Author Topic: Are Leftist Jews finally waking up to Obamas hate of Israel/Jews?  (Read 1615 times)

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
I asked this after Obama told Israel to go back to its pre-1967 borders.... and not much changed. Leftist Jews still supported Obama.

but now.... with this unbelievably evil UN legislation that was passed... its almost impossible to see this as anything else other than hatred towards Jews and Israel.

http://www.breitbart.com/jerusalem/2016/12/23/jewish-group-profoundly-disturbed-by-u-s-abstention-from-anti-israel-vote-at-un/

Jewish groups have come out against the Obama administration’s decision to vote against Israel on Friday by deciding to abstain from voting on a United Nations Security Council resolution calling for a halt to Israeli construction in the West Bank and eastern Jerusalem.
The American Jewish Committee said it is “profoundly disturbed” by America’s decision to abstain.

AJC ✔ @AJCGlobal
AJC is profoundly disturbed by U.S. decision to break long-standing policy and abstain on today’s anti-Israel #UNSC vote.
11:21 AM - 23 Dec 2016
  95 95 Retweets   98 98 likes
The Anti-Defamation League also condemned the “passing of the biased UNSC resolution against Israel,” and expressed deep disappointment over the Obama administration’s decision.

ADL ✔ @ADL_National
We condemn the passing of the biased #UNSC resolution against #Israel and deeply disappointed by the U.S. abstention.
11:28 AM - 23 Dec 2016
  228 228 Retweets   249 249 likes
Fourteen member states voted in favor of the resolution; none voted against it, and the United States abstained.

Follow
 ZOA National ✔ @ZOA_National
ZOA Urges Veto of Disgraceful Anti-Israel UN Resolution on Jewish Communities. http://bit.ly/2hxF7Ka
12:22 AM - 23 Dec 2016
  4 4 Retweets   4 4 likes
Rabbi Marvin Hier, Founder and Dean of the Simon Wiesenthal Center and Rabbi Abraham Cooper, the Center’s Associate Dean, issued a joint statement against the resolution’s passage:

Today’s abstention by the United States at the UN Security Council’s anti-Israel resolution will only make a negotiated peace in the Middle East much more difficult to achieve. Given the continued explosion of terrorist assaults around the world, the UN resolution should have demanded the end of Hamas’ presence as a prerequisite for a two-state solution.

We appreciate the efforts of President-elect Trump to convince President Obama to veto the resolution and look forward to his immediately moving the US embassy to Jerusalem.

StandWithUs CEO Roz Rothstein wrote, “[w]hile both sides in this conflict are subject to criticism, placing most of the blame on Israel while shielding Palestinian leaders from accountability is not a path to peace or justice for either side.”

Roz Rothstein @RozRothstein
SWU Condemns UNSC one sided vote and deeply disappointed with US abstention.. Terrible. http://www.standwithus.com/news/article.asp?id=5071
1:38 PM - 23 Dec 2016
  32 32 Retweets   54 54 likes
StandWithUs noted that the resolution “failed to hold Hamas or the Palestinian Authority (PA) explicitly accountable for these destructive activities” or terrorism and incitement to violence.

Jewish Democrats and supporters of President Barack Obama, also condemned the vote:

Chuck Schumer ✔ @SenSchumer
Extremely frustrating, disappointing & confounding that the Administration has failed to veto the UN resolution.
12:59 PM - 23 Dec 2016
  468 468 Retweets   747 747 likes

Senator Ben Cardin ✔ @SenatorCardin
Greatly disappointed at @USUN abstention. This rushed resolution was 1-sided & does nothing to further peace & security of 2-state solution
2:25 PM - 23 Dec 2016
  8 8 Retweets   26 26 likes

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Are Leftist Jews finally waking up to Obamas hate of Israel/Jews?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2016, 05:14:16 AM »
IT won't even change the opinion of most Israelis. In my leftist Family American pressure on Israel is perceived as good! Anything that forces the hateful Netanyahu government into "peace", anything that screws the "psycho" settlers, is perceived as good! The American Jews are liberal first and only jewish for the jokes and because it allows them to preach about how we must look after minorities because we have gone through the holocaust.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2016, 01:21:02 PM »
IT won't even change the opinion of most Israelis. In my leftist Family American pressure on Israel is perceived as good! Anything that forces the hateful Netanyahu government into "peace", anything that screws the "psycho" settlers, is perceived as good! The American Jews are liberal first and only jewish for the jokes and because it allows them to preach about how we must look after minorities because we have gone through the holocaust.

Last night, I had dinner with my mother and two of my sisters.  My oldest sister is a liberal Democrat.  My younger sister is less political but still liberal.  Their response to this was that perhaps the "settlers" could be rather aggressive.  And that the whole thing with Israel and fakestinians is not a black and white issue.

So no it won't change the minds of liberal Jews. 

Also Zelhar, does you family know that you post on this forum?  If so, how do they feel about it?  Do they know about Chaim and JTF?

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2016, 05:24:45 PM »
They know my opinions. I don't think they know where or what I posted, not that it's a secrete. I don't bother arguing with people who won't be persuaded no matter what. The only thing I still say especially to my mom if she complaints about, for example about rocket attacks from Gaza, I would say look you made the choice to abandon Gaza to the Hamas, didn't kept the border between Sinai and the Gaza strip under your control so they could smuggle arms on a massive scale. Your choices have consequences.
Last night, I had dinner with my mother and two of my sisters.  My oldest sister is a liberal Democrat.  My younger sister is less political but still liberal.  Their response to this was that perhaps the "settlers" could be rather aggressive.  And that the whole thing with Israel and fakestinians is not a black and white issue.

So no it won't change the minds of liberal Jews. 

Also Zelhar, does you family know that you post on this forum?  If so, how do they feel about it?  Do they know about Chaim and JTF?

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2016, 04:24:59 AM »

I think you hit the nail on the head regarding leftist israeli nut jobs but when all these major mainstream Jewish orgs of the left like adl, deform union, etc and dem senators are condemning this there is a sizable subsection of American Jews on the left who will think twice about this.  The j street crowd is a small subsection. They are akin to an israeli who wants American pressure.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2016, 04:38:26 PM »
I think you hit the nail on the head regarding leftist israeli nut jobs but when all these major mainstream Jewish orgs of the left like adl, deform union, etc and dem senators are condemning this there is a sizable subsection of American Jews on the left who will think twice about this.  The j street crowd is a small subsection. They are akin to an israeli who wants American pressure.

Yes, I was shocked that the ADL actually condemned Obama's move.  I was expecting them to applaud the resolution.  I still hate the ADL with a passion... I think they are traitors and have hurt the Jews tremendously, but this was unexpected.