Author Topic: Human coronaviruses were first identified in the mid-1960s  (Read 20186 times)

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Human coronaviruses were first identified in the mid-1960s
« Reply #50 on: March 17, 2020, 05:58:10 PM »
How about some good news?

-China has closed down its last coronavirus hospital. Not enough new cases to support them. (that's propaganda but whatever)

- Doctors in India have been successful in treating Coronavirus. Combination of drugs used: Lopinavir, Retonovir, Oseltamivir along with Chlorphenamine. They are going to suggest same medicine, globally.

- Researchers of the Erasmus Medical Center claim to have found an antibody against coronavirus.

- A 103-year-old Chinese grandmother has made a full recovery from COVID-19 after being treated for 6 days in Wuhan, China.

- Apple reopens all 42 china stores,

- Cleveland Clinic developed a COVID-19 test that gives results in hours, not days.

- Good news from South Korea, where the number of new cases is declining.

- Italy is hit hard, experts say, only because they have the oldest population in Europe.

- Scientists in Israel likely to announce the development of a coronavirus vaccine.

- 3 Maryland coronavirus patients fully recovered; able to return to everyday life.

- A network of Canadian scientists are making excellent progress in Covid-19 research.

- A San Diego biotech company is developing a Covid-19 vaccine in collaboration with Duke University and National University of Singapore.

- Tulsa County's first positive COVID-19 case has recovered. This individual has had two negative tests, which is the indicator of recovery.

- All 7 patients who were getting treated for at Safdarjung hospital in New Delhi have recovered.

- Plasma from newly recovered patients from Covid -19 can treat others infected by Covid-19.

So it's not all bad news. Let's care for each other and stay focused on safety of those most vulnerable.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Online Hrvatski Noahid

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #51 on: March 17, 2020, 07:30:55 PM »
which is more important. The death of millions of people including family members or the economy?

Obviously you never owned a business and you don't know much about the economy. The world economy cannot sustain an artificial lockdown. An economic depression will cause suicide, murder, theft and collapse of the legal system. Courts are closed in my country. It's a matter of time before people start killing each other in order to find basic goods. Regardless of the virus, stopping the world economy was a massive mistake. If you think I'm wrong, just wait and see what happens.   

Gentiles are obligated to fulfill the Seven Noahide Commandments because they are the eternal command of God, transmitted through Moses our teacher in the Torah. The main and best book on details of Noahide observance is "The Divine Code" by Rabbi Moshe Weiner.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCffOR1kc1bBK9HwP8kQdSXg
Telegram: https://t.me/JewishTaskForceChat
Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Noachide/

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #52 on: March 17, 2020, 08:13:05 PM »
Obviously you never owned a business and you don't know much about the economy. The world economy cannot sustain an artificial lockdown. An economic depression will cause suicide, murder, theft and collapse of the legal system. Courts are closed in my country. It's a matter of time before people start killing each other in order to find basic goods. Regardless of the virus, stopping the world economy was a massive mistake. If you think I'm wrong, just wait and see what happens.

It's two weeks to stop the curve. Things will start reopening soon. If it saves 40 million people, as cold as this sounds, it's economically advantageous to lock everything down a few weeks. Beyond that it isn't.

Online Hrvatski Noahid

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #53 on: March 17, 2020, 08:25:43 PM »
It's two weeks to stop the curve. Things will start reopening soon. If it saves 40 million people, as cold as this sounds, it's economically advantageous to lock everything down a few weeks. Beyond that it isn't.

That's not the period of time I'm hearing about. I'm hearing people talking about months or even a year of lockdown. I still think any lockdown is a colossal mistake.   

Gentiles are obligated to fulfill the Seven Noahide Commandments because they are the eternal command of God, transmitted through Moses our teacher in the Torah. The main and best book on details of Noahide observance is "The Divine Code" by Rabbi Moshe Weiner.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #54 on: March 17, 2020, 11:22:35 PM »
Obviously you never owned a business and you don't know much about the economy.

GREED!

As for the economy,
Here in USA, govt is providing aid to help businesses and hopefully workers too, to bridge through this difficulty. 
This will also help the fastest recovery possible when the virus is defeated.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #55 on: March 17, 2020, 11:26:13 PM »

Mistake: it’s not made up and it’s not artificial.
2.  Mistake to shut down banks and certain businesses. Your country unnecessarily causing extra panic.
3. My business is small and I’m my own boss. I try not to be in debt and make sure I don’t live well above my means. I faith in God to whatever He decides to do to me or for me. I know that times like these are difficult and probably to others more than me. At the same time I have been giving to chiruv charities with higher amounts more than usual and with God’s help God willing give more during this crisis. In the end, being that I’m not the Jew God expects me to be, if my days should ever get numbered I have at least this act have charity to ease His judgement in the next world. Money will come and go. We can’t take it with us and the surplus after we die generally turns to dust. God willing these next few weeks and months I can work on reflecting on my past behavior and make changes for the best and for once not worry about money and economies. As long as I have food clothing health roof over my head, thank God. And if He needs to judge or test me, thank God (although I pray everyday not to have these tests).
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Online Hrvatski Noahid

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #56 on: March 17, 2020, 11:41:25 PM »
GREED!

As for the economy,
Here in USA, govt is providing aid to help businesses and hopefully workers too, to bridge through this difficulty. 
This will also help the fastest recovery possible when the virus is defeated.

You can scream greed all you want. It won't help. The governments which are causing the problem are helping to solve it? I would laugh if I were not dead inside.

Online Hrvatski Noahid

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #57 on: March 17, 2020, 11:54:50 PM »
Mistake: it’s not made up and it’s not artificial.
2.  Mistake to shut down banks and certain businesses. Your country unnecessarily causing extra panic.
3. My business is small and I’m my own boss. I try not to be in debt and make sure I don’t live well above my means. I faith in God to whatever He decides to do to me or for me. I know that times like these are difficult and probably to others more than me. At the same time I have been giving to chiruv charities with higher amounts more than usual and with God’s help God willing give more during this crisis. In the end, being that I’m not the Jew God expects me to be, if my days should ever get numbered I have at least this act have charity to ease His judgement in the next world. Money will come and go. We can’t take it with us and the surplus after we die generally turns to dust. God willing these next few weeks and months I can work on reflecting on my past behavior and make changes for the best and for once not worry about money and economies. As long as I have food clothing health roof over my head, thank God. And if He needs to judge or test me, thank God (although I pray everyday not to have these tests).

Dan, if the times are difficult, we don't need to make them more difficult. Unless this lockdown is stopped, it will destroy the world. I am certain there are worse Jews than you. You should judge yourself favorably.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #58 on: March 18, 2020, 08:48:59 PM »
Dan, if the times are difficult, we don't need to make them more difficult. Unless this lockdown is stopped, it will destroy the world. I am certain there are worse Jews than you. You should judge yourself favorably.

I was in contact with my mourning brother in law who 3 days later got a fever. Then he got tested and found out he had corona. I feel no symptoms but could very well be a carrier and go to work and do my normal thing and infect 100’s of people.

And for that matter it can be anyone in my position.

Regarding judging myself. Big mistake for some to judge himself favorably and to call himself righteous. Compared to evil people maybe I’m righteous. Compared to religious Jews who follow the mitzvot all their lives, I’m wicked. So no I refuse to judge myself favorably. My advice is to check your ego at the door and always work on yourself.

In your case we know what you need to work on.......
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Online Hrvatski Noahid

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #59 on: March 18, 2020, 09:21:43 PM »

I'm not sure what you mean by that. What exactly do I need to work on? If you're going to punch me below the belt, at least be specific.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #60 on: March 18, 2020, 09:35:51 PM »
I was in contact with my mourning brother in law who 3 days later got a fever. Then he got tested and found out he had corona. I feel no symptoms but could very well be a carrier and go to work and do my normal thing and infect 100’s of people.

And for that matter it can be anyone in my position.

Regarding judging myself. Big mistake for some to judge himself favorably and to call himself righteous. Compared to evil people maybe I’m righteous. Compared to religious Jews who follow the mitzvot all their lives, I’m wicked. So no I refuse to judge myself favorably. My advice is to check your ego at the door and always work on yourself.

This is not the halacha. Pirkei avot says you must always judge yourself 50-50. One more sin and you have no share in the world to come and nothing, one more mitzvah and you have olam haba and eternal life. If you judge yourself as good, then you say I'm good, no need for more mitzvot and bad, I'm already bad so what's the point.

For me in that, put me in yeshiva and around Jews I do great. Alone in the mountains in constant pain, the tinest mizvah I really liked is like pulling teeth here.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #61 on: March 18, 2020, 09:39:56 PM »
Now that we have real numbers to work with other than the filthy Chinese communist lies, things aren't looking that bad. Most of what promoted the shutdown was fear, thought China had really cremated hundreds of thousands from the sulfur clouds. Maybe they still did, but doesn't prove the disease was anything. It's best if the lockdown continues for the rest of the 15 days so we don't lose a fifth of the old people on Earth, this will bring it down to 1/50, and then we can all get back to work.

https://www.frontpagemag.com/point/2020/03/italy-99-coronavirus-fatalities-had-medical-daniel-greenfield/
Italy: 99% of Coronavirus Fatalities Had Medical Problems
Wed Mar 18, 2020 Daniel Greenfield

This isn't really surprising, but we didn't have good numbers coming out of China. It's a safe bet that anything (and I do mean anything) coming out of the Peeps is tainted. That takes us down to South Korea and Italy. Our experts have used Italy as a warning of what happens if we don't take immediate action. Italy was the nightmare scenario. That's what panicked the UK and US governments.

And now we have a breakdown of the fatalities out of Italy.

More than 99% of Italy’s coronavirus fatalities were people who suffered from previous medical conditions, according to a study by the country’s national health authority.

The Rome-based institute has examined medical records of about 18% of the country’s coronavirus fatalities, finding that just three victims, or 0.8% of the total, had no previous pathology. Almost half of the victims suffered from at least three prior illnesses and about a fourth had either one or two previous conditions.

More than 75% had high blood pressure, about 35% had diabetes and a third suffered from heart disease.

The average age of those who’ve died from the virus in Italy is 79.5.

That high age may explain the presence of other medical conditions. 63% of people over 60 tend to have high blood pressure. So it's a chicken and the egg question.

Italy does have one of the world's oldest populations.

As of March 17, 17 people under 50 had died from the disease. All of Italy’s victims under 40 have been males with serious existing medical conditions.

Again, not a real surprise, but it confirms what we already know.

According to the GIMBE Foundation, about 100,000 Italians have contracted the virus, daily Il Sole 24 Ore reported. That would bring back the country’s death rate closer to the global average of about 2%.

We'll see what the numbers look like as testing becomes more extensive and the infected population grows.

Online Hrvatski Noahid

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #62 on: March 18, 2020, 09:52:04 PM »
Things aren't looking that bad. Most of what promoted the shutdown was fear.

The same fear campaign, just a different year. Can we please worry about the economy now?

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #63 on: March 18, 2020, 10:01:43 PM »
The same fear campaign, just a different year. Can we please worry about the economy now?

This was unique in that there were sulphur clouds the size of football stadiums coming out of the "hospitals" China was making. Everyone who analyzed it estimated they had cremated at least a hundred thousand. Then they said it's ok and racist not to accept them, so the logical assumption was they were trying to destroy us. They also refused to share info on the disease with the CDC, other than fake stats, so we had to assume the worst.

We can worry about the economy at the end of the 15 days. The numbers still justify it, don't want half the baby boomers to go the way of the Italians, then after looks like we're clear. South Korea is an excellent example on how to respond to it.

Online Hrvatski Noahid

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #64 on: March 18, 2020, 10:12:39 PM »
We can worry about the economy at the end of the 15 days. The numbers still justify it, don't want half the baby boomers to go the way of the Italians, then after looks like we're clear. South Korea is an excellent example on how to respond to it.

You think this lockdown will actually last 15 days? That's not true. It will last as long as it takes them to reset the global economy, because that was the plan all along.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #65 on: March 18, 2020, 10:16:25 PM »
You think this lockdown will actually last 15 days? That's not true. It will last as long as it takes them to reset the global economy, because that was the plan all along.

I am not a prophet nor do I know whose plan you are talking about nor how you know the plan. Other people, who I assume know as much as you, say this is just to take away all the rights of people and make America totalitarian. Maybe they're going around Trump's back to do it super sneakily.

I am not in control of the lockdowns of the world. Trump said 15 days to slow the spread. We are still getting new cases but it has been drastically reduced. Again, we can't have something like a highly contagious pneumonia becoming the seasonal flu. I am for the current lockdown. When the 15 is over, we can discuss the economic loss, leading to loss of life, of the lockdown vs. loss of old people life.

Online Hrvatski Noahid

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #66 on: March 18, 2020, 10:23:36 PM »
I am not a prophet nor do I know whose plan you are talking about nor how you know the plan. Other people, who I assume know as much as you, say this is just to take away all the rights of people and make America totalitarian. Maybe they're going around Trump's back to do it super sneakily.

I am not in control of the lockdowns of the world. Trump said 15 days to slow the spread. We are still getting new cases but it has been drastically reduced. Again, we can't have something like a highly contagious pneumonia becoming the seasonal flu. I am for the current lockdown. When the 15 is over, we can discuss the economic loss, leading to loss of life, of the lockdown vs. loss of old people life.

I have reliable sources. I don't know who is doing it, but I know what they're doing. I guess if Dan knew what I know he wouldn't imply I'm a heartless bastard.   

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #67 on: March 18, 2020, 11:54:11 PM »
I have reliable sources. I don't know who is doing it, but I know what they're doing. I guess if Dan knew what I know he wouldn't imply I'm a heartless bastard.

Yes I can quote over 40 sources saying it. They're all dumb conspiracy theorists.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #68 on: March 19, 2020, 03:35:43 AM »
Coronavirus Numbers: Nightly Update: March 18, 2020-As Of 2359GMT

Posted at 11:00 pm on March 18, 2020 by Mike Ford

President Donald Trump speaks during a press briefing with the coronavirus task force, in the Brady press briefing room at the White House, Monday, March 16, 2020, in Washington. (AP Photo/Evan Vucci)

Coronavirus Numbers: Nightly Update

March 18, 2020-As Of 2359GMT

This is the second in a series of nightly updates regarding Coronavirus numbers in these United States.

As I indicated in a previous articles, the trend line in American Coronavirus fatalities might be grounds for some cautious optimism. As of 2359 GMT, March 18, 2020 the U.S. Mortality Rate (M/R) calculated by dividing the number of reported U.S. Infections into the number of reported U.S Fatalities was 1.62%. This number has been steadily declining since March 3, when the rate was over 7%.

Red State will continue to publish this Coronavirus Update that shows total reported U.S. Cases and Total U.S. Fatalities from the disease, along with appropriate commentary regarding any observable trends.

On the left, this first chart shows the data table, starting February 29, the date of the first reported U.S fatality. On the right, are two graphical representations of the data. The top graph shows the steady decline of the Mortality Rate. As you can see from the numbers on the left and chart on the upper right, today showed a slight flattening of the downward trend of the M/R. Having said that, one day or even two, does not make a trend.

The bottom graph shows the total U.S Fatalities. Over time what we hope to see is that line take a more gradual slope and eventually become horizontal. As with the above chart, we had hoped to see some indication of flattening. Early reports today indicated that possibility, but late arriving reports shoved the slope back towards vertical.

This chart is a “What If” graphic. It represents the M/R for reported infections. It also shows the M/R if we assume for each reported case of Coronavirus, there are 1, 2 or 3 other persons out there with it. For today’s report

M/R = 1.62%

+1 = 0.81%
+2 = 0.54%
+3 = 0.41%

We hope this is of some value. Whether it is or isn’t, please let me know in the comments.

Prayers for all the folks on the front lines of this effort who are putting themselves at risk on our behalf.

Online Hrvatski Noahid

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #69 on: March 19, 2020, 08:53:33 AM »
0.0 % mortality rate! Everybody, run!

Online Hrvatski Noahid

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #70 on: March 19, 2020, 08:55:06 AM »
Yes I can quote over 40 sources saying it. They're all dumb conspiracy theorists.

Keep telling yourself that. Now go worry about the virus.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #71 on: March 19, 2020, 11:27:13 AM »
I'm not sure what you mean by that. What exactly do I need to work on? If you're going to punch me below the belt, at least be specific.

your ego..that's what you need to work on.. God hates ego.. He loves humility and humble people.  Take the time in this crisis..whether made up or real to work on your ego.  That's what I meant.

The world is in a crisis (fake to you; real to me).  Take the opportunity to focus on yourself.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 11:57:54 AM by Dr. Dan »

Online Hrvatski Noahid

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #72 on: March 19, 2020, 11:53:03 AM »
your ego..that's what you need to work on.. God hates ego.. I love humility and humble people.  Take the time in this crisis..whether made up or real to work on your ego and to bring your ego down.  That's what I mean.

Strange. I gave you a compliment, and you respond by telling me to work on my ego. I don't think I am egotistical because I use humor to satirize what I see as foolishness. Chaim does it. Surely JTFers can do it, too. Ego? I left my old religion to worship your God.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2022, 11:13:34 AM by Hrvatski Noahid »

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #73 on: March 19, 2020, 11:59:05 AM »
Strange. I gave you a compliment, and you respond by telling me to work on my ego. I don't think I am egotistical because I use humor to satirize what I see as foolishness. Chaim does it. Surely JTFers can do it, too. By the way, if I were egotistical, I wouldn't sacrifice everything in my life to worship your God.

My God?!

Online Hrvatski Noahid

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #74 on: March 19, 2020, 12:08:09 PM »
My God?!

Yes, your God. The Jewish God, the God of Israel. He is not called the God of Croats, you know.