Author Topic: Chaim and meat  (Read 2027 times)

wonderfulgoy

Chaim and meat
« on: September 19, 2006, 07:17:32 PM »
Chaim hinted on his latest 'Ask JTF' that he is not vegetarian because he eats fish and chicken without the skin.  Does that mean he does not eat any other forms of meat?

I don't want to post on the thread in case this has been asked before!  Has Chaim been asked this question already at some point?

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Chaim and meat
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2007, 04:28:55 AM »
What did he say?

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2007, 07:51:56 PM »
Hey Guys,

I'm pretty sure Chaim has said in the past that he does not in fact eat red meat, and if he does I'm sure it is very rarely.

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2007, 10:15:57 PM »
I dont understand whats soo bad about red meat? if you remove the fatty parts why is it soo bad?  Anyway I personaly eat a lot less cows meat since I like chicken a lot more.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2007, 11:12:16 PM »
I agree that red meat is not too bad, especially eaten in moderation.  In fact, I know bodybuilders like to eat lean red meat as one of their favorites.  When Chaim mentioned it, I think he stressed the fact that red meat is high in saturated fat and cholesterol, compared to fish and poultry, but again I think it's fine once in a while.

Offline JewishTeddyBear

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2007, 06:42:45 PM »
there are far worse things that one can eat besides meat.  sugar, bad carbohydrates are the worst culprit.  so is hydrogenated fat.  nevertheless, fish is so much healthier than meat, especially wild salmon, sardines, and herring, that it would be wise to have fish be one's source of protein whenever possible.

ftf

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2007, 08:00:38 PM »
It doesn't matter if you take in fat as long as you burn it off, exercise is the key.

newman

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2007, 09:04:47 PM »
Chaim said he does eat red meat on certain holidays to honour a custom of his father's.