Author Topic: What's the deal with Israelis that come to shul dressed like Mexican peasants?  (Read 1467 times)

Offline ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
It is really not mechubad to come to shul on Shabbos with a shirt hanging out & not tucked in like a slob,grungy trousers & sandals with no socks, after being here 15 years I still think it is strange & shows a lack of respect to both a house of Hashem & Shabbos!!!!!!               You do not see any rabbanim dressed like that not even the dati leumi rabbanim & the rabbis should be our guide how to dress properly.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
Maybe they don't have expensive clothes. I force myself on shabbos because I know the halacha, but honestly I would wear shorts and t shirt exclusively if that became considered high class.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
Maybe they don't have expensive clothes. I force myself on shabbos because I know the halacha, but honestly I would wear shorts and t shirt exclusively if that became considered high class.
Okay but  at least come with a clean & neat shirt which is tucked in dress pants & shoes & socks or if they don't have money for nice shoes sneakers or closed crocs it is just in poor taste to come to  shul on Shabbos dressed like that & most people I know who dress like that are not paupers & can afford to dress like menschen !!!!

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Israelis like casual dressing.

It is really not mechubad to come to shul on Shabbos with a shirt hanging out & not tucked in like a slob,grungy trousers & sandals with no socks, after being here 15 years I still think it is strange & shows a lack of respect to both a house of Hashem & Shabbos!!!!!!               You do not see any rabbanim dressed like that not even the dati leumi rabbanim & the rabbis should be our guide how to dress properly.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member

Supposed to be dressed in ones best modest clothes on Shabbat
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
Israelis like casual dressing.
At last wear a nice shirt tucked in & nice pants as well as shoes & socks it is not the beach it is a house of G-d & one dress like he would in front of a king,president,prime minister or any other VIP,if wants to be dressed casual one has other days besides Shabbos & yom tov  & places other than a shul where he can do so!!!!
« Last Edit: February 18, 2020, 02:58:58 AM by ChabadKahanist »

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
It is the one mitzvah we learn from Esav.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
Maybe they were in disguise from arabic attacks.