Author Topic: The Karaite Judaism  (Read 21241 times)

Offline Lubab

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
Re: The Karaite Cult
« Reply #50 on: August 30, 2007, 05:43:32 PM »
Without the Oral tradition you can't even read one word from the written Torah. Hebrew does not have any meaning without the vowels.

The vowels are not found in the written Torah, only in the Oral Tradition. So if you don't believe in the Oral Tradition the Torah is no better than a bunch of ink on parchment. You can make it mean whatever you want.

You don't even need to say it's Hebrew, because we only know what Hebrew is from the Oral Tradition. It doesn't tell you anywhere in the Oral Torah what an Aleph or a Beit looks like. These things are all handed down in the oral chain.

And I'm just getting started....
"It is not upon you to finish the work, nor are you free to desist from it." Rabbi Tarfon, Pirkei Avot.

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #51 on: August 30, 2007, 06:24:07 PM »

This discussion has me curious where everyone is coming from, I was recently told that Judaism isn't a salad bar, well it sort of is, isn't it? From my observations there's all sorts of Jews.

So what variety of Jew are you? It'll better help us understand where we are coming from.

To be fair, I'll start.

I'm a Sepharadic Jew, born in the USA, but my parents and family are from Casablanca Morocco. (You'd think with that background I'd be able to get a decent tan right  ::) so such luck, blue eyed white guy, go figure)

So I'm pretty much secular, don't read or speak hebrew, and never had interest in practicing, (okay lost 3/4 of you now  ;) ) was told by my dad (who did practice and was religious) that we are "Conservative Sepharadic", dunno what that means exactly, and something was most probably was lost in translation as english was his second language and he learned english late in life, so what he meant by "Conservative" probably had a different meaning than your definition.

From when I did actually go to temple, (while I was still young enough to be dragged there against my will as a child) was that the rituals/services were completely conducted in hebrew, with the prayer shawls, etc.

Unlike some other secular Jews, I'm not hostile towards my brethren, as a matter of fact, I loath the self hating variety with all the vitriol I can muster.

Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

OZ77

« Reply #52 on: August 30, 2007, 06:29:27 PM »
Dexter my friend, there is only one kind of judaism,
and that's the one god gave us through moses on mount sinai.

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #53 on: August 30, 2007, 06:49:10 PM »

They follow the Torah, keep the sabbath, and are kosher? Then they're Jewish! Helloooo!

lol, no they dont.
And I can say you aren't Jewish at all because you are doing a great sin by not listening to the law in DEUTERONOMY CHAPTER 4 VERSE 2 :
Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your G-d which I command you

And I don't say it, because I'm not mean as you are, absolutely  disgusting .
But the Oral Law was given to Moses at Har Sinai - at the same time as the written law!  So no words were added, none were taken away, none were changed!

One does not deal with terrorists; one does not bargain with terrorists; one kills terrorists.
- Rabbi Meir Kahane ZT"L, HY"D

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #54 on: August 30, 2007, 06:54:18 PM »

The lot of you are way more religious than me, so you can argue out the details amoungst yourselves.

But like I said before, in the days of the Nazi's we'd ALL be on the same trains to the concentration camps, and today's Nazi's, the muslims don't give a damn either.

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #55 on: August 30, 2007, 07:07:34 PM »

The lot of you are way more religious than me, so you can argue out the details amoungst yourselves.

But like I said before, in the days of the Nazi's we'd ALL be on the same trains to the concentration camps, and today's Nazi's, the muslims don't give a damn either.
So I guess that finally proves that Karaites aren't... Muslims.  Thanks.

One does not deal with terrorists; one does not bargain with terrorists; one kills terrorists.

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #56 on: August 30, 2007, 07:27:55 PM »

They're Jews, they follow the Torah? Check, They keep kosher? Check, They keep the sabbath? Check. They're a hell of a lot more Jewish than the Reformed Jews.

And yeah, if the muslims had the chance, they'd kill them just as fast for being a JEW as you!

With the whole world against us Jews you think you can afford to piss on your brothers because they practice a little differently than you.

And for the record, Iin case you think I have some bias or agenda, there's none, I'm not a Karaite, I don't know any, and as a matter of fact, today on this thread, is the first time I have ever heard of them.

But with my way of thinking, if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks, it's a duck. The Karaites follow the Torah, keep Kosher and keep the Sabbath, that's Jewish in my book.

« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 07:41:34 PM by NewYorker »

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #57 on: August 30, 2007, 07:53:23 PM »

They're Jews, they follow the Torah? Check, They keep kosher? Check, They keep the sabbath? Check. They're a hell of a lot more Jewish than the Reformed Jews.

And yeah, if the muslims had the chance, they'd kill them just as fast for being a JEW as you!

With the whole world against us Jews you think you can afford to piss on your brothers because they practice a little differently than you.

And for the record, Iin case you think I have some bias or agenda, there's none, I'm not a Karaite, I don't know any, and as a matter of fact, today on this thread, is the first time I have ever heard of them.

But with my way of thinking, if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks, it's a duck. The Karaites follow the Torah, keep Kosher and keep the Sabbath, that's Jewish in my book.

2 down, 611 to go...

And trust me - they don't just practice [/i]a little[/i] different than me.

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #58 on: August 30, 2007, 08:07:16 PM »
"2 down, 611 to go..."

2 down, 611 to go?  I don't get it.  ???

"And trust me - they don't just practice a little different than me."

Ha, try going to a Reformed service, you'll wonder where are the Jews, and who all the goys are.

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #59 on: August 30, 2007, 08:20:04 PM »
"2 down, 611 to go..."

Ha, try going to a Reformed service, you'll wonder where are the Jews, and who all the goys are.

karaities are just as bad if not worse then reform, actually they all belonge to the same group, the group of making a man made religion and cult. It would be better for Jews who believe (and expecially preach) in these non-sense to just convert to christianity and have nothing to do with Jews any longer. Unfortunatly it is not the case, their attachment to Jews and their belief that they are practicing Judaism has brought soo much destruction and damage to Jews throughout history, we are still suffering from their (not really karaites, but reform and the secular eruz rav entity) influences.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline Lubab

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #60 on: August 30, 2007, 08:31:58 PM »
One more thing.

Dexter is completely right when he says that you will not find written evidence of the oral tradition of how tefillin should look in between the time of the giving of the Torah and the writing of the Mishna.

There is a very good reason for this. Because it was an ORAL TRADITION. Nobody was allowed to write the oral tradition down. It was not meant to be written down at all.

This oral tradition was passed down in a perfect chain of 40 generations from Moses to Yehoshua and so on through the greatest Torah scholars and Tzaddikim of each generation.

That is until Rabbi Judah the Prince, the giant of his generation decided that if this continues in an oral chain, with the weakening of the minds of the new generations it might start to be distorted. That's why he wrote it down as the Mishna. And there is where you'll see the oral tradition exactly as it was handed down through the 40 genarations. In the Rambam's Mishne Torah you can see exactly who were transmitters of the Mesorah (oral tradition) over those 40 generations.

They were all incredible Torah giants. Not ever to even be spoken in the same breathe as the Kararite traitor-ignoramuses.

Dexter, it's Elul now. It's a good time to rededicate yourself to the entire Torah and reclaim your share in the world to come.

"It is not upon you to finish the work, nor are you free to desist from it." Rabbi Tarfon, Pirkei Avot.

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #61 on: August 30, 2007, 08:38:49 PM »
lol, I think karaite comes from the word Karet- which means Cut Off.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #62 on: August 30, 2007, 08:43:13 PM »
"2 down, 611 to go..."

Oh, trust meI know about reformed services.  Try having to have a "Bar Mitzvah" at one of those places.  And you can tell the goyim from the Jews in those - because the goyim are the ones paying attention.

newman

« Reply #63 on: August 30, 2007, 08:47:35 PM »
"2 down, 611 to go..."

Oh, trust meI know about reformed services.  Try having to have a "Bar Mitzvah" at one of those places.  And you can tell the goyim from the Jews in those - because the goyim are the ones paying attention.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

OKC, that sounds just like Jackie Mason.

A goy hears a Hebrew prayer and says "OOOO, that's spiritual"

A Jew says "AHHHH!....Too Jewish"

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #64 on: August 30, 2007, 08:49:36 PM »
"2 down, 611 to go..."

Oh, trust meI
know about reformed services
.  Try having to have a "Bar Mitzvah" at one of those places.  And you can tell the goyim from the Jews in those - because the goyim are the ones paying attention.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

OKC, that sounds just like Jackie Mason.

A goy hears a Hebrew prayer and says "OOOO, that's spiritual"

A Jew says "AHHHH!....Too Jewish"

Its not funny its sad. :(

Offline jsullivan

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #65 on: August 30, 2007, 09:11:52 PM »
Chaim just did a special Hebrew video about this subject to try to save Dexter from this evil treasonous cult.

Apparently, the video did no good as Dexter is continuing to preach heresy.

The founder of the Karaites, Anan Ben David, was a traitor Jew who proclaimed that Mohammed, the founder of Nazi Islam, was a "prophet"!

The Karaites are NOT Jews. They have created their own new religious cult.

Any Jew who denies the Oral Law is denying the entire Torah.

New Yorker, for your information, the Nazis did not kill the Karaites because they understood that they are NOT Jews.

We are not going to tolerate prosletyzing on this forum for a cult whose founder called Mohammed a "prophet".

Dexter, everyone on the Hebrew forum tried to convince you that this is insane and the argument went on for days. Thank G-d on our Hebrew forum, no one else is attracted to this evil cult. But here on the English forum, I see that some people who are uninformed might be misled by this, and we will not allow this to continue.

Also, I have changed the title of this thread. You are calling this cult "Judaism" in the title. That is a lie.

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #66 on: August 30, 2007, 09:15:34 PM »
Chaim just did a special Hebrew video about this subject to try to save Dexter from this evil treasonous cult.

Apparently, the video did no good as Dexter is continuing to preach heresy.

The founder of the Karaites, Anan Ben David, was a traitor Jew who proclaimed that Mohammed, the founder of Nazi Islam, was a "prophet"!

The Karaites are NOT Jews. They have created their own new religious cult.

Any Jew who denies the Oral Law is denying the entire Torah.

New Yorker, for your information, the Nazis did not kill the Karaites because they understood that they are NOT Jews.

We are not going to tolerate prosletyzing on this forum for a cult whose founder called Mohammed a "prophet".

Dexter, everyone on the Hebrew forum tried to convince you that this is insane and the argument went on for days. Thank G-d on our Hebrew forum, no one else is attracted to this evil cult. But here on the English forum, I see that some people who are uninformed might be misled by this, and we will not allow this to continue.

Also, I have changed the title of this thread. You are calling this cult "Judaism" in the title. That is a lie.

Nicly stated.

Offline jsullivan

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #67 on: August 30, 2007, 09:18:15 PM »
Also I deleted the cult's web site that was placed here by a poster.

I have to warn people that if you place links to cult web sites that are working to destroy the Jewish people, not only will the links be deleted, but the posters who place the links after seeing this warning will be banned.

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #68 on: August 30, 2007, 09:31:11 PM »
I hope we don't lose Dexter over this... what a tragedy that would be.

Dexter, please read my thread about the Talmud:

http://jtf.org/forum_english/index.php?topic=7898.msg71931#msg71931
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #69 on: August 30, 2007, 09:33:55 PM »
Also I deleted the cult's web site that was placed here by a poster.

I have to warn people that if you place links to cult web sites that are working to destroy the Jewish people, not only will the links be deleted, but the posters who place the links after seeing this warning will be banned.
Exactly!  There should be no slack on this rule whatsoever !!
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

newman

« Reply #70 on: August 30, 2007, 09:36:31 PM »
Please keep in mind Dexter's age. We DON'T want to lose him.

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #71 on: August 30, 2007, 09:39:15 PM »

hes still younge, its much easier to influence and mold his mind in the proper direction.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #72 on: August 30, 2007, 09:43:17 PM »
By all means. I didn't mean Dexter. Dexter will come around I am sure of it.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline jsullivan

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #73 on: August 30, 2007, 09:59:32 PM »
It's true that Dexter is still very young. But everyone on the Hebrew forum went out of their way trying to show him that this is crazy. And today, Chaim even devoted his entire Hebrew video to this subject.

I lost friends of mine on 911. After everything the Muslims have done to us, I cannot tolerate someone promoting a pro-Muslim cult whose founder praised the monster Mohammed.

newman

« Reply #74 on: August 30, 2007, 10:06:40 PM »
It's true that Dexter is still very young. But everyone on the Hebrew forum went out of their way trying to show him that this is crazy. And today, Chaim even devoted his entire Hebrew video to this subject.

I lost friends of mine on 911. After everything the Muslims have done to us, I cannot tolerate someone promoting a pro-Muslim cult whose founder praised the monster Mohammed.

Did they actually praise him, or consider him an evil goy prohet like the babylonian guy?