Author Topic: Presidential Elections  (Read 2293 times)

Offline JewishTeddyBear

• Senior JTFer
Presidential Elections
« on: August 29, 2007, 11:56:27 PM »
I realize it is a long, long way before next year's Presidential Elections, but I am curious to know who each of you support for President, and why.  I am not here to judge you; I am really curious to know.
It seems only fair that I begin this, so let me tell you who I support.  But before I do that, I want to make these general comments about the elections.
Politicians are not Rabbis, teachers, or parents.  They cannot be all things to all people.  Especially given that they are politicians, we should not ever expect them to completely fulfill our every wish.
Following that line of thinking, I have come to reduce to just three criteria by which I choose my President.
The first of these criteria is the battle against violent evil.  In the past, this would have included the battle against nazis and communists; today, it includes the battle against islamofascist evil.  This includes helping other countries fight this battle, so that it would include uncompromising support for the Jewish State of Israel.  This battle against violent evil also includes fighting violent crime right here in this country. 
My second criteria is the lowering of income taxes.  Ideally, I would want all taxes completely eliminated, except for a 17% national sales tax.  Generally speaking, the lower our taxes are, the more money we have to invest in businesses in various forms, and the more companies can afford to hire more people, thus increasing employment and making the economy boom.
My third criteria is nominating strict constructionists for judges to our court system, so that we do not repeat the tragic mistake of making abortion legal, or the farce of affirmative action.
Based on my criteria, my guess is that the candidates who most fit my criteria are Duncan Hunter, Tom Tancredo, and Fred Thompson.
Nevertheless, because Hunter/Tancredo are unknowns going nowhere, and until I know more about Fred Thompson, at this point I support Rudy Giuliani for President.  If we do not fight to win our war against the islamofascists, then we lose, which means no more America, no more freedom, equality of opportunity, justice, and all the other wonderful things about America.  It would mean living under isalmofascist rule, which would mean death for all of us Jews. 
No gentile understands this better than Rudy Giuliani.  He has demonstrated many times his friendship to the Jews and the Jewish State of Israel, and his disdain for islamofascism. 
There is more I want to say about this, but this is probably already too long.

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Presidential Elections
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2007, 12:22:02 AM »

I'm for Giuliani, I saw what he did for New York first hand, turned it around from the cesspool it was to the clean decent city it is today. Giuliani is a no-nonsense problem solver, and that's what America needs. Also, he's not owned and bought and paid for by special interest like the Washington politicians who are more interested in representing Texaco and Walmart, or whoever it was that gave them the latest suitcase full of cash, than they are the American people. 
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2007, 03:12:14 AM »
I don't understand why nobody here pushes for Tancredo or Hunter right now.  IT's only the primaries..not the actual elections.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline JewishTeddyBear

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2007, 12:09:31 PM »
i think both duncan hunter and tom tancredo are superior candidates.  but we also have to be practical: we cannot purify the Presidency if we do not have a republican President in the first place.  as liberal as rudy giuliani may be on some issues, just think how infinitely worse a hitlery rotten clinton Presidency would be.
now, if duncan hunter would suddenly become very widely known and popular, and somehow become the republican choice for president, of COURSE i would proudly support him 100%.  but i just do not see that happening.  rudy giuliani is america's mayor

newman

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2007, 02:37:30 PM »
If Rudy attacks the 2nd Amendment, all Americans will be fair game. Don't risk it.

Offline JewishTeddyBear

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2007, 04:57:38 PM »
I do feel uneasy about Rudy regarding nominating truly conservative judges for the courts, as well as his stance on gun control.  the abortion thing does not bother me as much, because that issue is subsumed under the general category of having good judges fill our courts.
Perhaps that is why so many of us still hold out hope for Fred Thompson.  Thompson may represent a more purified and pure form of Republican than Giuliani.  If Fred Thompson can prove to be good for the Jews, tough on the moslems, in favor of conservative judges, and a proponent of getting rid of all taxes except for a 17% national sales tax, then he may be an even better candidate than Rudy

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 05:02:22 PM by mord »
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline JewishTeddyBear

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2007, 05:06:22 PM »
mord, i will look up the link you just sent to me, but before i do, let me say this.  i see it is a link favoring duncan hunter.  let me be honest here (as if i am not already very outspoken here, lol!).  duncan hunter may be the best candidate of all.  i can give you two very powerful reasons why i think so.  first of all, he has THE best conservative voting record of any congressman, even higher than tom tancredo.  second and perhaps more importantly, he is the ONLY candidate running for president who openly opposes Israel handing over any of their land to their islamofascist neighbors.  well, okay, let me add one more thing: he is from my neck of the woods, here in southern california, which is a nice little bonus.

however, there is one huge problem about duncan hunter.  unless you are a political junkie like I am, NOBODY KNOWS HIM!  ask the typical american, who will probably not pay attention to the elections until well into next year, and he will have never heard of the guy!  so how can a total unknown possibly beat hitlery rotten clinton, whom EVERYbody unfortunately knows?  our first priority is to beat the dhimmicrats at whatever cost, and only then worry about making our party a more purified one.

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2007, 10:23:59 AM »
i think both duncan hunter and tom tancredo are superior candidates.  but we also have to be practical: we cannot purify the Presidency if we do not have a republican President in the first place.  as liberal as rudy giuliani may be on some issues, just think how infinitely worse a hitlery rotten clinton Presidency would be.
now, if duncan hunter would suddenly become very widely known and popular, and somehow become the republican choice for president, of COURSE i would proudly support him 100%.  but i just do not see that happening.  rudy giuliani is america's mayor

DON'T BE PRACTICAL WITH THE ELECTION UNTIL THE GENERAL ELECTION. 

DURING THE PRIMARIES, YOU SUPPORT THE CANDIDATE WHO YOU LIKE THE BEST, REGARDLESS OF HOW MUCH OF A LONG-SHOT THE CANDIDATE IS. 

THIS POST IS IN CAPS TO EMPHASIZE THIS. 

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2007, 09:17:51 PM »

In 2000, Chaim endorsed Alan Keyes even though Keyes had no chance of winning. So if Chaim likes Hunter and Tacredo, I don't see why he just doesn't go ahead and endorse regardless of what chances either one of them has of winning. I might ask this in an upcoming Ask JTF.

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2007, 09:23:54 PM »
I personally like Mike Hucabee the most and I'm glad Chaim is considering endorsing him. I'm not impressed with any of the current democratic candidates. I have no idea how I'm going to vote in the primary.