Author Topic: Hello. Father knew kahane  (Read 4879 times)

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
Hello. Father knew kahane
« on: October 17, 2006, 12:21:47 PM »
Hi from a U.S. male of russian decent.  My father introduced me to the Torah true Kahanist path of the greatest leader of our generation Harav Meir Kahane hy'd.  My father was in the JDL in the 1970's and had a karate school for a short time (early 70's).  He fought a lot of anti semites and he fought for soviet jury with the JDL (he lived in Russia so he knew what it was like over there).  On one fight he fell through a plate glass store front window severely injuring himself almost losing his leg (he is recovered now b'h).  Then he got married and moved on/ got a job etc.  He didn't know the Rav very closely like Mike or Chaim but he spoke to him a few times and was his bodyguard one time (probably more than once but he doesn't remember so well.  The only time he remembers specifically being the bodyguard was in 1985 when R' Kahane spoke at the Village in NY). 
« Last Edit: May 26, 2007, 11:42:10 PM by jdl4ever »
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"
-Rabbi Meir Kahane Zs'l HYD

Offline davkakach

• Pro JTFer
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2006, 03:04:49 PM »
Hi from a U.S. male of russian decent.  My father introduced me to the Torah true Kahanist path of the greatest leader of our generation Harav Meir Kahane hy'd.  My father was in the JDL in the 1970's and had a karate school for a short time.  He fought a lot of anti semites and he fought for soviet jury with the JDL (he lived in Russia so he knew what it was like over there).  On one fight he fell through a plate glass store front window severely injuring himself almost losing his leg (he is recovered now b'h).  Then he got married and moved on/ got a job etc.  He didn't know the Rav very closely like Mike or Chaim but he spoke to him a few times and was his bodyguard one time. 
How lucky of him!  It was a privilege to know Rav Kahane HY"D in person.
I wish I was that lucky.
Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil.   --Thomas Mann

Offline MarZutra

• Ultimate JTFer
    • BLOODBATH OF THE LEFT
Re: Hello. Father knew kahane
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2006, 08:01:45 AM »
Shalom, Kol hakovod to your father.  I have a friend, now living in Jersalem, who was also a body guard for Meir Kahane.  That must have been one heck of an experience.  It is such a shame that the knowledgable Rabbi's do not stand out like Rav Kahane in opposition to the "Jewish" Establishment.  In any event, zei gezunt une shtark....
"‘Vehorashtem/Numbers 33:53’: When you burn out the Land’s inhabitants, you will merit to bestow upon your children the Land as an inheritance. If you do not burn them out, then even if you conquer the Land, you will not merit to allot it to your children as an inheritance." - Ovadiah ben Yacov Sforno; Italian Rabbi, Biblical Commentator, Philosopher and Physician.  1475-1550.