Author Topic: Israeli chief rabbi: We must do all we can to help the Kurds  (Read 2346 times)

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Israeli chief rabbi: We must do all we can to help the Kurds
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2019, 02:43:52 PM »
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/270143

Rabbi Lau is right of the threat that the Kurds in Syria face. Erdogan has a bunch of very bad mercenaries employed. The Turkish army is only doing support. On the road called M3 highway between Ain Issa and Qamishli this mercenaries murdered politician Hevrin Khalef and 8 other civilians. They don't take prisoners. Warcrimes they have now already committed. And it is the third day of the operation.

In Afrin where they attacked before, they stole everything from the houses. They came with trucks and looted and murdered like the Vikings. Poor Kurds.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2019, 03:37:31 PM »
Against the Turks, the Kurds must be supported in all manners possible.
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2019, 12:02:44 AM »
Why is trump doing this?

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2019, 05:12:20 PM »
Rabbi Lau is right of the threat that the Kurds in Syria face. Erdogan has a bunch of very bad mercenaries employed. The Turkish army is only doing support. On the road called M3 highway between Ain Issa and Qamishli this mercenaries murdered politician Hevrin Khalef and 8 other civilians. They don't take prisoners. Warcrimes they have now already committed. And it is the third day of the operation.

In Afrin where they attacked before, they stole everything from the houses. They came with trucks and looted and murdered like the Vikings. Poor Kurds.

They're using chemical warfare on people now.

Why is trump doing this?

Turkey asked nicely. Since when have you seen him fight a dictator? There is also a theory on American Thinker that this forces Turkey to negotiate with the Kurds by making people around them ally against the Turks. That's a lot of dead people for that plan to work, and I don't see what they're talking about in action.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2019, 10:35:34 PM »
I dont agree with Trumps strategy. I supported Boltons view, and believe we should make sure our allies are taken care of.

I dont believe in retreating so that Russia and Iran, and Turkey can fill the void. We were told that we were fighting ISIS to prevent their spread, then once we have them on the run we are pulling out. I dont think it is the wise strategy, and all the tough talk from Trump is being laughed at because we all know Trump doesn't want to be drawn into a conflict. It is that knowledge which makes us weak, and we all know that sanctions take a LONG time to work, we are told Iran has been hurt by them, but they seem pretty strong at the moment as they project power through much of the middle east.

As I said to my mother this afternoon, the demoncraps cannot nominate a candidate without baggage, and it is because of that I will most probably vote for Trump again even though I dont think he stands for principles rather he stands for what he feels is important to him at the moment.

Help for the Kurds could be continued military weapons to use in defense against Turkish, Syrian, ISIS, or Iranian boogies.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2019, 11:43:36 AM »
They're using chemical warfare on people now.

Turkey asked nicely. Since when have you seen him fight a dictator? There is also a theory on American Thinker that this forces Turkey to negotiate with the Kurds by making people around them ally against the Turks. That's a lot of dead people for that plan to work, and I don't see what they're talking about in action.

Maybe you're right on this, and maybe it is happening.  Today I read that Russians are now helping the Kurds and are even moving into some of the barracks built and left behind by the US military.

But why are those countries feeling free to oppose the Turks directly, but the US is so tentative that "helping the Kurds" also meant not really fighting the Turks?   Ie, why does the US now have to outsource opposition to the Turks rather than just doing it themselves?

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2019, 10:59:06 PM »
Maybe you're right on this, and maybe it is happening.  Today I read that Russians are now helping the Kurds and are even moving into some of the barracks built and left behind by the US military.

But why are those countries feeling free to oppose the Turks directly, but the US is so tentative that "helping the Kurds" also meant not really fighting the Turks?   Ie, why does the US now have to outsource opposition to the Turks rather than just doing it themselves?

Kick Turkey out of NATO. Russia is once again the lesser of the evils. Russia was the lesser of the evils when it came to homosexuality as well. Obama was supporting homos and Putin actually was better than Obama on that. Russia is the lesser of the evils when it come to Turkey.

We don't want World War III which is why it's dangerous to have Turkey in NATO. The German Nazis had an alliance with NATO in World War I. Thank G-d they lost. G-d was using them to liberate the Land of Israel from Muslim occupation. Maybe World War III will become the War of Gog and Magog. 18 years ago today, Bush started the war in Afghanistan (Hoshana Rabba). Today's Torah reading was about the war of Gog and Magog.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2019, 01:01:05 PM »

Not sure. I do know that if America becomes any less of the hegemonic power, Russia et al won't be forced to trade crude in dollars, and the only thing keeping the American dollar worth a penny will be gone.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline Nachus

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2019, 11:32:27 PM »
 :usa+israel:                                                                         :fist:

The Rabbi might very well be making a good point.However,
whether the situation regarding the Kurds has complexity or
is more simple and basic, only time will tell what will become
of this set of circumstances. They should always however, do what is fair, just, and right.

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2019, 03:20:48 PM »
He should help the people of Israel!