Author Topic: To Those Of You who Type in Eboncs...  (Read 28361 times)

Erica

Re: To Those Of You who Type in Eboncs...
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2007, 07:18:11 AM »
Newman, or anyone else, you don't have a real reason for typing in Ebonics, do you? Its just to show that you can be just as ignorant as a black person with no idea of how to speak English. You've proven your point, now act like the REAL you.

No Erica.

It's to poke fun at bad people.(NOT YOU)

Like folks at Israel National Radio talk in funny arab accents sometimes.

There are no bad black people here. Why bring it here?

There are no muslims here but we still poke fun at them.
Answer my question...stop deflecting.

newman

« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2007, 07:20:38 AM »
Newman, or anyone else, you don't have a real reason for typing in Ebonics, do you? Its just to show that you can be just as ignorant as a black person with no idea of how to speak English. You've proven your point, now act like the REAL you.

No Erica.

YOU'RE accusing ME of deflecting?? That's the pot calling the kettle 'black'.

I did answer.

Erica

« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2007, 07:22:09 AM »

No Erica.

YOU'RE accusing ME of deflecting?? That's the pot calling the kettle 'black'.

I did answer.
I didn't ask you why you poke fun at muslims, dummy. I asked why you poke fun at blacks here when there are no evil blacks here? And since you're trying to be cute? Why poke fun at anyone who isn't here to defend themselves?

Offline genteelgentile

• Pro JTFer
  • Chaim Ben Pesach- Civil Rights Leader 4 The Ages
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2007, 07:54:35 AM »
...because it's fun!...  yo, don't be ignant..
I LOVE dogs because muslims do not!!!!  Have your dog kiss a muslim today!

newman

« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2007, 07:56:51 AM »
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline Nic Brookes

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2007, 10:44:24 AM »
LOL look at the thread title

What is "Eboncs"?

I duns be havin enough o dis thread, mmmhmm

Offline Johnson Brown

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2007, 10:50:11 AM »
Ok guys back off, you know Erica is not that bad.
I am defending my woman so ease up a little.

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2007, 11:52:32 AM »
Umm umm!  :(  Dis' here be impropa Ebonics!  Y'all gots ta say "because it be fun"!  Dis be a very important rule.

One does not deal with terrorists; one does not bargain with terrorists; one kills terrorists.
- Rabbi Meir Kahane ZT"L, HY"D

Erica

« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2007, 04:16:05 PM »
It isn't fun. Let me come in here mimicking you and your brethen's language. Yiddish or what have you.  Making fun of what YOU eat. I'd surely be booted out of this site. What's good for the goose isn't good for the gander here.

Erica

« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2007, 04:32:40 PM »
I'm a happily married woman, JB. Don't claim me to be ANYTHING to you that I'm not.

Offline Nic Brookes

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2007, 04:34:36 PM »
I'm a happily married woman, JB. Don't claim me to be ANYTHING to you that I'm not.

It must be said:

LOL

Erica

« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2007, 04:47:55 PM »

It must be said:

LOL
What must be said, Nic?

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
  • United We Stand, Dived We'll Fall.
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2007, 04:59:11 PM »

It must be said:

LOL
What must be said, Nic?

LOL ;) :laugh:
Jeremiah 8:11-17

11 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. Peace, peace, they say, when there is no peace.

12 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when they are punished, says the LORD.

13 'I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them.'

14 Why are we sitting here? Gather together! Let us flee to the fortified cities and perish there! For the LORD our God has doomed us to perish and given us poisoned water to drink, because we have sinned against him.

15 We hoped for peace but no good has come, for a time of healing but there was only terror.

16 The snorting of the enemy's horses is heard from Dan; at the neighing of their stallions the whole land trembles. They have come to devour the land and everything in it, the city and all who live there.

17 See, I will send venomous snakes among you, vipers that cannot be charmed, and they will bite you, declares the LORD.

Love your Enemy
And Heap Burning Coals on his Head!!!
http://net-burst.net/revenge/love_and_wrath_of_God.htm

Erica

« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2007, 04:59:54 PM »

It must be said:

LOL
What must be said, Nic?

Am I missing something?

Offline Johnson Brown

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2007, 05:02:55 PM »

It must be said:

LOL
What must be said, Nic?

Am I missing something?
Let them think what they want, I don't care let them talk about us, .

Erica

« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2007, 05:12:10 PM »

It must be said:

LOL
What must be said, Nic?

Am I missing something?
Let them think what they want, I don't care let them talk about us, .
You are childish and rude. I dont' belong to anyone but my husband, my god and myself. Take yourself out of the equasion. Evil racist idiots aren't my type.

Offline Nic Brookes

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2007, 05:23:34 PM »
hahahaha... you are taking JB faaaar too seriously... so aggressive!

Erica

« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2007, 05:27:41 PM »
hahahaha... you are taking JB faaaar too seriously... so aggressive!
First of all Nic, this is a public forum. Nowadays if someone comes into a site, see's my husband's picture and reads a response like JB's linking me with him (ew...), it makes me look like trash eventhough its not true. I come here representing everything my husband and I stand for,  then JB makes a mockery out of it...joke or not. Would you walk up to a woman you've never met before, despite whether she had a husband or signifcant other or not, and claim her to be yours?

Offline Nic Brookes

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2007, 05:31:42 PM »
As you said, this is a public forum. INTERNET.

but you don't understand that do you?

Erica

« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2007, 05:35:05 PM »

Yes, but apparently YOU don't understand it.  I didn't come here to be on some fake dating show where I 'get to be' hooked up with a racist idiot. What I'm saying is that JB has no respect for what I hold dear in my life. Not that he is at all interested in me for real, but he isn't respecting that part of me at all.

Offline Nic Brookes

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2007, 05:45:02 PM »
HAHAHAHAHAHA

taking a joke too seriously...

bless, overreacting, it's what blacks do best

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2007, 05:49:11 PM »
Why can't black people learn how to speak correctly, Erica?  There are people in my law school who practically speak in ebonics and you can barely even tell what they're saying.  Why can immigrants come to the U.S. and learn how to speak perfectly (like my Russian friend who moved here 10 years ago and speaks perfectly) but black people can't?
Why are you generalizing, once again? Its not as if NO black person speaks proper English.

Second, I've gone through this question before and I was called stupid for bringing the answer to the forefront. Ebonics is similar to slave speak. You heard it in Negro Spirituals, and some speeches. You also heard it from Southern Whites of yester-year. When Africans were 'brought' to America, the ony languages they knew of was from their own land. It would have sounded like Ebonics to anyone who wasn't from where they came from.

WHen they learned to speak broken English to communicate with their masters, they developed a new way of speaking. It wasn't good because it wasn't proper English...it wasn't bad, either because at least they could communicate a little. As for why ebonics is spoken so much now in the black community, I don't know for sure. But I'll offer that the ancestors from the South had something to do with the dumbing down of black society where language is concerned.People were told they couldn't go to school, so they didn't. People were told that they couldn't read, so they didn't. The cycle continues today. I hope to rid our public schools of ebonics..I can start with my class though.
Oh no  :o it's the slave speak negro spiritual thing again... ;D
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Erica

« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2007, 05:55:09 PM »
Why can't black people learn how to speak correctly, Erica?  There are people in my law school who practically speak in ebonics and you can barely even tell what they're saying.  Why can immigrants come to the U.S. and learn how to speak perfectly (like my Russian friend who moved here 10 years ago and speaks perfectly) but black people can't?
Why are you generalizing, once again? Its not as if NO black person speaks proper English.

Second, I've gone through this question before and I was called stupid for bringing the answer to the forefront. Ebonics is similar to slave speak. You heard it in Negro Spirituals, and some speeches. You also heard it from Southern Whites of yester-year. When Africans were 'brought' to America, the ony languages they knew of was from their own land. It would have sounded like Ebonics to anyone who wasn't from where they came from.

WHen they learned to speak broken English to communicate with their masters, they developed a new way of speaking. It wasn't good because it wasn't proper English...it wasn't bad, either because at least they could communicate a little. As for why ebonics is spoken so much now in the black community, I don't know for sure. But I'll offer that the ancestors from the South had something to do with the dumbing down of black society where language is concerned.People were told they couldn't go to school, so they didn't. People were told that they couldn't read, so they didn't. The cycle continues today. I hope to rid our public schools of ebonics..I can start with my class though.
Oh no  :o it's the slave speak negro spiritual thing again... ;D
ANd you still didn't read the entire post did you...once again. Let me highlight a few things for you....

Offline Johnson Brown

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #48 on: September 09, 2007, 06:22:21 PM »

Yes, but apparently YOU don't understand it.  I didn't come here to be on some fake dating show where I 'get to be' hooked up with a racist idiot. What I'm saying is that JB has no respect for what I hold dear in my life. Not that he is at all interested in me for real, but he isn't respecting that part of me at all.
Ok if that's how you feel we will have to break it off, it's over but we can always be just friends but someone once told me a man and a woman can never be just friends.

Erica

« Reply #49 on: September 09, 2007, 06:25:24 PM »

Ok if that's how you feel we will have to break it off, it's over but we can always be just friends but someone once told me a man and a woman can never be just friends.

I'll have no problem not being your friend... I'll live.