Author Topic: Trump to Reverse Obama Guideline for Race in College Admissions  (Read 1436 times)

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
 :dance: :dance:

This is big.  Something I've been fighting against forever, and something that is obviously racist, and has it's roots in Jew-hatred.   Ivy league schools used the same 'personality' stereotypes in the 1950's to justify turning down thousands of Jewish applicants.  Even some of the smartest people of all time, like Richard Feynman, had their ancestors researched and were 'unadmitted' after they found out he was Jewish.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortneyobrien/2018/07/04/trump-reverses-obama-guidelines-for-college-admissions-n2497013

President Obama enforced two guidelines in 2011 and 2016 that encouraged colleges to voluntarily promote diversity and "avoid racial isolation" when considering college admissions. In other words, race could be a factor in the decision making.

Not so fast. Putting another dent in Obama's legacy, President Trump plans to reverse the admissions policy. The 24 documents of guidelines that included advice for schools on how to deal with Supreme Court decisions on race and admissions “were unnecessary, outdated, inconsistent with existing law, or otherwise improper,” according to Attorney General Jeff Sessions.

The Trump administration signaled the rules could be on the chopping block a year ago, when it began searching for lawyers who were interested in investigating “intentional race-based discrimination” on college campuses. Administration lawyers are investigating a 2015 complaint alleging that Harvard University discriminates against Asian-Americans in its admissions practices.

The Harvard lawsuit, filed by a group called Students for Fair Admissions, alleged that Asian-American applicants had the necessary scores for admission, but time and again were overlooked by other students because of "personality" tests.

According to a Students for Fair Admissions analysis of more than 160,000 applicants who applied for admission over six cycles from 2000 to 2015, Asian Americans scored higher than other racial groups on measures like test scores, but fared less well when it came to an assessment of their personality. Harvard consistently rated Asian-American applicants lower than other races on traits like likability, kindness and “positive personality.”

The Supreme Court has held that affirmative action policies were constitutional since the issue first landed on their plate in 1978 in the case California v. Bakke. While the Court decided in that case that affirmative action was permissible in some cases, racial quotas were not.

Since that ruling, we've seen countless lawsuits from college applicants against schools who they say gave higher priority to minority applicants. One of those students, Abigail Fisher, sued the University of Texas at Austin in 2016. She believed she was spurned by the school because she was white.

"There were people in my class with lower grades who weren't in all the activities I was in, who were being accepted into UT, and the only other difference between us was the color of our skin," she said at the time.

Online Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Trump to Reverse Obama Guideline for Race in College Admissions
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2018, 03:48:16 PM »
בס''ד

Baloney. Another bluff designed to excite the base without any true effect on policy.

The Trump administration’s decision returned the government’s policies to the George W. Bush era. The administration did not formally reissue the Bush-era guidance but in recent days did repost a Bush administration affirmative action policy document online. That document states, “The Department of Education strongly encourages the use of race-neutral methods for assigning students to elementary and secondary schools.” For several years, that document had been replaced by a note declaring that the policy had been withdrawn.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/03/us/politics/trump-affirmative-action-race-schools.html

As you can see above, Trump's policy is reverting back to Bush's policy. As if Bush reversed anti-white, anti-Jewish and anti-Asian discrimination. Nothing changed under Bush and nothing will change under Trump - it's all empty words.

Trump himself used and continues to use "affirmative action" racist hiring policies in his companies which employ large numbers of grossly unqualified Third World morons solely because of their race.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2018, 10:01:57 PM »
בס''ד

Baloney. Another bluff designed to excite the base without any true effect on policy.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/03/us/politics/trump-affirmative-action-race-schools.html

As you can see above, Trump's policy is reverting back to Bush's policy. As if Bush reversed anti-white, anti-Jewish and anti-Asian discrimination. Nothing changed under Bush and nothing will change under Trump - it's all empty words.

Trump himself used and continues to use "affirmative action" racist hiring policies in his companies which employ large numbers of grossly unqualified Third World morons solely because of their race.

Trump has lots of faults, but Bush(or Mccain for that matter) are in another league when it comes to empty promises, and outright lying.  I can't even come up with one promise that Bush kept.

The key is the courts.   Notice the trump lawyers recent investigation of “intentional race-based discrimination” on college campuses.  That's the key.  Trump had known for a while that Kennedy was on his way out, and soon as he's replaced.. those lawyers will then push these cases up to the newly minted conservative supreme court.

I have a feeling there will be a back and forth for a while, but if the supreme court does the right thing.... it will be the second to most important thing they could do (after reversing Roe vs Wade).

I will humbly admit I'm wrong if Trump picks a RINO justice.  But I am going out on a limb, and say that he won't.  ;D

Now if Sotomeyor or Ginsberg could 'retire', that would be a trifecta.

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2018, 03:40:04 PM »
I hope he does get rid of it.