Author Topic: “DC’s Legends of Tomorrow” adds Muslim superhero named “ISIS”  (Read 2056 times)

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: “DC’s Legends of Tomorrow” adds Muslim superhero named “ISIS”
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2017, 03:48:18 PM »
TV is  a great danger. Everything evil comes in the home, even advertising for murderers.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2017, 03:28:49 PM »
I know of the superhero Isis.  Back in the 1970's there was a Saturday morning show called "Isis".  I used to watch it every week.  It was very good and a "sister" show to the show "Shazam" which is the show based on the Capatan Marvel show.  What I remember of the show, it had no reference to Islam or pushed any religion on anyone in the series.  There was a short lived comic book series based on the TV show.  I don't know if the comic book is currently being printed.  If any of you are curious of what I'm talking about, the Isis TV show does have episodes on You Tube.  The charater is based on the Egyptian goddess.  That's it. 

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2017, 08:51:39 AM »
Joe, here's some of the text from the article:

“If the superhero’s name was KKK, nothing to do with the Ku Klux Klan, of course, you can be sure they would change it.”

“Nothing to do with the terrorist group ISIS,” of course, just as we are constantly told that jihad terror has nothing to do with Islam. It’s just a marvelous coincidence: “the superhero existed for years as a woman who draws power from an Egyptian amulet.”

With the timing and ISIS mass-murdering millions, they couldn't have made some different character? They had to have a Muslim one named Isis? Doesn't matter where it came from. It's despicable and promotes and normalizes Islam. It's just so typical of the left.

If they had a German character with a little mustache named Hitler in the early 1900s way before WW2 that had nothing to do with with the real Hitler and they brought THAT character back, it would be exactly the same thing.
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline TruthSpreader

• Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2017, 09:11:05 AM »
Disgusting.
Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2017, 11:43:28 AM »

With the timing and ISIS mass-murdering millions, they couldn't have made some different character? They had to have a Muslim one named Isis? Doesn't matter where it came from. It's despicable and promotes and normalizes Islam. It's just so typical of the left.

If they had a German character with a little mustache named Hitler in the early 1900s way before WW2 that had nothing to do with with the real Hitler and they brought THAT character back, it would be exactly the same thing.
I am surprised that the Muslim groups aren't up in arms about this.

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2017, 04:18:23 PM »

I didn't read the article before I made my post.  I just remember watching the TV show as a kid and I know that it never pushed the Muslim agenda at the time(in the mid 1970's).  So, to be honest with you, I was a big fan of the TV show.  I'm still a fan of the show.  But because of what's happening now, the show and the charater has been picked on alot since then.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2017, 06:26:55 PM »
I am surprised that the Muslim groups aren't up in arms about this.

I needed that laugh, thanks.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2017, 05:59:43 PM »
Is now the time to resurrect a character named ISIS?  Really.
Liberal media dumbing down our people.  Especially, the young.
Wrap an evil ideology in a super hero.

Thank goodness...Marvel and DC comics are taking a hit from their pandering to the SJW community.
Changing existing 'superhero's' sexuality, sex or ethnicity is not going over big.

The new Spiderman: Homecoming was so politically correct and included some revisionist history. 
Like suggesting slave labor built the entire Washington Monument.
Makes me want to never go to a Marvel movie again.  Why be annoyed?

And remember...protesting is patriotic. ::)  Another pandering SJW line from the movie.

Sometimes cute too.
If I were Trump. I would order my own Trump 'year of the rooster' chicken and put it on the White House lawn.  But only if it is made in America.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 02:28:46 PM by Poppy »
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.