Author Topic: The Dictator  (Read 1538 times)

Online Hrvatski Noahid

• Silver Star JTF Member
The Dictator
« on: May 13, 2020, 11:36:40 PM »
https://hesedyahu.wordpress.com/2020/05/12/the-dictator/

He appeared out of nowhere and attempted to lay down the law, declaring that things are how he says they are, as if they are immutable fact. He claimed authority, expertise and instituted himself as a teacher over me from whom I should learn. He has the qualifications. He has the title. He must be listened to or else I am a fool.

I’ve faced such a person a good amount of times in my life and it wasn’t just limited to rabbis or religious Jews. Christians, secular teachers, self-proclaimed scientists, managers at work, there is always someone who thinks he has the right to dictate to me what I should believe, what the true Truth is, how I should view the world or the evidence for his edicts.

And all too often, such dictators are total strangers, people I don’t know and who don’t know me, yet act as if their words hold more validity and power whilst only truly putting forward the position that they themselves, those dictators, are the standard I must attain to in order to be acceptable and right.

A typical problem that these arrogant individuals have is that they make declarations without reasoning. “It’s how I say it is, no matter what your research says, no matter what your experience says, what conclusions you’ve come to.” They hold the pomp of a master with none of the substance. Since I am an utter stranger, without an attempt to reason with me, by default such pontificating and preaching is a fallacious appeal to authority, as if a title in and of itself is evidence of correctness.

I was recently listening to a person who claimed to be a professor of physics. Yet he was making such silly and contradictory statements, it revealed the nature of his title: a hollow shell. A pastor tells me that I don’t understand scripture yet contradicts the plain word of the Bible. A rabbi says that my Gentile mind can’t comprehend the message of the Hebrew in Torah yet struggles to communicate in English and then claims things without evidence. Again and again, some wannabe master thinks I’m a slave to be mastered, a stubborn horse to be broken in. And their only claim to power? Just that they say so. Ha!

By the way they impose themselves, it becomes clear that this isn’t a leader inspiring respect, exhibiting care and respect for those he encounters. This is not a fellow student of life, in life, just giving a helping hand, who sees me as a person worthy of investment. No, this is a dictator. He doesn’t see people but rather he just wants to win, to win the argument, win himself esteem in conquest. He doesn’t see people but rather obstacles or potential prey. Once conquered, a badge of pride is won, a tally to mark on the wall before the next capture, the next hunt, the next potential victim.

I recently encountered such a dictator, an empty talker full of bluster and boast. My personal approach is to push away such a person quickly. I don’t have the killer instinct to gut such a puffed-up fish despite my desire. And I don’t have the time or incentive to attempt to appeal to such a psychopath. I have enough in my life to deal with.

No, as the song goes,

Tormented soul, tormented soul, go away! Go away! Go away from me. Take them away! Father, take them away! Ride thru the gates of hell, with powers over darkness and light. Hypocrites and Jezebels dance to the devil’s delight. They made a pact. They made a pact. Bloody sacrifice. How they kill, maim and torture and use the name of Christ.

Of course I’m not a Christian. The singer isn’t either. So I don’t take his words literally. But I do get a message from his warning. People will claim the banner of truth or science while being under the control of more despotic emotions, and under such auspices, for your own good of course, they aim to dominate by whatever means.

I was listening to the story of someone who started to teach unpopular ideas online, deemed unscientific. Those who claimed to be in the side of science and truth chose not only to combat his ideas, but also to attack his person, approaching part of his employment to bring up professional complaints. In effect, for his apparent error/heresy, they attacked his means of getting bread and water.

Again, people will feign sincerity, pure intentions, claim to be acting in the name of decency, ethics and truth, but one way or another, they aim to maim, kill or torture for the sin of apostasy and heresy, even when what they defend is not purported to be a religion (although it is).

I pray that God teaches me to recognise such people, to deal with such people, and helps me not to become one.
Gentiles are obligated to fulfill the Seven Noahide Commandments because they are the eternal command of God, transmitted through Moses our teacher in the Torah. The main and best book on details of Noahide observance is "The Divine Code" by Rabbi Moshe Weiner.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCffOR1kc1bBK9HwP8kQdSXg
Telegram: https://t.me/JewishTaskForceChat
Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Noachide/

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: The Dictator
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2020, 02:45:55 AM »
Jews are supposed to spend an hour before davening three times a day meditating on how small we are and how big Hashem is. Keeps you from becoming a self-worshiper, which is the real "religion" of your dictator. Rabbi Mizrachi said it's a law that if a man says "ani tzadik" (I am righteous), he is extremely not righteous. The same applies to a lesser degree to someone who tells you he's intelligent or knows everything, he is almost certainly under average and knows little.

Such people wear 30 foot imaginary crowns on their head, so their necks are very strained. Mess with their stupid egos with little sprinkles of humor, good fun either way and ideally they get mad enough to burst, and then when they're at their most savage you can convince them to look at themselves for a second, they will blame your jokes and then you can kindly explain calmly why you felt the need to make fun of them. If they're too far gone they have the self-worshiper crisis of faith cycle, they get depressed because they know they're living a lie and look absurd to everyone, they don't want to live like that so they decide you were the problem, then they see others have your same attitude towards their nonsense so they're back at everyone is too dumb to get me, and then they have to decide they're better than everyone by extension, take out the 30 foot imaginary crown and and walk around like buffoons. Ideally it shaves a few feet off the imaginary crown. In case you're not following my term, proud people act like they're wearing a crown that everyone has to respect and it keeps them stiff and from doing what they want, because it's hard to walk around like that.

"A rabbi says that my Gentile mind can’t comprehend the message of the Hebrew in Torah yet struggles to communicate in English and then claims things without evidence."

This is baseless. There are some multi level Talmud debates that any non-Jew can work out the sides and arguments, but I've never heard of one finding more than the obvious deeper spiritual meanings. As for Hebrew, I have no source to back up something that even sounds similar, why would he say you can't understand the message in Hebrew? When someone insults you like that, you want to have an emotional reaction, but this is detrimental in this case. Simply say "source?" and if he says things without source the halacha is it is not to be believed period.

( I reccomend you read the following here and press the show rashi commentary https://www.chabad.org/library/bible_cdo/aid/16377/jewish/Chapter-6.htm) Rav Kahane explained verse 16-19 as "six then seven, because the worst is listed first but mentioned last" and also brings a source that says that all the other six traits Hashem HATES come from the first one, haughty eyes. If Hashem hates when people are haughty proud, you don't need to work on being more righteous than Hashem there, and in fact to the contrary. Also it is guaranteed that anyone that isn't disgusted by his ego has no spiritual connection of any kind whatsoever, and therefore there's nothing that really matters he has to teach you, but of course Hashem makes what every person, dog and everything communicates to you a sort of coded message from Him.

So hate the pride, don't let out your emotion, keep it on the tip of your eyes and make fun of their pathetic egos until they see that acting proud will only earn degradation, and if you want to help them, find the words to get it through their heads that "who is honored? He who honors others" (Gemarra).

A less fun but more recommended tactic comes exactly from that, when someone is acting like their butt is special and different from other butts, compliments will make them see their ego for what it is quickly (outside of certain mental disorders). Someone goes on for a while, I told him in front of 20 people that he must have a very hefty schmeck to know everything and be better than so many people, and it humiliated him in all their eyes more than a thousand insults would have, and I look cool instead of an angry screaming loser.

My son, if you have stood surety for your fellow, have given your hand for a stranger,         אבְּנִי אִם־עָרַ֣בְתָּ לְרֵעֶ֑ךָ תָּקַ֖עְתָּ לַזָּ֣ר כַּפֶּֽיךָ:
2you have been trapped by the sayings of your mouth; you have been caught by the sayings of your mouth.         בנוֹקַ֥שְׁתָּ בְאִמְרֵי־פִ֑יךָ נִ֜לְכַּ֗דְתָּ בְּאִמְרֵי־פִֽיךָ:
3Do this then, my son, and be saved for you have come into your fellow's palm; go, humble yourself and give your fellow superiority.         געֲשֵֹ֨ה זֹ֥את אֵפ֪וֹא בְּנִ֡י וְֽהִנָּצֵ֗ל כִּ֘י בָ֤אתָ בְכַף־רֵעֶ֑ךָ לֵ֥ךְ הִ֜תְרַפֵּ֗ס וּרְהַ֥ב רֵעֶֽיךָ:
4Give no sleep to your eyes nor slumber to your eyelids.         דאַל־תִּתֵּ֣ן שֵׁנָ֣ה לְעֵינֶ֑יךָ וּ֜תְנוּמָ֗ה לְעַפְעַפֶּֽיךָ:
5Save yourself like a deer from the hand and like a bird from the hand of the snare.         ההִנָּצֵל כִּצְבִ֣י מִיָּ֑ד וּ֜כְצִפּ֗וֹר מִיַּ֥ד יָקֽוּשׁ:
6Go to the ant, you sluggard; see her ways and become wise,         ולֵֽךְ־אֶל־נְמָלָ֥ה עָצֵ֑ל רְאֵ֖ה דְרָכֶ֣יהָ וַחֲכָֽם:
7for she has no chief, overseer, or ruler;         זאֲשֶׁ֖ר אֵֽין־לָ֥הּ קָצִ֗ין שֹׁטֵ֥ר וּמשֵֽׁל:
8yet she prepares her bread in the summer; she gathers her food in the harvest.         חתָּכִ֣ין בַּקַּ֣יִץ לַחְמָ֑הּ אָגְרָ֥ה בַ֜קָּצִ֗יר מַאֲכָלָֽהּ:
9O lazy one, how long will you lie [there]; when will you get up from your sleep?         טעַד־מָתַ֖י עָצֵ֥ל תִּשְׁכָּ֑ב מָ֜תַ֗י תָּק֥וּם מִשְּׁנָתֶֽךָ:
10"A little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to lie."         ימְעַ֣ט שֵׁ֖נוֹת מְעַ֣ט תְּנוּמ֑וֹת מְעַ֓ט חִבֻּ֖ק יָדַ֣יִם לִשְׁכָּֽב:
11And your poverty shall come like a fast walker and your want as an armed man.         יאוּבָֽא־כִמְהַלֵּ֥ךְ רֵאשֶׁ֑ךָ וּ֜מַחְסֹֽרְךָ֗ כְּאִ֣ישׁ מָגֵֽן:
12An unscrupulous man, a man of violence, walks with a crooked mouth;         יבאָדָ֣ם בְּ֖לִיַּעַל אִ֣ישׁ אָ֑וֶן ה֜וֹלֵ֗ךְ עִקְּשׁ֥וּת פֶּֽה:
13he winks with his eyes, shuffles with his feet, points with his fingers.         יגקֹרֵ֣ץ בְּ֖עֵינָו מֹלֵ֣ל בְּרַגְלָ֑ו מֹ֜רֶ֗ה בְּאֶצְבְּעֹתָֽיו:
14Contrariness is in his heart; he plots evil at all times; he incites quarrels.         ידתַּֽהְפֻּכ֨וֹת בְּלִבּ֗וֹ חֹרֵ֣שׁ רָ֣ע בְּכָל־עֵ֑ת מִדֳנִ֥ים מִדְיָנִ֥ים יְשַׁלֵּֽחַ:
15Therefore, calamity shall come suddenly; he shall suddenly be broken beyond repair.         טועַל־כֵּ֗ן פִּ֖תְאֹם יָב֣וֹא אֵיד֑וֹ פֶּ֥תַע יִ֜שָּׁבֵ֗ר וְאֵ֣ין מַרְפֵּֽא:
16There are six things that the Lord hates, and the seventh is an abomination of His soul;         טזשֶׁשׁ־ הֵ֖נָּה שָׂנֵ֣א יְהוָ֑ה וְ֜שֶׁ֗בַע תּוֹעֲבַ֥ות תּוֹעֲבַ֥ת נַפְשֽׁוֹ:
17Haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood;         יזעֵינַ֣יִם רָ֖מוֹת לְשׁ֣וֹן שָׁ֑קֶר וְ֜יָדַ֗יִם שֹׁפְכ֥וֹת דָּם־נָקִֽי:
18a heart that thinks thoughts of violence; feet that hasten to run to evil;         יחלֵ֗ב חֹ֖רֵשׁ מַחְשְׁב֣וֹת אָ֑וֶן רַגְלַ֥יִם מְ֜מַהֲר֗וֹת לָר֥וּץ לָֽרָעָה:
19[one who] speaks lies with false testimony and incites quarrels among brothers.
        יטיָפִ֣יחַ כְּ֖זָבִים עֵ֣ד שָׁ֑קֶר וּמְשַׁלֵּ֥חַ מְ֜דָנִ֗ים בֵּ֣ין אַחִֽים:
20My son, keep the commands of your father, and do not forsake the instruction of your mother.         כנְצֹ֣ר בְּ֖נִי מִצְוַ֣ת אָבִ֑יךָ וְאַל־תִּ֜טּ֗שׁ תּוֹרַ֥ת אִמֶּֽךָ:
21Bind them always upon your heart, tie them upon your neck.         כאקָשְׁרֵ֣ם עַל־לִבְּךָ֣ תָמִ֑יד עָ֜נְדֵ֗ם עַל־גַּרְגְּרֹתֶֽךָ:
22When you walk, it shall lead you; when you lie down, it shall guard you, and when you awaken, it shall speak for you.         כבבְּהִתְהַלֶּכְךָ֨ תַּנְחֶ֬ה אֹתָ֗ךְ בְּ֖שָׁכְבְּךָ תִּשְׁמֹ֣ר עָלֶ֑יךָ וַ֜הֲקִיצ֗וֹתָ הִ֣יא תְשִׂיחֶֽךָ:
23For a commandment is a candle, and the Torah is light, and disciplining rebukes are the way of life;         כגכִּ֤י נֵ֣ר מִ֖צְוָה וְת֣וֹרָה א֑וֹר וְדֶ֥רֶךְ חַ֜יִּ֗ים תּוֹכְח֥וֹת מוּסָֽר:
24to guard you from an evil woman, from the smoothness of the alien tongue.         כדלִשְׁמָרְךָ מֵאֵ֣שֶׁת רָ֑ע מֵֽ֜חֶלְקַ֗ת לָשׁ֥וֹן נָכְרִיָּֽה:
25Do not covet her beauty in your heart, and do not let her captivate you with her eyelids.         כהאַל־תַּחְמֹ֣ד יָ֖פְיָהּ בִּלְבָבֶ֑ךָ וְאַל־תִּ֜קָּֽחֲךָ֗ בְּעַפְעַפֶּֽיהָ:
26Because a man is brought to a loaf of bread for a harlot, and a married woman will hunt a precious soul.         כוכִּ֤י בְעַד־אִשָּׁ֥ה זוֹנָ֗ה עַֽד־כִּכַּ֫ר לָ֥חֶם וְאֵ֥שֶׁת אִ֑ישׁ נֶ֖פֶשׁ יְקָרָ֣ה תָצֽוּד:
27Can a man rake embers with his skirt without burning his clothes?         כזהֲיַחְתֶּ֤ה אִ֓ישׁ אֵ֬שׁ בְּחֵיק֑וֹ וּ֜בְגָדָ֗יו לֹ֣א תִשָּׂרַֽפְנָה:
28Or can a man walk on live coals without scorching his feet?         כחאִם־יְהַלֵּ֣ךְ אִ֖ישׁ עַל־הַגֶּחָלִ֑ים וְ֜רַגְלָ֗יו לֹ֣א תִכָּוֶֽינָה:
29So is he who goes in to his neighbor's wife; no one who touches her will go unpunished.         כטכֵּ֗ן הַ֖בָּא אֶל־אֵ֣שֶׁת רֵעֵ֑הוּ לֹ֥א יִ֜נָּקֶ֗ה כָּֽל־הַנֹּגֵ֥עַ בָּֽהּ:
30They will not despise a thief if he steals to sate his appetite, for he is hungry.         ללֹא־יָב֣וּזוּ לַ֖גַּנָּב כִּ֣י יִגְנ֑וֹב לְמַלֵּ֥א נַ֜פְשׁ֗וֹ כִּ֣י יִרְעָֽב:
31And if he is found, he will pay sevenfold; he must give all he owns.         לאוְנִמְצָא יְשַׁלֵּ֣ם שִׁבְעָתָ֑יִם אֶת־כָּל־ה֖וֹן בֵּית֣וֹ יִתֵּֽן:
32One who commits adultery with a woman is devoid of sense; one who would destroy his soul-he will do it.         לבנֹאֵ֣ף אִשָּׁ֣ה חֲסַר־לֵ֑ב מַֽשְׁחִ֥ית נַ֜פְשׁ֗וֹ ה֣וּא יַעֲשֶֹֽנָּה:
33He will find wounds and disgrace, and his reproach shall not be erased         לגנֶֽגַע־וְקָל֥וֹן יִמְצָ֑א וְ֜חֶרְפָּת֗וֹ לֹ֣א תִמָּחֶֽה:
34for jealousy [shall arouse] the husband's wrath, and he will not have pity on the day of vengeance.         לדכִּֽי־קִנְאָ֥ה חֲמַת־גָּ֑בֶר וְלֹֽא־יַ֜חְמ֗וֹל בְּי֣וֹם נָקָֽם:
35He will not have regard for any ransom, neither will he consent though you give him many bribes.         להלֹא־יִ֖שָּׂא פְּנֵ֣י כָל־כֹּ֑פֶר וְלֹֽא־יֹ֜אבֶ֗ה כִּ֣י תַרְבֶּה־שֹֽׁחַד:
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: The Dictator
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2020, 02:49:41 AM »
Don't be mad if I evil empath up all the suffering you're feeling here, spending $550 on weed a month was making me cough, so taking a month off and I can actually feel what I'm going through now physically and otherwise and have to still do work to replace China with robots, so I'm totally burning at both ends and suffering is very nutrient rich energy in that state. Other people's suffering. Slurp slurp.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge