Author Topic: Italians and Other Mediterranean Racial Groups  (Read 32427 times)

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
Re: Italians and Other Mediterranean Racial Groups
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2007, 02:14:40 AM »
Who has ever said that black Jews aren't good people or that all black people are bad people?  If so I must not have been here.
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2007, 02:38:07 AM »

Sorry - I was just surprised to learn from Erica that she didn't consider Italians to be white just Italian - in another thread.
If I'm not white that's news to me.
I don't know about all the technicalities of being white.  ;)
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Erica

« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2007, 02:57:35 AM »
Italians aren't white; they're Italians.

Comments please.

Thank you Newman for doing this. I was going to concede... I guess I'd better change my mind because it won't make one bit of difference. I could say I'm sorry until I'm blue in the face and it would mean nothing here. Screw it.

Erica

« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2007, 02:59:46 AM »
Pardon the pun....but Erica is out of her cotton picking mind if she says that Italians aren't white (Caucasion). Some are olive skinned if that's what she means.
I never knew them to be caucasion because bullcat said she's italian. I'm seriously mistaken. * Standing back to watch the  chicken and watermelon jokes fly by and my apology, not paid any attention to.*

Erica

« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2007, 03:00:22 AM »
You are so correct Ze'ev.  Think of all the new doors opening.  A nonwhite woman - I got it made in the shade!  8)

Why do you act as if I knew you were Italian, bullcat?

Offline EagleEye

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2007, 03:31:32 AM »
I believe there is no "generic whiteness" and that whites are divided into various ethnic groups, Italians being one of them.

I'm done with this thread.

Offline nikmatdam

• Pro JTFer
  • one of my earliest rebbeim/rav nachman bulman zt"l
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2007, 04:18:00 AM »
they're not... they are mediteranean and descend from esav which makes them semitic... like us... in ny/nj jews and italians get along just fine... despite their being catholic which in the yefetian rest of europe has spelled disaster for our people... of course the romans and the vatican have done alot of damage to us in italy as well but for some reason we have kindred spirits despite all the anti-semitism emenating out from rome... nik. out...
"i am nikmatdam... humble and imperfect servant of Hashem... and i yearn for redemption but i absolutely ache for Divine justice and vengeance..."

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2007, 07:41:11 AM »
It seems like this forum is getting more and more racist. It's really bothering me. There are black Jews who are just as wonderful as any other Jew.  Who cares? There is too much focus on what color people are and it's disturbing to me.
Right on .
Not a foreign land we took and not with foreign possession but a land that belong to our ancestors that was occupied without a trial. And when we had the opportunity, we took our land back.
-Shimon Maccabee's answer to Antiochus VII Sidetes.

"When fighting monsters, be wary not to become one... When you gaze into the abyss, it also gazes into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2007, 08:53:49 AM »
You are so correct Ze'ev.  Think of all the new doors opening.  A nonwhite woman - I got it made in the shade!  8)

???

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2007, 10:56:29 AM »
My father's from Sicily, and though he doesn't look German or Scandinavian, he doesn't look anything other than white with a tan. I have fair skin and hair with blue eyes, so I pass for German/Irish, and when I had long hair I looked Scandinavian. I do have darker cousins and they look Mediterranean, but not Arab.. Israeli at best. Though some Sicilians can definitely pass for Arabs. My brother can pull it off with a beard and a tan :laugh:   

Erica

« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2007, 11:16:51 AM »

???
What's with the confusion, bullcat? Why do you act as if I knew you were Italian?

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2007, 11:32:29 AM »

???
What's with the confusion, bullcat? Why do you act as if I knew you were Italian?
Who said you should know anything about me?  What are you talking about?  See that face  ??? confusion.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2007, 11:46:53 AM »
« Last Edit: September 05, 2007, 11:48:50 AM by mord »
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Erica

« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2007, 04:01:37 PM »

???
Who said you should know anything about me?  What are you talking about?  See that face  ??? confusion.
WHen I mentioned it in the first place, you said something to the effect that, "WOW I didn't know I wasn't white.." as if I knew that you were Italian. No need to be nasty. I apologized already...I won't apologize again.

ftf

« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2007, 04:36:22 PM »
Come on, let's be honest, Italians are a sort of olive colour, Caucasions are sort of half way between peach and cream, those that we call black are really brown, I could go on, who freaking cares though?

Offline Nic Brookes

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2007, 04:38:10 PM »
Come on, let's be honest, Italians are a sort of olive colour, Caucasions are sort of half way between peach and cream, those that we call black are really brown, I could go on, who freaking cares though?

LOL although Yacov may not look kindly on this...

Erica

« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2007, 05:13:26 PM »
I don't see why its a big deal. I didn't post what I posted to make anyone mad. I just thought I knew what I was talking about and found out that I was mistaken..after all, I'm not white. Unfamiliar with the scientific terms to explain whites ,blacks ,purples and greens.

Bullcat, I've never seen you a day in my life so I wouldn't have known whether you were olive in color or white (let alone Italian).

Offline nikmatdam

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2007, 05:19:50 PM »
what brought this up...? nik.
"i am nikmatdam... humble and imperfect servant of Hashem... and i yearn for redemption but i absolutely ache for Divine justice and vengeance..."

ftf

« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2007, 06:42:52 PM »

Comments please.

There's your affirmative action genius.

First laugh all day, thanks Yacov.

Erica

« Reply #45 on: September 05, 2007, 08:14:30 PM »

Comments please.

There's your affirmative action genius.

Yacov, why are you always calling me Affirmative action? Second, I said that I was sorry and that I was mistaken. I knew this would happen. What do you want, blood?

Offline Jasmina

• Master JTFer
« Reply #46 on: September 05, 2007, 08:18:15 PM »
 ;D
The whole system works because everyone is not mentally ill on the same day!!!!

Offline nikmatdam

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #47 on: September 05, 2007, 08:27:16 PM »
shem are the semites... arabs and jews... those descendant from yitzchak and yishmael... but also the other sons of shem have to be thrown into the mix here... the babylonians for example... a good source is rabbi aryeh kaplan's living torah which shows archeaological data tracing the three sons of noach until today...

for example and this was taught to me by my rebbe rav bulman... yefet are the europeans from greek, spanish, german and french stock... persia and india are each an admixture of yefet and cham and chamites are all other africans and asians and the north and south american indians... italy and england are roman (i.e. semetic) with the exception in rome of the invading goths and in england of the celts and anglo-saxons... all of germanic stock...

however the gemora in megilah (12 i think) asks where amalek resides and the answer given is in germania shel edom... which would make germans part semetic as well... slavs as in serbia and russia and the other baltic states are also esavites intermingled with yefet... but see aryeh kaplan for further details...

color of skin breaks down for the most part as follows...

shem... olive and brown...

yefet... white or pale (light skinned)...

cham... black, red and yellow...

but as i've just told you there are exceptions and admixtures... and no one since the advent of sancherib and the assyrians (ashur) is of pure lineage any longer... that's over 2500 years ago already... and so there you go...

hope this helps... nik. out...

Offline EagleEye

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #48 on: September 05, 2007, 10:16:52 PM »
I said I was done, but I was addressed by an interesting comment, so I'll respond.

According to that, you can say that there were first whites and blacks in Africa but the whites didn't have a high survival rate so they only grew in large numbers when they left Africa. So if you believe in the "out of Africa" theory, there goes the myth of "Everybody was black, UMM HMM!". Whites did not evolve from blacks.
Maybe, maybe not.  There are North African Caucasoids who are native to Africa, and of Mediterranean decent.  I'm not talking about immigrants from Europe.

The South Africans, however, are Northern European.

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #49 on: September 06, 2007, 05:10:35 PM »
I find it really amazing that when Newman makes comments that are about 1000 times more ridiculous and racist than this, it gets virtually no response from any of you guys. But now that Erica has made a response like this, it's now become a 4 page thread.