Author Topic: Ask JTF For September 23 Broadcast  (Read 10327 times)

Offline Lubab

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
Re: Ask JTF For September 23 Broadcast
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2007, 11:00:23 PM »
Shalom Uveracha,

I heard you mention a few shows ago that with all the shows you have been doing you haven't been able to focus properly on your campaign to get into Israel.

With respect, I think this is misguided. It would be well worthwhile to take a break of a couple of weeks from doing the shows to focus on that campaign. In the long run getting you into Israel will do far more for the cause than another couple of weeks of shows.

Please consider my suggestion seriously because, as you know, your Aliya campaign is a matter involving the fate of Jewish lives.
"It is not upon you to finish the work, nor are you free to desist from it." Rabbi Tarfon, Pirkei Avot.

kellymaureen

« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2007, 11:47:57 PM »
Dear Chaim,

This is my first question asked, though I have been enjoying the forum and especially the videos for some time now. :)

I have never been one to lump an entire group of people together, such as saying something like "ALL blacks steal" etc, however I DO feel this way about muslims.  I see one on the street and immediately do not trust that person,  not only do I not trust that person I feel a very strong dislike.  I have read the koran, twice in fact because I couldn't believe what I was reading the first time, I thought maybe I read it wrong, so I KNOW what is in there, and what is in the hadith and sura, and because of that, yes I indeed DO feel like any person following that book and teaching wants me dead, or at least to be a dhimmi.  I go out of my way not to patronized stores who employ muslims and especially ones owned by them, and make no apologies for feeling the way I do.  I do not consider myself a racist as we all know muslims are not a race, and I find white muslims particularly vile since they CHOSE islam having had the chance to discover what it REALLY is, unlike those born into it and brainwashed from birth.  Am I being irrational about this?

Sincerely.
Kelly

Offline imaknick

• Full JTFer
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2007, 04:59:39 PM »
Chaim,

last week I ask about kaparot and if its cruelty to chickens, it was just a question and not my belief. But, I still want to know if Kaparot and Tashlich is required for Jews?   

However, my question for this week is:  I am not a vegetarian and would never put animals over humans.  However, I am a conservationist, and believe we should protect animal populations from becoming extinct.  God created animals for a reason, and therefore it should be our responsibility to protect animals from extinction.  Humans should hunt for food, but keep in mind that if we hunt too much, it can devastate a  population as well as other animals that depend on that particular animal. So we as humans have to  be careful not to disrupt a food web that God so magnificently created.  Do you agree?

Offline SpongeBob

• New JTFer
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2007, 08:07:30 AM »
What is your feeling about the late ROY COHN?  Although his sexual perversions were reprehensible and eventually killed him, he was a staunch anti-Communist and lover of America and proclaimed himself to be Jew (when it suited his purposes) despite being a vicious individual when it served his needs.  He had no dealings with Israel but his prosecution of the Rosenberg/Greenglass conspiracy could have only been done by a Jew due to feelings that a gentile prosecutor would be antisemetic, hence, the Rosenbergs, thankfully, got what they deserved.  Did his positives outweigh his negatives?
« Last Edit: September 22, 2007, 10:03:18 PM by SpongeBob »

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2007, 01:21:19 AM »
In the Rav's book "Never Again" he said that it is not safe to live in America since vicious anti semitism comes both the far left and the far right of the political spectrum and at a time of crisis where people get desperate and angry is the perfect opportunity for it to flourish.  He then said that the far right is much more dangerous than the far left and eventually the far right is what will bring us destruction.  Do you agree with the Rav's assessment about the far right being worse than the far left or has times changed since then?
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"
-Rabbi Meir Kahane Zs'l HYD

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2007, 07:15:29 AM »
Shalom Chaim,

Hope your fast went well.

I think Iran's president being invited to the UN, which is on US soil, is to remind Jews that any government is capable of being an enemy of Jews.  It should definitely be a reminder to Israel that it needs to act independently (no briberies of government foreign aid) and not take orders from a government that would allow Iran's president on its soil.   

Do you know if Saddam Hussein was ever invited to the UN?  If not, then why would Iran's president be invited to do so?  This seems like hypocrisy. 

Since before WWII, Jews always wanted to feel more accepted by the elitists in the US.  The elitist colleges like Columbia, Harvard, Princeton and Yale set quotas to limit the percentage of Jews who were allowed to enroll, regardless of the academic qualifications of the Jewish applicants.  Many of the Jewish alums of these schools probably donate alumni contributions to them.  Now that Columbia has invited Iran's president to speak at its school, do you think Jews who have donated money to them in the past or who consider doing so in the future, will now re-contemplate the consequences of their actions and instead start donating to noble organizations (hopefully JTF would be one of them) as well as to Israel? 
« Last Edit: September 23, 2007, 07:35:31 AM by RationalThought110 »

Offline Shoshana

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2007, 11:18:42 AM »
Chaim,

What do you think of presidential hopeful Mitt Romney?

Thanks,
Shoshana

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2007, 12:24:16 PM »
What are your views on stem cell research?

Offline Ralph1

• Full JTFer
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2007, 02:08:40 PM »
How do you think one is supposed to react when insulted? For example, if someone makes an anti-semitic remark to a Jew or insults ones mother is it morally justified to assault that person? Do the consequences of legal action or getting beaten up and having your pride further insulted make it worth it?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2007, 02:16:34 PM by Ralph »

Offline decimos

• Senior JTFer
    • wowheed
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2007, 03:12:22 PM »
Dear Chaim

What do you think of J------ witnesses and those ppl in Israel trying to convert Jews and Ben Noah?{Noahides}.They sem ignorent of the facts and rude.How would you address these missionaires?

And that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams, shall be put to death; because he hath spoken perversion against the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, and redeemed thee out of the house of bondage, to draw thee aside out of the way which the LORD thy God commanded thee to walk in. So shalt thou put away the evil from the midst of thee.Deuteronomy 13:5.

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2007, 04:30:02 PM »
Hello Dear Chaim,

Hope all is well and that your Yom Kippur went very well.  I was wondering if there has been any positive feedback yet on the Aliyah campaign.  Perhaps you could close the show with a new affirmative action story.  Thanks for your time and effort as always.  All the best.

Ari