Author Topic: Imus lawsuit dropped  (Read 3022 times)

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
Imus lawsuit dropped
« on: September 13, 2007, 09:42:08 PM »
Thank God!!  The Nappy-headed ho who sued Imus last month has dropped her lawsuit.  I think that the reason is that the reason she dropped her lawsuit was because she thought that the whole team plus the coach was going to join the suit against Imus.  When that didn't happened, she dropped it.

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
Re: Imus lawsuit dropped
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2007, 09:51:13 PM »
I think the whole reason that she dropped the lawsuit is because she thought, wait a minute, why am I suing this person again?  Oh yeah, because he called me a nappy-headed ho...    Ummm, nevermind.
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

Offline Barach Velvel ben Lazer Eliazer

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2007, 02:32:36 AM »
This whole sham was orchestrated by that New Yorker Nazi Al Sharpton. That loud mouth scared all the white media people at WCBS and WNBC to drop his show, because they feared for their lives, fearing that Al Sharpton would send his batallion of baboons after them.

Don Imus' comment was very funny and I really don't see how else you could refer to a bunch of idiots playing a sport in a college they got into based on being black, and are only going to get through college by playing this sport. Sports is really one of the reasons why we have so many stupid people plaguing America, and actually quite a few of them are white.

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2007, 07:09:42 PM »
I'm just glad that this phony lawsuit has been writhdrawn.

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2007, 07:24:23 PM »
Does anyone have an idea when Imus will be back on the air?

newman

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2007, 07:35:52 PM »
Can I sue somebody for calling me a "loud-mouthed, opinionated, right-wing, intollerent SOB"?

Because if so, I'm gonna be the richest bloke in Australia.

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2007, 08:03:28 PM »
How are you doing, Newman?

newman

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2007, 08:06:15 PM »
How are you doing, Newman?
Dead average, Jo.

Yourself?

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2007, 08:18:21 PM »
Does anyone have an idea when Imus will be back on the air?

Why do you like him so much?

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2007, 09:51:47 PM »
I just like listen to him in the mornings.  He brightens my day.

Offline JewishTeddyBear

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2007, 03:13:00 AM »
I think Don Imus should sue those nappy headed hoes for causing him to lose his job over nothing.

Erica

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2007, 01:15:06 PM »
I think Don Imus should sue those nappy headed hoes for causing him to lose his job over nothing.
I'm going to post  pictures which I'll probably get bashed for here because I think that the distinction between a nappy head and one that ISN'T nappy has been overlooked.

When I first heard about Imus' comments about the Rutgers basketball team, I was offended to the n'th degree. I was disgusted at the thought that this rather 'wire-haired' white man had the NERVE to make fun of black girl's hairstyle... and then, to call them 'ho's', which means a woman who sleeps around for money. So what I took from it was that Imus isn't a racist, he's sexist because for a man to call a woman or a group of women whores without knowledge that they are whores is really low and quite unmanly. He isn't a racist because he used the word nappy headed..he's ignorant for not knowing the difference between nappy hair and relaxed hair. So here are my pictures to show you a couple of examples.

This is me at 23 with relaxed hair....

And this is a closer view of my naps...

This is me just last week after I'd gone natural...or (nappy) Naps are tightly coiled curls that gather at the scalp. There is nothing bad about that.

And this is just for Imus...because this style is similar to what some of the players were wearing when he called them out...

BRAIDS aren't naps...they're braids.

Any questions?

« Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 01:17:26 PM by Erica »

Offline JewishTeddyBear

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2007, 01:36:15 PM »
Erica, thanks for your pictures.  :)

Personally, I think it is ridiculous for any Black person to be offended over Don Imus's nappy-haired hoe remark.  Erica is giving him wayyyyy too much credit by calling him a sexist.  For him to a a sexist, he has to have a working brain.  But I seriously doubt that Don Imus really thinks that hard about anything.  He is a nothing, a nobody, who just repeated a phrase he had undoubtedly heard from some rap hip hop song. 

Meanwhile, the guy is out of a job for exercising his freedom of speech.  Even dumb people should be allowed to make a living.

Erica

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2007, 01:39:42 PM »
Erica, thanks for your pictures.  :)

Personally, I think it is ridiculous for any Black person to be offended over Don Imus's nappy-haired hoe remark.  Erica is giving him wayyyyy too much credit by calling him a sexist.  For him to a a sexist, he has to have a working brain.  But I seriously doubt that Don Imus really thinks that hard about anything.  He is a nothing, a nobody, who just repeated a phrase he had undoubtedly heard from some rap hip hop song. 

Meanwhile, the guy is out of a job for exercising his freedom of speech.  Even dumb people should be allowed to make a living.
He can always get onto public access, or get a 'regular' radio show. There are still people out there who LOVE what he has to say. I mean, Rush Limbaugh is still doing his show and he's said some rather dumb things in the  past also.

Offline JewishTeddyBear

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2007, 01:43:54 PM »
I never listened to Don Imus, but from what I have heard about him before that incident, he struck me as a brainless version of Howard Stern.  I have no interest in listening to him.

Yet I do place great value on the freedom of speech.  All this political correctness garbage, where people lose their jobs for saying things that radical leftist liberals do not like, is nothing less than totalitarian oppression.  This is America, not North Korea.

I like Rush Limbaugh a lot, but do not listen to him because he is on at the same time as Dennis Prager, who is my 1st or 2nd favorite radio talk show host.

Erica

« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2007, 05:38:22 PM »
I never listened to Don Imus, but from what I have heard about him before that incident, he struck me as a brainless version of Howard Stern.  I have no interest in listening to him.

Yet I do place great value on the freedom of speech.  All this political correctness garbage, where people lose their jobs for saying things that radical leftist liberals do not like, is nothing less than totalitarian oppression.  This is America, not North Korea.

I like Rush Limbaugh a lot, but do not listen to him because he is on at the same time as Dennis Prager, who is my 1st or 2nd favorite radio talk show host.
When we were stationed in Spain, the station that Rush's show was on was the ONLY radio station we could listen to on base in English. So I found myself listening to him as well as Dr. Laura. I didn't like either of them because they were a bit too cocky for my taste. lol

newman

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2007, 05:43:43 PM »

When we were stationed in Spain, the station that Rush's show was on was the ONLY radio station we could listen to on base in English. So I found myself listening to him as well as Dr. Laura. I didn't like either of them because they were a bit too cocky for my taste. lol

I bet some of the things Rush says would make your hair curl.

Whoops!........it already is. ;)

Erica

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2007, 05:55:25 PM »

I bet some of the things Rush says would make your hair curl.

Whoops!........it already is. ;)
The things he says dosen't make my 'hair curl'...but it did make my ears steam a few times.

Offline Bodhi

• Full JTFer
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2007, 03:09:01 PM »
  I heard that he sued CBS and they settled it out of court...apparently he got up to $20 million out of the company....now Dan Rather is suing them for $70 million because he got canned after doing the story on bush going awol from the national guard....por guy's, it's not like either one of them will ever have to look for work or anything.