Author Topic: Athiest Nazi Attacks Creation  (Read 2752 times)

Offline Atheist

• New JTFer
Athiest Nazi Attacks Creation
« on: August 30, 2007, 01:49:51 PM »
Since Darwin we have no reason to believe the world is 4000 years old. Darwin's theory of natural selection is a very elegant answer to the question how complicated beings evolved from simpler life forms.
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities... Voltaire.

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
Re: Athiest Nazi Attacks Creation
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2007, 02:05:00 PM »
Atheists are BULL.

Let it be said that the rejection of G-d's existence ought to strain man's rational credibility even more. We must then assume that the functioning of the world under the sort of mathematical precision that we can only today fully begin to appreciate is a result of coincidence, and that the intricate coordinate functioning of life, from the very lowest forms to man himself is a matter of chance. Certainly, this requires a blind faith of its own.

-Rabbi Hayim Halevy Donin

And there are those who believe Hashem used evolution to create the world. But where did the Big Bang come from? That's the question you should ask yourself.
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline JewishTeddyBear

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2007, 06:20:04 PM »
this discussion reminds me of one of the most profound torah thoughs i ever heard.  the late great rabbi wasserman asked a very obvious question.  G-d never gives us challenges or commands that we cannot handle.  yet the moment a boy has his bar mitzvah at only thirteen years old, he is expected to believe in G-d.  but how can G-d expect such a young boy to believe in G-d, when the most sophisticated professors (such as bertrand russell, richard dawkins and christopher hitchens) do not believe in G-d?
the answer is, that the existence of G-d is, in fact, so obvious, that even a 13- year-old boy can perceive His existence.  and if he can, then so can the professor, but the professor chooses not to, because it would mean having to accept an authority higher than himself or any man

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2007, 09:37:52 PM »
G-d created the World, and expecially what we testify to - G-d performed open miracles for Israel in the land of Egypt, and gave the Torah to the Jews in front of millions. How and the time span of how he create dthe world, and the prior worlds he created are more hidden things, Im sure their are some people who have the exact knowledge of all this, Im not saying that science is wronge, but neither am I saying it is right.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

raiseyourfist

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2007, 12:45:49 AM »
In the bible when it says G-d created the heavens and the earth in 7 days that as many would imagine is a metaphoric idea...

However a great deal of people refuse to believe in G-d because of lack of proof...

These people are indeed blind for their atheistic views and athiests wrongly make assumption on grounds of existentialism

Offline JewishTeddyBear

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2007, 12:49:03 AM »
there have been atheistic existentialists, such as john paul sartre, but there have also been deeply religious existentialists, such as soren kierkegaard and martin buber

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2007, 03:45:49 PM »
Why was Atheist labeled a Nazi just for saying that he doesn't believe in the literal interpretation of creation. I also don't believe that the world is around 6000 years old and I believe that evolution and natural selection were G-d's methods of bringing about life and human kind.  Does that make me a Nazi too?
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2007, 08:17:08 PM »
No one is saying Earth is 4000 years old.  Earth is 5767 years old.  And if natural selection was completely correct, then why aren't Muslims extinct?  It must be because of their symbiotic relationship with liberals.

http://netscroll.blogspot.com/

*sigh* Natural selection doesn't have anything to do with human affairs or morality. Natural selection is just about how the strongest forms of life survive in their natural environment and evolve and continue to exist. The basic way to illustrate natural selection is through the use of antibiotics. When you first start taking them, the weakest bacteria die first while the stronger bacteria still survive. That's why you MUST continue taking the entire rx of antibiotics. Otherwise, if you stop, then the stronger bacteria will multiply and you'll be full of strong bacteria. So taking a little antibiotics and then stopping before you're supposed to is worse than not taking the antibiotics at all.

So regardless of how we feel about Muslims, it's not like their immune systems have any sense of morality and that their antibodies are going to turn against them because they have an evil religion.

This reminds me of one of my friends who said, "I can disprove Darwinism in 10 seconds. It's very simple. Darwinism believes in the survival of the fittest. But the Jews were weak and they still won all the wars." I'd respond the same way by stating that Darwinism doesn't have anything to do with human affairs and that if anything, the fact that the Jews won the wars prove that they are indeed the fittest.

ftf

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2007, 08:33:20 PM »
The theory of the Big Bang and evolution requires something to have always existed, some lump of mass or piece of energy. Saying mass or energy has always existed is no less religous than saying that God has always existed. The next step of the evolution and big bang religion requires the mass or energy to spontaneously explode, why would it explode? What caused it to explode, the evolution religion has no answers to these questions. The next few steps make sense, untill the point of a planet forming that would support life, according to scientific calulations, the method by which a planet would form within the big bang and evolution religion would have a 1 in 100000000000000000000000 (some very big number) chance of producing a planet that could support life, the next step requires life to come from lumps of matter, every attempt that scientists have made to produce life has failed, they can't produce a single cell organism, with all their highly sophisticated equipment, and they expect us to believe that natural chemicals could slowly become lving organisms with no assistance? The next step requires small organisms to slowly evolve into bigger and more complex organisms. There is no record of any animal evolving into any other animal, when an ape gives birth you alway get an ape, when a human gives birth you always get a human.

The Big Bang and Evolution religion is sounding less and less convincing. Conversly, the idea that God created the world  is so much simpler to understand, and believe, it does of course bring in the fact that if we have a creator we have a purpose, some people don't like the idea of having a purpose.

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2007, 09:04:31 PM »
The theory of the Big Bang and evolution requires something to have always existed, some lump of mass or piece of energy. Saying mass or energy has always existed is no less religous than saying that G-d has always existed. The next step of the evolution and big bang religion requires the mass or energy to spontaneously explode, why would it explode? What caused it to explode, the evolution religion has no answers to these questions. The next few steps make sense, untill the point of a planet forming that would support life, according to scientific calulations, the method by which a planet would form within the big bang and evolution religion would have a 1 in 100000000000000000000000 (some very big number) chance of producing a planet that could support life, the next step requires life to come from lumps of matter, every attempt that scientists have made to produce life has failed, they can't produce a single cell organism, with all their highly sophisticated equipment, and they expect us to believe that natural chemicals could slowly become lving organisms with no assistance? The next step requires small organisms to slowly evolve into bigger and more complex organisms. There is no record of any animal evolving into any other animal, when an ape gives birth you alway get an ape, when a human gives birth you always get a human.

The Big Bang and Evolution religion is sounding less and less convincing. Conversly, the idea that G-d created the world  is so much simpler to understand, and believe, it does of course bring in the fact that if we have a creator we have a purpose, some people don't like the idea of having a purpose.

Scientists have successfully created amino acids (the building blocks of life) in a lab, out of elements that existed in the Earth's early environment.  Of course humans don't have the possibility of creating single celled organisms, we aren't G-d.  I believe that one day it is possible that man will be able to make single celled organisms. 

There's actually lots of records and things to indicate that animals evolve into different animals, depending on how you define "different".  Haven't you ever heard that modern birds are descendants from dinosaurs?  Look at man himself, man used to be a "different animal" and we have mountains and mountains of fossil evidence pointing to this.  Whales and dolphins used to be land creates, you can even go see a real live river dolphin that still has vestiges of appendages.

If you really think that evolution works in a way that would allow an animal like an ape to give birth to a completely different animal, you obviously don't really understand evolution.  These processes occur over millions and hundreds of millions of years, never in one generation. 

You do see some spontaneous generational changes though, some humans are born without appendices in this sort of spontaneous way.     
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2007, 09:07:52 PM »
The Big Bang and Evolution religion is sounding less and less convincing. Conversly, the idea that G-d created the world  is so much simpler to understand, and believe, it does of course bring in the fact that if we have a creator we have a purpose, some people don't like the idea of having a purpose.

I don't see where you got the notion that the Big Bang and creationism are mutually exclusive.  The Big Bang IS G-d creating the Universe.  The Big Bang is a means, not a purpose, causal impetus or force that brought it into action.

Also, it's sort of pointless to say that G-d created the "world" if we know that he created the Universe and everything in it.

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2007, 09:31:54 PM »
Ok, Daniel, well I wasn't all that serious about the natural selection thing I posted.  It was a joke poking fun at Muslims for being primitive neanderthals.

Another point about Darwinism:  Hitler believed in it and it was a basis for eugenics, which was used to try to make Jews into Aryans by conducting various medical experiments on them.  I suppose he was just taking this athiestic philosophy to its logical conclusion.  All that Christian and Jewish "right/wrong" mumbo jumbo was just Jewish propaganda anyway.

Just comes to show that whether it's political or religious, extremist beliefs lead people to engage in some really harmful stuff. By the way, I'm sure you meant "right/left" mumbo jumbo. That seems to be the consensus on here.

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2007, 10:12:58 PM »
"Left" is only synonymous with "wrong" in the political arena.

Yeah, that's exactly my point.

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2007, 02:10:22 AM »
Atheists are BULL.

Let it be said that the rejection of G-d's existence ought to strain man's rational credibility even more. We must then assume that the functioning of the world under the sort of mathematical precision that we can only today fully begin to appreciate is a result of coincidence, and that the intricate coordinate functioning of life, from the very lowest forms to man himself is a matter of chance. Certainly, this requires a blind faith of its own.

-Rabbi Hayim Halevy Donin

And there are those who believe Hashem used evolution to create the world. But where did the Big Bang come from? That's the question you should ask yourself.
That is a good quote, but I'm not sure if Hayim Halevy Donin was actually a Rabbi.  His "shul" is very near where I live and it is not Orthodox.  It's "Traditional" (which is just Conservative in disguise - and, as we all know Conservatives are just Reformers in disguise - so "Traditional" Jews are really just Reformers with two disguises on).  He may, however, have received semicha from a legitimate Yeshiva - I don't know.  Now, whether even that would make him a Rabbi, considering what kind of "congregation" he led, I also am not sure of.  Perhaps lubab could help out here?

One does not deal with terrorists; one does not bargain with terrorists; one kills terrorists.
- Rabbi Meir Kahane ZT"L, HY"D