Author Topic: What do The Maoris of New Zealand eat?  (Read 2663 times)

admin

What do The Maoris of New Zealand eat?
« on: September 18, 2007, 12:40:18 AM »
Is there also a stereotype there?

newman

Re: What do The Maoris of New Zealand eat?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2007, 01:02:24 AM »
Traditional food is hungi.....pork and native sweet potato cooked over hot rocks buried under ground.

Modern maoris probably eat KFC & Mc Donalds. Hungi food is still popular at events and celebrations.

PS: Between all this pork, plus the grubs & reptiles of the aborigines, I don't think any Jew will have much luck with the 'traditional' native foods in this part of the world. ;)

Offline AussieJTFer

• Pro JTFer
    • AussieJTFer's Youtube Channel
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2007, 05:32:08 AM »
lol @ KFC and McDonalds.
To be fair to the aboriginals those grubs are the only edible things in the desert, they've lasted 50,000 years on grubs!

newman

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2007, 05:53:25 AM »
lol @ KFC and McDonalds.
To be fair to the aboriginals those grubs are the only edible things in the desert, they've lasted 50,000 years on grubs!
The snakes & lizards are edible, and I'd sooner eat them than widgety grubs.

newman

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2007, 05:58:46 AM »
How is a maori unfaithful to his wife?

He bashes another woman behind her back.

Offline AussieJTFer

• Pro JTFer
    • AussieJTFer's Youtube Channel
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2007, 07:20:21 AM »
lol!!

"That's not nicee you have to respect them" - whiny liberal Jew.

newman

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2007, 09:16:37 PM »
Traditional food is hungi.....pork and native sweet potato cooked over hot rocks buried under ground.

Modern maoris probably eat KFC & Mc Donalds. Hungi food is still popular at events and celebrations.

PS: Between all this pork, plus the grubs & reptiles of the aborigines, I don't think any Jew will have much luck with the 'traditional' native foods in this part of the world. ;)

Do you eat pork?

Some Noahides only eat kosher meat so they know it was not cut off of a live animal. Jimmy eats kosher meat.

Brisbane doesn't have the largest orthodox community, so kosher meat is not that easy to come by.

Our food handling/ slaughtering practices are quite strict in Australia, so the chances of our meat comming from a living animal are next to nothing.

I eat as much pork as I can in this life as there'll be none available in the next. ;)

newman

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2007, 09:24:42 PM »
Chaim gave advice on a show to The Righteous Gentiles that they shouldn't eat pork because it's not healthy. It's the least healthy out of all meat.

My grandfather ate pork at least for times a week his whole life. He also ate lots of eggs, and dipped bread into fat dripping. He ate every type of fat and sweet there was. He died at 92 from a sudden cancer that wasn't diet related. Up until 4 wks before his death he was as healthy and sprightly as a man half his age.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2007, 09:26:21 PM by newman »

Kiwi

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2007, 09:56:42 PM »

LOL Newman where did they get Pigs from, when New Zealand has no Native Mammals;)
First it was.........
It was fish, shell fish and birds ( kiwi and Moa at the time), and of course back then human, yams, kurma, green bananas.  :laugh:

And trying buying a pig in New Zealand now, thats one of the most exspensive meats there is.

Hungis are now few and far between, but the main Pa's have kitchens.

BBQing is still high on the list tho.

Kiwi

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2007, 09:58:52 PM »

Question Newman How many full blooded Maoris do you know? In New Zealand living tribal?

newman

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2007, 10:04:55 PM »

Question Newman How many full blooded Maoris do you know? In New Zealand living tribal?

My brother lived in Aukland for sevan years. He reckons 'Once were warriors' was right on the money.

Kiwi

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2007, 10:13:46 PM »
In Auckland ........oh god ok.

I wont start with the Auckland jokes, I will be good.