Author Topic: Ask JTF For Motza'ei Tzom Gedaliah, September 16.  (Read 10169 times)

admin

Ask JTF For Motza'ei Tzom Gedaliah, September 16.
« on: August 29, 2007, 02:56:40 PM »
BS"D

Note To All Posters: Only one post per person is permitted. Please make it a single, short question.

Chaim would love to answer all of your great questions but (unfortunately due to the number of questions and time constraints), if there is more than one short question, it will have to be moved to the Future Ask JTF section. We apologize for this inconvenience and only wish that every person has a chance to be heard on the show.

Or course, comments not directed to Chaim will be moved into a separate thread under The General Discussion.

Chaim has stated that only one short question or comment per poster will be answered. Please remember that even with these rules, the program is over 2 hours long every week! If you want to post a longer question, unfortunately, Chaim may or may not be able to answer it in it's entirety. In this case, you may copy and paste parts of your question for the following week.

Thank you for your kindness and respect regarding these rules.

BS"D

Gmar Chatima Tova,

Everyone has to take at least one "Diversity" class so this semester, I'm taking "Politics of Diversity". It's more like a Sociology course than a Political Science course. The teacher is black but he speaks the way blacks used to speak before Martin Luther King started with the accent (You did this accent on a QPTV show once.). The teacher said that his wife is white and that they have been the victims of hate crimes because of that. He said there is no Scientific basis for the concept of "race". He must mean biologically but the external physical concept does exist. You have said that there is no biological reason for races acting a certain way but rather it is cultural. The teacher said people look difference based on race because of where they come from. So I asked him what he would call it if not race so he said we'll discuss that on Friday (But we didn't.). He also passed out something from the website of "The Southern Poverty Law Center" which listed the number of hate groups by state so I went to the website and looked for New York to see if they listed JTF but they only listed "JDL" (In Brooklyn and Rochester.), as if it still existed. At least they also list black groups such as The Nation of Islam. I'm not sure ADL would list black groups. The black teacher also gave us a paper about him and it said he was head of the "affirmative action department" in some college. I think it was affirmative action studies and remember that that's not JTF's definition of affirmative action so maybe they teach about affirmative action policy. It reminds me of Tonycali's "gay studies" courses. The teacher also said that most people in jail in this country are white. But he agrees that blacks shouldn't act the way they JTF believes they do but he said people shouldn't generalize. I didn't mention to him JTF. He just mentioned that rap music is bad but the same thing can be said about white "Punk Rock" music.

I also asked him what would he call the physical differences if he wouldn't call it race and he said "That's a good question." or something like that. He said the differences are because of the environment were people lived so blacks became black because it's hot in Africa and Orientals got slanty eyes because it was cold where they originated. They probably originated in Siberia. All native Arctic peoples have Orientals eyes except The Lapps in Scandinavia but The Lapps still have have an Oriental admixture.

Here's my question: How would you answer my teacher when he said that "race is an unscientific social construct"?

Yacov Menashe Ben Rachamim,
Chief Administrator.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2007, 07:45:45 PM by Yacov Menashe Ben Rachamim »

Offline jsullivan

• Pro JTFer
Re: Ask JTF For Motza'ei Tzom Gedaliah, September 16.
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2007, 12:14:27 AM »
I'm posting this for Yacov Menashe Ben Rachamim.

The reason I picked the specific Diversity class I'm taking is because it's not just about one group. I'm a History major so if I was going to take one in my own department, it would have to be "Black History" because they don't offer "White History". So the class I'm taking goes through all the ethnic groups and at the end of the semester, it even includes White Ethnic Groups. But it lists whites last and I think it lists blacks second after American Indians. Note that I'm not using the terms the book used. The book uses "American" after every group name except White Ethnic Groups. Within the the chapter on whites, they mention "Jewish Americans" which is very offensive to Jews because it is Anti-Jewish to use "politically correct" terms for Jews. Jews are American Jews because we are Jews first and foremost. Just because blacks added American, the "politically correct" morons want to use it for every group name. "Political correctness" and Judaism are antitheses of each other.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2007, 10:38:34 PM by Yacov Menashe Ben Rachamim »

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2007, 09:40:54 AM »
Lashana Tova!  May you be inscribed in the Book of Life and that all your wishes come true this year..first and foremost, with a loving wife and a complete family. 

Chaim, when I came back from Israel recently I realized that in MY LIFE that religion and secularism should, at least, be both practiced in moderation. The benefit of Torah law written by Gd should be for our benefit here on earth and not as much for the sake of a next world or the new messianic world.  (Yes, I would rather go to heaven after death than hell and yes, I would like to be resurrected in the messianic era).  HOWEVER, 
I choose to follow the mitzvot of treating my fellow human being properly because, it's simply, the right thing to do. 
I choose to praise Gd daily and honor my parents because it's a healthier to be humble than haughty.   
I choose to learn an aspect of Torah from the eyes of wise men inspired by Gd because knowledge is good and their logic is beautiful to my brain like classical music is beautiful to my ears. 
I do not want to do these things for an incentive after death. 
I think one reason we are put in this world by Gd is to appreciate His Majesty and to, Gd willing, bring others into this world so that they can benefit the same thing. After all, only a few souls in this universe are lucky enough to be given a life.

What do you think of what you just read?

Shalom

Daniel

oh and to avoid any confusion with any of the Daniels on this forum, just call me "boreh meenay mizonot" for now on  :P
« Last Edit: September 15, 2007, 09:46:03 PM by dannycookie57 »
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Mstislav

• Master JTFer
  • islam must be eradicated & all muslims wiped out
    • The American Infidels
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2007, 12:24:50 PM »
Shalom Chaim,

The videos you and David do on youtube are invaluable, priceless works and it is a shame that most of the older JTF videos are not on youtube anymore. What do you think of making JTF videos available for downloading? P.S I miss the hats and dark sunglasses.

Thank you always for your dedication and hard work.

Mstislav
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 05:57:17 PM by Mstislav »
The satanic barbaric deathcult of islam spread like a cancer throughout the world, killing and destroying everything it touches. muslims are like the hiv/aids virus, subverting the societies of non muslim lands only to allow the cancer of islam to consume and destroy. muslim, I curse and hate you, your 'prophet', 'g o d' and deathcult.   

Because the West needs to be won again and the stakes couldn't be higher . . .

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2007, 12:43:25 PM »
Shalom ve'Shana Tova, Chaim .

Do you prefer Capitalism over the Jewish economic way ?

Toda and Shana Tova again,
Ohad .
Not a foreign land we took and not with foreign possession but a land that belong to our ancestors that was occupied without a trial. And when we had the opportunity, we took our land back.
-Shimon Maccabee's answer to Antiochus VII Sidetes.

"When fighting monsters, be wary not to become one... When you gaze into the abyss, it also gazes into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline kahaneloyalist

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2007, 03:27:24 PM »
Chaim I would like a ban on Germans on the forum, as another German has joined in the last week and was again welcomed by many people on this forum, to my great dissapointment.
"For it is through the mercy of fools that all Justice is lost"
Ramban

Online Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2007, 06:20:30 PM »
Shalom Chaim and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I would like to know why every holiday on the Jewish calander starts at sundown?  No one can give me a good answer to this question, not even my rabbi.  I would also like to know why the holidays always come out on different days each year?  Thank you in advance to my questions.

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2007, 08:06:54 PM »
Good Day Chaim,
  Do you know of any other country besides the US that is Pro-Israel and a strong supporter of the Jewish State.
When you get to Israel and assume a position in government would you ever consider forming an alliance with such country?
                       Thanks and Happy New Year!!
« Last Edit: September 16, 2007, 10:12:03 PM by Danstx19 »

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2007, 12:30:12 AM »
Dear Chaim,

After 6 years of waiting, Hashem finally blessed my wife and I with twins. A Ben Zachar Bechori and a beautiful Bat Yisrael.

Soon by You, Chaim.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2007, 11:38:48 AM by judeanoncapta »
Post questions here for the ASK JUDEA TORAH SHOW

my blog: Yehudi-Nation

Who is truly wise? He who can see the future. I see tommorow today and I want to end it - Rabbi Meir Daweedh Kahana

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2007, 07:28:53 PM »
Shalom Chaim,

Last week, in the context of the news that the Bush Administration is allegedly planning an aerial blitz on Iran (yeah sure  ::)), DownwithIslam and I jointly agreed that America, especially under a Democrat but even under Jorge, would attack Israel before any Muslim Nazi hellhole. I know you would agree. If Bush's masters (the Saudis, Chinese, and Mexicans) pressured him into waging a holocaust on the tiny Jewish state, he would at the very least think long and hard about it. How do you respond to the naive who think America would never hurt Israel?

Thanks as always, Chaimfan
« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 07:31:18 PM by C.F. »

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2007, 09:20:53 PM »
Dear Chaim:

Do you know of Rebbetzin Esther Jungreis, who runs Hineni?  Is so, what do you think of her?  Perhaps she might be able to help you get into Israel.

Lisa

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2007, 09:53:21 PM »
L'shanah tovah, Chaim, and may the new year bring you health and happiness and above all, entry into Eretz Yisroel!

You have discussed different addictions many times on your programs. Do you think that JTF can become an addiction too?

Daniel - Not the Cookie ;)

Offline Dan Ben Noah

• Full JTFer
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2007, 10:43:55 PM »
Shalom Chaim,

To my knowledge, it seems like most of the Orthodox Jewish groups in Israel--such as Agudat Israel, the Lithuanian Jews, the Lubavitchers, etc--are either non-Zionist or Hasidic or both.  Are there any Orthodox Jewish groups in Israel which are both religious Zionists and non-Hasidic?

Respectfully,

DanBenNoah
Jeremiah 16:19 O Lord, Who are my power and my strength and my refuge in the day of trouble, to You nations will come from the ends of the earth and say, "Only lies have our fathers handed down to us, emptiness in which there is nothing of any avail!

Zechariah 8:23 So said the Lord of Hosts: In those days, when ten men of all the languages of the nations shall take hold of the skirt of a Jewish man, saying, "Let us go with you, for we have heard that God is with you."

newman

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2007, 11:02:17 PM »
Shalom, Chaim

In islam's twisted belief merely touching a pig-based product before death denies one entry to paradise. Why do the Israeli authorities not place pigskin in hidden places aboard buses to deter suicide bombings and will you push for such a scheme?

Toda,

Newman.

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2007, 12:03:15 AM »
Shalom Chaim

This Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur in the galut, millions of Jews will listen to a boring sermon about Darfur, gay marriage, or worse, the dangers of global warming. If the Rabbi is really controvoyshal, he will recommend economic sanctions on Iran.

I argue that this type of p.c. drivel is why synagogues and churches are empty throughout the year.

I wonder what sort of sermons were given in American synagogues during the Shoah. At a time when the synagogue was most likely to be full, the Rabbis were probably worried about offending or undermining the disgusting self-hating Jews working in the Roosevelt administration and their so-called efforts at persuading the president to intervene. 

May Hashem give us strength to fight our battles in the coming year,

Trumpeldor

Offline YESHA

• Pro JTFer
  • I love our Yesha residents - Judea & Samaria.
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2007, 07:40:40 AM »
Dear Chaim,
Sorry to trouble you again and the listeners to my personal issues relating to aliyah la’aretz. I’m finding it so difficult communicating with my mum when it comes to aliyah. She like half smiles it a derogatory way and makes me feel bad about wanting to move away.  I also find it very difficult to speak to my mom about marriage & shiddichim. She knows and recognizes, though that I want to make aliyah, and is slowly accepting it.

It is so frustrating speaking and interacting with her when it comes to issues like me opening up a kleisar (tik) with the Jewish Agency or planning my Pilot Trip, please G-d late next year. Hope you can be of help and a listening hear - many Thanks Chaim. Shalom, Zev.

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2007, 10:18:04 PM »
Hello Chaim,

I been watching through You Tube some of Rabbi Kahane's speeches and his debate on Ted Kopel against Olmert.  And All I can say is what a difference between a giant and a worm.  I know he had a great deal of respect from non Jewish leaders.  But how did he as well as yourself were able to convince the Christians back then and yet even till today's times, I a non Jew mention Rabbi Kahane and how he impressed me I get lip from Jews that say "extremist", even though I answer them I rather have an "extremist" as these people say telling the truth then these frauds telling lies.  Even though I was very young when he was murdered I think this is a legend that went down in history.
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline Zvulun Ben Moshe

• Pro JTFer
  • A Party to the Eternal Covenant
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2007, 02:11:06 AM »
Dear Chaim,

I have heard that some Israeli radio stations broadcast out of the neutral waters of Mediterranean Sea to avoid certain restrictions and regulations imposed in Israel.

Are any JTF supporters in Israel capable of contacting those stations for possibly purchasing air time?

If not, do you know how costly is advertising in major Israeli media and have attempts been made to utilize it?

P.S. Having said that, I need to mention that there is a technical means to set up an online radio station with either live or recorded broadcasting.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2007, 05:49:14 PM by Zvulun ben Moshe »
I am Zvulun ben Moshe and I approve this message.

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2007, 02:16:23 AM »
What is your opinion if someone wants to make Aliyah and there parents don't want them to.  Should they should listen to their parents and not make Aliyah to not violate the commandment of honoring your parents or should they make Aliyah (perhaps you could make the argument that if you are required to risk your life to conquer the land of Israel then you may surely violate the commandment of honoring your parents).  I am unsure.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2007, 08:35:12 PM by jdl4ever »
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"
-Rabbi Meir Kahane Zs'l HYD

Offline Manch

• Master JTFer
  • Kahane Tzadak!
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2007, 01:09:29 PM »
Shana Tova to all JTFers!

Dear Chaim,
while I strongly disagree with your answer regarding Israel military capabilities of going it alone in general and cooperation Germany in particular, I wholeheartedly agree that Western/German  sponsorship of such organization as Shalom Ahshaf, Women in Black and creatures such as Beilin, Sarid, Peres and Olmert does much more harm than the benefits of any military/intelligence cooperation.  Excellent point on your part!
However, the onus is again on Israeli Jews who tolerate such creatures in their midst.

Besides, since when in diplomacy one gives away any initiative?! Israel diplomacy under a smart leadership should strive for molding diplomatic relationship with any country, including Germany, in such a fashion so that such relationship benefits Israel the most. This is possible through constantly maintaining Political and Economical Initiative, Leverage, Competitiveness and, most importantly, a Sense of Self Respect & Jewish Pride that Israel is achingly lacking today.
Again, the problem is not Germany, but Israel!

Shalom and all the best in the New Year, may you celebrate your next year in the Holly Land!
Hayot Araviot Masrihot

Offline Alexander

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2007, 05:12:29 PM »
Hello Chaim,

Have you ever considered doing a live podcast? Maybe Ask JTF could be done in this way. You could still answer questions that are sent in and also take some live calls from JTF members.

Thank you,
Alexander

Offline ape

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2007, 08:19:27 PM »
Dear Chaim,
  Do you have asthma or a sinus condition? If so, what do you do to treat it. Because, I notice on the videos you draw air through your nose rapidly. Also you may consider doing "ask JTF" once every 2 weeks to give yourself a break.

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2007, 11:12:16 PM »
Hello Dear Chaim,

Hope you had a great Rosh Hashanah.  This week I would like to ask you a question about animals.  What do you think G-d's purpose was to fill the world with an abundance of truly unique and diverse creatures?  The variety in nature is fascinating and mind-boggling.  What lessons was he trying to teach us?  Do animals have souls and know the differences between good and evil?  How should righteous Jews and Gentiles relate to the animal kingdom?  I know you have said previously that animals do not belong in the home (the principle of rekanut I believe).  Thanks for the time, effort, and dedication as always.  Until next week, G-d willing.

Ari

Offline Ralph1

• Full JTFer
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2007, 11:42:33 PM »
Do you think law enforcement and military should be privatized with government only controlling the Judicial system? Every current military weapon that I can think of is manufactured by private federal contractors. These private companies improved their weapons by competing with each other and as a result gained an edge over the USSR who failed to produce because of lack of competition. Just look at Lockheed Martin's F-22 Raptor (which has rendered all previous jet fighters useless) and Northrop Grumman's B-2 bomber. If it works so well with weapons why not with soldiers and police?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2007, 05:06:10 PM by Ralph »

Offline Sparky

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2007, 01:25:36 AM »
Hi Chaim,

Do you ever read the comments on your youtube videos?  Some pretty nasty stuff including calling you a lunatic.  What's your response to this?

Thanks.