Author Topic: Zehut popularity anecdotal evidence  (Read 818 times)

Offline Baltimore

• Director Of Public Relations
  • Pro JTFer
Zehut popularity anecdotal evidence
« on: March 24, 2019, 02:12:21 PM »
I have been meaning to post this for 2 weeks. I was in Tel Aviv and in contact with quite a few non-religious Jews involved with technology. One night 4 guys started to talk politics with me. I was shocked to hear them bring up Zehut! I did not bring it up. 2 of them seemed very serious about voting for Zehut. The other guys were very laid-back about voting and did not seem to care much about government. Those 2 guys were willing to vote for VERY liberal parties because that is what they always did. It was an interesting peak into the political thoughts of professional secular Jewish men.  Some left leaning people care so much about pot that they may vote for Zehut and ignore the religious aspects of the party. Shortly after this conversation I stumbled upon the following video made by a prominent (Jewish and former Israeli) follower of Ayn Rand. He endorses Zehut for totally non-religious reasons. Again this was an interesting peak into the thought process of a person familiar with the election and Israel. On this forum we see Zehut from a religious perspective, but the people I have encountered don't even care about that aspect of the party. The Yaron Brook video only talks about politics in Israel from about the 10 minute mark until the 32 minute mark and really does not get into Zehut until the 20 minute mark so if you don't have a lot of time start at the 20 min mark-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXgpCLaNo_0
He points out the #4 or #5 on the list (I can't remember now) is a follower of Ayn Rand which he thinks is great. Here is the list- https://zehut.org.il/zehut-knesset-list/?lang=en
So I took all of this as good news in terms of Zehut getting in. Now the polls show a positive trend! I also saw some sort of zehut ad randomly show up on a site I was on.  I hope they make it in.