Author Topic: For Newman: What stereotypes are there about Aborigines and food?  (Read 6850 times)

newman

Re: For Newman: What stereotypes are there about Aborigines and food?
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2007, 12:29:24 AM »
Do they eat kangaroos? Are there any other people in The World that eat kangaroos?

They do eat roos but as the 'roo is found only here, they're the only ones. Some resteraunts serve it along with crocodile , but it's low vollume.

Offline AussieJTFer

• Pro JTFer
    • AussieJTFer's Youtube Channel
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2007, 01:11:04 AM »
Whites eat kangaroos aswell, as newman said it's served at restaurants.

newman

« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2007, 01:20:17 AM »
Would you eat kangaroos, Newman?

I wouldn't shoot one, plus like most feral game, they're full of worms. Clean resteraunt grade is OK. 'roo meat is very lean and said to be healthier than even lean beef. The yield on roos is better, too. About 25% live weight of a cow is lean meat. A roo has 40%. Why we don't farm them, I don't know. I may eat it, but I had some pet ones as a boy so I wouldn't really like too.

newman

« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2007, 01:28:59 AM »
So you've never eaten it?

Jews can eat buffaloes which are healthier than beef.

A 'roo chews the cud but has no hooves. I think the kosher rules are based on the animals sense of death. Pigs are like dogs & cats in that they sense death and panic. Not like lasmbs or cows that you can slaughter quietly. I think 'roos sense death, too. Not domestic enough.

Joe Schmo

« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2007, 01:32:35 AM »
A 'roo chews the cud but has no hooves. I think the kosher rules are based on the animals sense of death. Pigs are like dogs & cats in that they sense death and panic. Not like lasmbs or cows that you can slaughter quietly. I think 'roos sense death, too. Not domestic enough.

Fascinating.

newman

« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2007, 01:35:07 AM »
So you have you ever eaten a kangaroo?

No. We used to buy it for the dogs and to feed the kookaburras but my mother never let me eat it because it was full of worms (supposedly).

Offline AussieJTFer

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2007, 01:42:15 AM »
a large bird, a bit like a kingfisher but bigger.

newman

« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2007, 01:44:33 AM »
What are kookaburras?

The famous 'Laughing' Kookaburra. It's call goes on for 2 minutes or more and sounds like a schvartza cackling hysterically at a funny movie. They get tame enough to eat from your hand after a week or so of feeding.

newman

« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2007, 01:56:04 AM »
They must be an Australian thing like Rainbow Lorikeets.

Yes. The Lorikeets on my mother's property would descend on you if you walked outside with sugar in your hand. I've had over 30 of the things on me at once!

The Australian magpie is unique, too. Not at all like the English bird of the same name. Our animals are unique and found nowhere else.

They say G_d did his abstract designs down here.

newman

« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2007, 02:01:44 AM »
The other bird looks nicer than the lorikeet.

The lorikeet is just one of the innumerable perrots we have.

The kookaburra is a kingfisher but I rarely see them 'fish'. They actually kill & eat poisonous snakes. They catch them and bash the snakes head against the ground or a tree 'til it's dead, then eat it.

Joe Schmo

« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2007, 02:03:38 AM »
The kookaburra is a kingfisher but I rarely see them 'fish'. They actually kill & eat poisonous snakes. They catch them and bash the snakes head against the ground or a tree 'til it's dead, then eat it.

Right on.  That's bad-arse.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 02:07:52 AM by Scriabin »

newman

« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2007, 02:07:02 AM »
Why don't you start a thread about Australian animals in Appreciation For Creation?

I think I will.

Offline AussieJTFer

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2007, 02:52:43 AM »
The Tanach Zoo in Jerusalem has an entire section on Australian fauna. It was weird seeing kangaroos in Israel.

newman

« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2007, 02:56:27 AM »
The Tanach Zoo in Jerusalem has an entire section on Australian fauna. It was weird seeing kangaroos in Israel.

Did you hear Chaims answer to my question this week. He's going to bring pigs into EY to annoy the arabs. I'd love to send a few hundred 500lb feral boers to turn loose in Nablus.

Offline AussieJTFer

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2007, 05:42:27 AM »
Did you hear Chaims answer to my question this week. He's going to bring pigs into EY to annoy the arabs. I'd love to send a few hundred 500lb feral boers to turn loose in Nablus.

It is a great idea, and Israel today should be fighting the arab monkeys with pig lard dipped bullets and dropping bombs laced with pig content on them. Any arab terrorist caught should be placed in a vat of pig lard before he is killed. All mosques polluting Israel should also be cleansed with pig offal and excrement.

newman

« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2007, 05:50:49 AM »

It is a great idea, and Israel today should be fighting the arab monkeys with pig lard dipped bullets and dropping bombs laced with pig content on them. Any arab terrorist caught should be placed in a vat of pig lard before he is killed. All mosques polluting Israel should also be cleansed with pig offal and excrement.
every bomb, missile & bullet should contain freeze dried pigs blood. we need to find the currency that will work with these animals.