Author Topic: Answering Karaitism.  (Read 8810 times)

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Answering Karaitism.
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2007, 04:11:50 AM »
Another group similar to the Karaites is the Samaritans, which are centered around the city of Shekhem in Israel.  They follow the 5 Books of Moses, but their Torah is a different version.  They believe theirs is the original though.

Fascinating. There's only 700 of them http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samaritan
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

newman

« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2007, 04:16:24 AM »
Just another lot claiming to be the 'real Israel'. Will it ever end?

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2007, 07:39:49 AM »
Hey, Dexter.

Now that you're online, please read the first post on this thread and I would like you  to respond to my argument, please.

Either on the thread or in a private message.

Thank you.
Post questions here for the ASK JUDEA TORAH SHOW

my blog: Yehudi-Nation

Who is truly wise? He who can see the future. I see tommorow today and I want to end it - Rabbi Meir Daweedh Kahana

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2007, 08:15:19 AM »
How about that hangs out on mt. gerizim and lives in Shechem
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2007, 10:37:24 AM »
The original Jews were not Black, contrary to what these two illiterate Jamaicans at my work tell me every bloody day.

The Bible says that certain people were black.

Moshe's wife. The slave who saved Jeremiah.

One doesn't go to China and point someone out in the crowd and say the oriental guy. Or Harlem and point one guy out and say"The black guy. or Utah and say "The white guy".

Since the bible points these people out as being black, obviously everyone else wasn't.

I'm sick and tired of having to tell this to these two moronic Jamaican who pester me at work about it.

But there is my argument against Black israelitism.
Sorry i'm comment on this old topic, but Moses wife wasn't black, acorrding to Rash"i, if i'm not mistaking, Kushit means at that verse "Pretty", Miriam wasn't happy that Moses took pretty woman for himself .
Not a foreign land we took and not with foreign possession but a land that belong to our ancestors that was occupied without a trial. And when we had the opportunity, we took our land back.
-Shimon Maccabee's answer to Antiochus VII Sidetes.

"When fighting monsters, be wary not to become one... When you gaze into the abyss, it also gazes into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Kananga

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2007, 01:32:53 PM »
Rashi never said that she WASN'T black.   He determined that  "Cushite" means beautiful through a gematria excercise that equates Cushite with a hebrew word for beautiful.  The Torah never says that Zipporah was not Hamitic, only that her father Yitro was a Midianite.

Miriam's point of emphasising that his wife was Cushite has to do with the idea that although she was from the Midianite tribe, it should be known that Zipporah has Cushite blood.  Nimrod was a Cushite who the sages believe built the Tower of Babel out of defiance to G-d, so it's because of his defiance that all Cushites have this association. 

Cushites, Egyptians, and Canaanites are all derivative of Ham.

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2007, 02:07:28 PM »
Rashi never said that she WASN'T black.   He determined that  "Cushite" means beautiful through a gematria excercise that equates Cushite with a hebrew word for beautiful.  The Torah never says that Zipporah was not Hamitic, only that her father Yitro was a Midianite.

Miriam's point of emphasising that his wife was Cushite has to do with the idea that although she was from the Midianite tribe, it should be known that Zipporah has Cushite blood.  Nimrod was a Cushite who the sages believe built the Tower of Babel out of defiance to G-d, so it's because of his defiance that all Cushites have this association. 

Cushites, Egyptians, and Canaanites are all derivative of Ham.
My mistake, Miriam angered because Moses deversed a beautiful woman .

Kushim in the torah dosn't always means "Kushim" literally, exmples :

*Amos 9:7
Are not you as the children of the Ethiopians (Kushim) unto me, O children of Israel, saith the Lord? did not I bring up Israel, out of the land of Egypt: and the Philistines out of Cappadocia, and the Syrians out of Cyrene?

**Jeremias 13:23
If the Ethiopian (Kushim) can change his skin, or the leopard his spots: you may also do well, when you have learned evil.

Acorrding to Rash"i, "Kushit" means pretty in "blind"(euphemism) (Sgi Nahor) .

BTW, if you can read hebrew, read more here :
http://daat.ac.il/daat//kitveyet/sde_chem/mazuz.htm
« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 02:13:54 PM by Dexter »
Not a foreign land we took and not with foreign possession but a land that belong to our ancestors that was occupied without a trial. And when we had the opportunity, we took our land back.

"When fighting monsters, be wary not to become one... When you gaze into the abyss, it also gazes into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Lubab

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2007, 05:17:51 PM »
The "black Israelites" are just another manifestation of black jelously and hatred of the Jews.

They are vicious anti-semites.

"It is not upon you to finish the work, nor are you free to desist from it." Rabbi Tarfon, Pirkei Avot.

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2007, 09:33:26 AM »
The "black Israelites" are just another manifestation of black jelously and hatred of the Jews.

In general, Black Hebrews do not claim that the original Israelites were black. Their theory is that some Jews were exiled to Africa after the Destruction of the Temple ( Remember that Africa and Sinai were comunicated by the Suez isthmus). According to them, some Jews came to Africa and mixed with native blacks. They were later taken as slaves to America, and now want to live in Israel ( since according to their theory) they have Jewish ancestors. They live in Dimona and are a small minority, faithfull to the land and the State, even though they had to struggle for decades to be allowed to stay. I sincerely do not see any reason to hate them.
Their religion is quite strange, they celebrate Pesach ( the week without leaven), but have also added other customs.... the sugarless week ( in which they do not consume sugar), the week without cooking (in which the only eat raw vegetables).
etc. They also avoid to put fruits and vegetables in the same dish or bowl (perhaps because the Torah forbids to grow vgetables in the vine.......)
The base of their ideas seem to be too weak to be considered Jewish, but if they are faithfull and honest, what's the problem? There are many peacefull Goyshe minorities in Israel. Even the Torah provides the concept of a Guer Toshav ( a Goy who is allowed to live in Israel as far as he does not violate the Noahide Laws). Then.... what's the problem with them????? Just their black skin?????!

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2007, 09:36:53 AM »

In general, Black Hebrews do not claim that the original Israelites were black. Their theory is that some Jews were exiled to Africa after the Destruction of the Temple ( Remember that Africa and Sinai were comunicated by the Suez isthmus). According to them, some Jews came to Africa and mixed with native blacks. They were later taken as slaves to America, and now want to live in Israel ( since according to their theory) they have Jewish ancestors. They live in Dimona and are a small minority, faithfull to the land and the State, even though they had to struggle for decades to be allowed to stay. I sincerely do not see any reason to hate them.
Their religion is quite strange, they celebrate Pesach ( the week without leaven), but have also added other customs.... the sugarless week ( in which they do not consume sugar), the week without cooking (in which the only eat raw vegetables).
etc. They also avoid to put fruits and vegetables in the same dish or bowl (perhaps because the Torah forbids to grow vgetables in the vine.......)
The base of their ideas seem to be too weak to be considered Jewish, but if they are faithfull and honest, what's the problem? There are many peacefull Goyshe minorities in Israel. Even the Torah provides the concept of a Guer Toshav ( a Goy who is allowed to live in Israel as far as he does not violate the Noahide Laws). Then.... what's the problem with them????? Just their black skin?????!

No, they claim that the original Hebrews were blacks, and that they are the original Hebrews .

- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2007, 09:41:43 AM »
Perhaps you are confused with other Black cults, or the opinion of SOME Black Hebrews. The great majority of Black Hebrews only say that they are a mix of Africans and Jews.

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2007, 09:52:11 AM »
Perhaps you are confused with other Black cults, or the opinion of SOME Black Hebrews. The great majority of Black Hebrews only say that they are a mix of Africans and Jews.
They are saying they are one of the 10 lost tribes, and at 700 B.C.E they exiled to Africa and than the Americans took as slaves, and they are the only Hebrews that are actually Hebrews, and all others are not Hebrews but a mixed people of Europeans, Arabs and more .
Besides, they think that the white men is the Satan, and they are extream racist .
Anyway, they are not considered as Jews at all .
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 10:05:51 AM by Dexter »

- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2007, 10:19:21 AM »
It is obvious that they can't be accepted as Jews, since there is no way to trace their matrilineal genealogy but.... why not letting them live in peace un Dimona as Gentiles? Then let them believe what they want in their private lives.
Rather take care of the 1000000 Arabs who live inside Israel, inside the Green line, and those other millions in Yesha, who claim Israel is Arab Land, and want to destroy the Jews. They even place fhotos of suicide murderers in the streets of Jewish cities. And they have Israeli citizenship. Really sad!

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2007, 10:24:03 AM »
It is obvious that they can't be accepted as Jews, since there is no way to trace their matrilineal genealogy but.... why not letting them live in peace un Dimona as Gentiles? Then let them believe what they want in their private lives.
Rather take care of the 1000000 Arabs who live inside Israel, inside the Green line, and those other millions in Yesha, who claim Israel is Arab Land, and want to destroy the Jews. They even place fhotos of suicide murderers in the streets of Jewish cities. And they have Israeli citizenship. Really sad!
Becuase they are racist against every non-black, that's why !

- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2007, 10:31:36 AM »
Becuase they are racist against every non-black, that's why !

I wouldn't care about what they are, even if some were racist. They haven't caused any problem in Israel!!!!! In the firsts years of the State of Israel, it was said there was a kind mutual racism, at some degree, between Askenazim and Sepharadim, also. And that was said by a Rav, not by me!