Author Topic: KFC and watermelon...  (Read 32736 times)

Erica

KFC and watermelon...
« on: September 15, 2007, 06:28:54 AM »
What is this fixation with blacks and KFC?

WHY, and I want real answers please...is it that everytime someone mentions watermelon here, some idiot must say "ummmm hmmm"?

You DO know that blacks eat more foods than just fried chicken and watermelon, right?

I know "Oh, its only a joke, a stereotype...ha ha! funny! :D" but what you don't know is that this is one of the reasons why blacks don't like eating around white people. They're afraid that you're going to point them out and start mimicing them.

I looked up gefilte fish..big deal.. no stereotype there at all. No JEws looking longingly at a jar or anything. But nothing else but Jewish stereotypes that involve Jews looking evil. I wasn't interested in that at all.

WHY can't you just leave blacks alone with the stereotypes...you AND the kkk.

newman

Re: KFC and watermelon...
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2007, 06:32:39 AM »
You people are too touchy.

Everybody gets stereotyped..........blacks, English, scotts, Aussies and Jews. Nobody EXCEPT whining blacks ever complain.

Erica

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2007, 06:38:01 AM »
You people are too touchy.

Everybody gets stereotyped..........blacks, English, scotts, Aussies and Jews. Nobody EXCEPT whining blacks ever complain.
Newman, since you're not a black person, you don't seem to understand what that reference does to black people. I LOVE fried chicken and watermelon. I ate two slices of it yesterday. I have no problem with the food itself, its just people like you who demonize it as though only BLACKS eat it when everyone who can grow the fruit in their back yards or raise chickens dont' eat it.

I don't think we're too touchy about the subject but we are the only race with negative pictures that coinside with the stereotype. All YOU have is a jar of gefilte fish. No Wide-eyed Jewish old couple standing over it. I've heard the Chinese being called rice heads because they eat a lot of rice...but there is something incredibly insulting about altering pictures of black people to make it look as if they'd kill for what they're gauking at.

newman

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2007, 06:39:37 AM »
Now you dun gimme a KFC craving, woman! Now I gots to drive to da sto! mmmm hmmm.

Ah bees right back, sho' nuff.

Erica

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2007, 06:41:13 AM »
Now you dun gimme a KFC craving, woman! Now I gots to drive to da sto! mmmm hmmm.

Ah bees right back, sho' nuff.
I'm not going to say anything mean. I'm just going to walk away. Just when I expect you to actually act like an adult, you put on the dunce hat and start to act like an animal.

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2007, 06:59:50 AM »
I wouldn't mind seeing a picture of a bunch of Jewish people gazing in a trance at a jar of gefilte fish or some matzo ball soup.  I think it's all in good humor.  But of course it would be stupid to do that because that's not how Jewish people behave.  Blacks on the other hand, do show general traits for eating certain types of food that can't be ignored, and many of them have addictions to this type of food.  Like with McDonalds, you can't deny that there are black people who are addicted to the stuff and who get an intense glaze over their eyes when looking at the food.  There was a really fat black woman in one of my classes who always ate SOMETHING when she came to class and I swear I saw that look many times when she was staring at her burger or sandwich or whatever.

I know that Jews like to eat deli sandwiches, I wouldn't have a problem seeing a picture of some Jews looking entranced by a pastrami on rye or something, I think it would be funny. 

As with anything that's funny, there's always a grain of truth involved.
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

newman

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2007, 07:37:01 AM »
A sense of humour requires intelligence and the ability to understand something abstract.....................so you see the problem here.

BTW:

Just got back from KFC...................MMMM HMMM, lovin' it!!

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2007, 07:38:47 AM »
A sense of humour requires intelligence and the ability to understand something abstract.....................so you see the problem here.

BTW:

Haha, you really went there?  I bet Erica is salivating in jealousy.   ;) 
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

Offline EagleEye

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2007, 09:17:10 AM »
Races create their own stereotypes, while it is true they don't apply perfectly to every member, as a whole, they exist.

newman

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2007, 10:21:35 AM »

BTW:

Yeah, but I don't have any watermelon or cornbread to go with it. :'(

Offline Nic Brookes

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2007, 12:19:22 PM »
I LOVE fried chicken and watermelon.

proof if ever we needed it that Erica is a stereotypical schvarza, mmm hmm

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2007, 01:01:05 PM »

BTW:

How are you the CEO of NewCat Enterprises?
I'm ashamed of it...ashamed of it.
Had you brought your dual purpose bowling bag to KFC and flashed it...you would have gotten watermelon from the secret stash.  ;)
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

newman

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2007, 01:31:05 PM »

BTW:

Had you brought your dual purpose bowling bag to KFC and flashed it...you would have gotten watermelon from the secret stash.  ;)

Lemme see, Bullcat.

We got JB's Authentic, Mississippi Settin' logs. We need another novelty to flog to the dumb, rich liberals.......mmmmmm?

I GOT IT!!!!

Watermelon Bustin' rocks!........You know the big rocks them ol' Rastus types bust melons open against?........The dingbats of Manhattan, Westchester & Hollywood will love 'em!

Joe Schmo

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2007, 02:20:15 PM »
Just as Newman said, jokes are made about ALL ethnic groups.

Blacks are indeed too touchy.  This is a large party of the reason why they constantly complain and blame others.

Joe Schmo

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2007, 02:23:01 PM »
KFC was wonderful when the colonel was still alive.

newman

« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2007, 02:33:18 PM »
I LOVE fried chicken and watermelon.

I never even knew watermelon was a stereotype until recently when I read it on the forum.

My word it is:

newman

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2007, 02:36:58 PM »

Blacks are indeed too touchy.  This is a large party of the reason why they constantly complain and blame others.

What about Irish, Scottish, Jewish, Italian, Polish & Aussie stereotypes?

Or the white southern male stereotype? When was the last time you saw a portrayal of a white southerner who wasn't an inbred, drunken idiot?

You ever hear ANY of the above groups complain?

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2007, 02:42:07 PM »

BTW:

Lemme see, Bullcat.

We got JB's Authentic, Mississippi Settin' logs. We need another novelty to flog to the dumb, rich liberals.......mmmmmm?

I GOT IT!!!!

Watermelon Bustin' rocks!........You know the big rocks them ol' Rastus types bust melons open against?........The dingbats of Manhattan, Westchester & Hollywood will love 'em!

When we really get off the ground I can be the BullCat Martha Stewart - of our industry.
I will teach our targeted customers things like how to recycle old pantyhose.
For example - Do you have old pantyhose?  Do they have runs?  No problems. Recycle and save the environment.  Just cut the legs off one pair. Place leg over the hair at night to prevent lint and messes in the wonderful black hairstyles .  For a second use - during the day it can be pulled down over the face to wear as a disguise in commision of a crimes.  Maybe we can get a celebrity endorsement.  ;)

Joe Schmo

« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2007, 02:47:48 PM »

Or the white southern male stereotype? When was the last time you saw a portrayal of a white southerner who wasn't an inbred, drunken idiot?

How about TV commercials where the white man is portrayed as a dumb, incompetent boob, while women (often black) are portrayed as perfect individuals.

newman

« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2007, 02:48:51 PM »

When we really get off the ground I can be the BullCat Martha Stewart - of our industry.
For example - Do you have old pantyhose?  Do they have runs?  No problems. Recycle and save the environment.  Just cut the legs off one pair. Place leg over the hair at night to prevent lint and messes in the wonderful black hairstyles .  For a second use - during the day it can be pulled down over the face to wear as a disguise in commision of a crimes.  Maybe we can get a celebrity endorsement.  ;)

.........Or maybe tips like which stores will take food stamps for booze & cigarettes.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2007, 02:49:21 PM »

BTW:

Lemme see, Bullcat.

I GOT IT!!!!

When members of my family wanted to go on to further education- many years ago- they had to change the spelling of their last name.  They knew they didn't have a shot with an Italian surname.  They faced prejudice and stereotypes head on.
The problem is not that black people are stereotyped - that's a fact of life - the problem is that they don't move past it.  They don't prove the stereotype wrong.  They in fact by their actions perpetuate them.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2007, 02:50:45 PM »

.........Or maybe tips like which stores will take food stamps for booze & cigarettes.

Indeed!

newman

« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2007, 02:55:20 PM »

How about TV commercials where the white man is portrayed as a dumb, incompetent boob, while women (often black) are portrayed as perfect individuals.
Every commercial here is like that. White men are ALL portrayed as stupid, insensitive, ignorant morons fixated on nothing but football and beer but their wives are portrayed as the only ones with brains.

newman

« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2007, 03:05:34 PM »
But those are beer commercials directed at men buying beer so they go along with it.

No. They're ads for just about everything. Yet if a female is portrayed as a giggling bikini girl, the feminazis are up in arms.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2007, 03:07:27 PM »

Every commercial here is like that. White men are ALL portrayed as stupid, insensitive, ignorant morons fixated on nothing but football and beer but their wives are portrayed as the only ones with brains.
That's funny I never thought about it but you are right.