Israel > The JTF Hebrew Club

I can't believe this. This is the Twilight Zone.

(1/2) > >>

Southern Noachide:
Perhaps some of you remember the old Vis-Ed flash cards used for learning the vocabulary of other languages.  What I am wanting to do is to get a box and transfer the words I'm finding online to something I can actually hold in my hand.  In other words, a simple box of blank cards.

A box of 1000 blank cards used to cost $4.95.  Now if you go online you can only find the exact same product for sale for anywhere from $580 to $869.  For a box of blank cards that used to cost $4.95?  This is absolutely insane!

What happened?  Are they made out of gold now?

This is yet another roadblock.  I'm beginning to despair again.

Hrvatski Noahid:
Brother, I learned German in elementary school, high school and a language school. I have been learning it on my own for years. And I am still not a fluent German speaker.

Mastering another language is one of the hardest things you can do. Remember that in times of despair.

Southern Noachide:

--- Quote from: Hrvatski Noahid on February 13, 2019, 05:21:21 AM ---Brother, I learned German in elementary school, high school and a language school. I have been learning it on my own for years. And I am still not a fluent German speaker.

Mastering another language is one of the hardest things you can do. Remember that in times of despair.

--- End quote ---

Again, what baffles me is how relatively easy it was to learn Biblical Hebrew.  Biblical is supposed to be harder than modern.  But for me the opposite is true.

I guess my frustration is partly due to my disappointment at finding the relative ease with which I learned Biblical Hebrew to have been a false promise.

Hrvatski Noahid:

--- Quote from: Southern Noachide on February 13, 2019, 10:57:33 AM ---Again, what baffles me is how relatively easy it was to learn Biblical Hebrew.  Biblical is supposed to be harder than modern.  But for me the opposite is true.

I guess my frustration is partly due to my disappointment at finding the relative ease with which I learned Biblical Hebrew to have been a false promise.

--- End quote ---

I suppose the relationship between Biblical Hebrew and modern Hebrew is like the relationship between Proto-Slavic and modern Croatian. Technically, they are different stages of the same language. Practically, they are altogether different languages.

Joe Gutfeld:
I think that it will be cool if we can all learn to be fluent in Hebrew.  I'm not but I would like to be.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version