold any of my beliefs though.

Ask Lubab about the context and stop taking lines from Torah and placing them out of context to try and fit YOUR theology.
I'm not trying to force my beliefs on anyone, merely explaining them as I have been asked to do so.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #55 on: August 29, 2007, 08:25:36 PM »
I was discussing this with Yacov, who says it's not Avoda Zara for the Christians themselves, but that Jews are not allowed to believe in a Trinity.  Can we just leave it at that?

newman

« Reply #56 on: August 29, 2007, 08:26:47 PM »

I'm not trying to force my beliefs on anyone, merely explaining them as I have been asked to do so.

Another way of saying "I'm missionising".

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #57 on: August 29, 2007, 08:28:52 PM »
Newman, you look for every old excuse to bash Christianity. Gimme a break. You are very transparent.

FTF, I'm not gonna be a sucker for your "JTF Hates Christians" act. It's old, it's stale, it has no credibility, and nobody buys it. Nobody thinks either that Christianity preaches mercy to the enemies of Israel. Show me some Scripture in the New Testament that says that.

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #58 on: August 29, 2007, 08:33:33 PM »
John :
8:44. You are of your father the devil: and the desires of your father you will do. He was a murderer from the beginning: and he stood not in the truth, because truth is not in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father thereof.

He's talking about the jews .

- Friedrich Nietzsche

ftf

« Reply #59 on: August 29, 2007, 08:58:56 PM »
John :
8:44. You are of your father the devil: and the desires of your father you will do. He was a murderer from the beginning: and he stood not in the truth, because truth is not in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father thereof.

Nope, that's actually about all humans.

newman

« Reply #60 on: August 29, 2007, 09:03:03 PM »
John :

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

Like martin luther?

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #61 on: August 29, 2007, 09:06:35 PM »
Read Chapter 8, for John ! ;)

- Friedrich Nietzsche

ftf

« Reply #62 on: August 29, 2007, 09:28:49 PM »
Read Chapter 8, for John ! ;)
He's speaking about all humans who sin, the particular group he was addressing were Jews, but if you read carefully what he said it was not talking about Jews alone.

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #63 on: August 29, 2007, 09:45:10 PM »
Chakma613, I do not appreciate you coming on this forum and making a divide between Jews and Christians with your ignorent and inappropriate statements.  This is not the first time you came on here and said stupid inflammatory remarks to start fights.  So I am warning you now.  Not everything with truth in it must be said in public, especially the way you distort everything.  You always post very arrogant angry statements and pretend that you are an authority figure, while you are really ignorant and post nonsense all the time.  If you are to come back, you have to have some humility, know that you are not the smartest one in the world, but you have a lot to learn from some of the learned Jews on this forum and our leader, and not defame G-d's name in public by saying stupid things on this forum.

Let me clear some things up; there is a dispute in Orthodox Judaism regarding how Christianity is to be perceived with regard to if a righteous devout Christian is considered a righteous Noahide obeying the 7 laws of Noah.  We don't like to discuss this in public since it is a sensitive topic and brings dispute so it is only discussed in private usually; but since Chakma613 brought this up, I'll clarify.  It all hinges on the trinity concept that Christians have and their belief in jesus being G-d.  Judaism itself is incompatable with such beliefs but the dispute is regard to what this is considered for Gentiles. Some Rabbis claim that Christians may be considered righteous Noahides but others hold that they are not and it is idolatrous to have such a belief.  Chaim holds like the first opinion that devout Christians are righteous Noahides.  Chakma613 thinks the other way but in his ignorance he ignores the other opinions and is starting a fight by bringing this up.  We must unite together to defeat Islam and accomplish our goals and ignore this irrelevant stuff as mosquewatch brilliantly stated.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2007, 10:06:16 PM by jdl4ever »
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"
-Rabbi Meir Kahane Zs'l HYD

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #64 on: August 30, 2007, 01:01:43 AM »
Well said, jdl4ever.

I have locked this thread.

ftf, you are a moderator and you have a higher standard to uphold and example to set. I don't want to see this type of nonsense anymore. You should have stopped this fight, not made it worse... no matter what anyone said to you. You have a great responsibility here and you should do your best to fulfill it.

I want the evil speech to stop. Every moderator and administrator should be 100% behind the unity of this forum and every action should reflect this. I am very disappointed in this fighting. I think we all know the differences in our belief systems but we have to join together for our very lives. Is this not a serious enough mission?

I want everyone here to remember why we are here and take a look at the bigger picture. Let's build unity and stand strong together to fight the evil that threatens our very existence. Let's remember the goal and stand up for one another.

Anyone can lose their temper... but it takes strength, courage, self-control, and UNITY to retake our lives and countries. JTF will only succeed if YOU (each and every one of you) decide it will succeed. We should all be proud of our mission and that our lives have meaning and purpose.

Let's do what right, be strong, and get past weak and fragile egos. Show respect for your fellow JTF members and be an example.
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim