Author Topic: Ban Lag B'Omer Bonfires!!!!  (Read 1301 times)

Online ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
Ban Lag B'Omer Bonfires!!!!
« on: May 11, 2020, 08:54:15 AM »
 Bonfires are & can be assur al pi halacha because they are hazardous & can be fatal to people like me with respiratory problems!!!! Every year I am hospitalized on Lag B'Omer because of all the unsupervised bonfires that happen all over town if they are done at all they should be done only under  with a permit,under fire department supervision & limited only to 1 or 2 places in each municipality & not hefker like they have been for years!!! Hefker unsupervised medurot without permits from the authorities must be banned now & forever before more people G-d forbid  get sick or  die  from smoke inhalation caused by way too many bonfires which are unsupervised & hefker!!!                                                   

Online Hrvatski Noahid

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Ban Lag B'Omer Bonfires!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2020, 10:34:33 AM »
 :agree:
Gentiles are obligated to fulfill the Seven Noahide Commandments because they are the eternal command of God, transmitted through Moses our teacher in the Torah. The main and best book on details of Noahide observance is "The Divine Code" by Rabbi Moshe Weiner.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCffOR1kc1bBK9HwP8kQdSXg
Telegram: https://t.me/JewishTaskForceChat
Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Noachide/

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2020, 11:36:21 PM »
Bonfires are & can be assur al pi halacha because they are hazardous & can be fatal to people like me with respiratory problems!!!! Every year I am hospitalized on Lag B'Omer because of all the unsupervised bonfires that happen all over town if they are done at all they should be done only under  with a permit,under fire department supervision & limited only to 1 or 2 places in each municipality & not hefker like they have been for years!!! Hefker unsupervised medurot without permits from the authorities must be banned now & forever before more people G-d forbid  get sick or  die  from smoke inhalation caused by way too many bonfires which are unsupervised & hefker!!!                                                 

Agree 100%.
There isn't even a source or a real basis for this "festival"
I would say no permit bonfires either, but I know the people would tar and feather me

Online ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2020, 02:19:49 AM »
Agree 100%.
There isn't even a source or a real basis for this "festival"
I would say no permit bonfires either, but I know the people would tar and feather me
I wouldn't & I can live with that being that there is no source halachic or otherwise for making bonfires on Lag B'Omer & I never saw bonfires on Lag B'Omer until I came here all I saw were kids getting haircuts& toy bows in arrows back in the day.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2020, 05:50:04 PM »
But I love fire. More fire is more happy. I never burned anything down I wasn't planning on. Almost a few times but still like 90% fire safety.

I spent years talking to every Rabbi I could find to find out why I was so enthralled by looking into fires. When I finally found a serious scholar, he said, "you are jealous of the fire, your soul is fire and must stay here, but the fire can leave and go back to its source. Pesach and Lag are my faves because we burn stuff.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge