Author Topic: Democrat Mayor Criticizes Philadelphia Property Owners and Self-Defense  (Read 1086 times)

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
His police don't do their job. They are outnumbered by the rioters. He also was not happy that a gun store owner killed a potential robber that wanted to steal guns that he would have used to kill innocent people. This is the same mayor that made a black woman whose last name is Outlaw as the Police Commissioner.

Kenney Condemns Armed Vigilantes In Fishtown, Criticizes Cops Who Took Photos With Them

A group, who called themselves old-time Fishtowners, walk on Girard Avenue carrying bats, hammers and shovels in Philadelphia, Pa. on June 1, 2020. The men said they believed they were protecting their neighborhood in the event looters or rioters showed up in Fishtown.

Mayor Jim Kenney on Tuesday condemned armed vigilantes who came out in Fishtown last night and said they wanted to protect businesses. He also criticized police officers who high-fived members of the group and took photos with them.

“We do not condone vigilantes,” Kenney said. “Armed vigilantism won’t be tolerated going forward.”

“We tolerated it last night for too long and that was a mistake,” he added.

While Kenney and Outlaw said they respect the rights of business owners to protect their property, they said they were disturbed to hear of a man killed by a gun shop owner in South Philadelphia.

The mayor described himself as “deeply troubled” by the death.

“We do not endorse or condone any form of vigilante justice or taking the law into one’s own hands,” Outlaw said.

Although the group said they were working to help the neighborhood’s police officers, the commissioner said the department doesn’t need their help. “I would not want that group to be described as someone speaking for me or on behalf of my police department,” Outlaw said. “I don’t welcome that, I don’t invite them to come back.”

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
The city police did not stop rioters from stealing. At the city line, suburban police officers stood guard from their side defending their township while the city police officers did nothing on their side to defend property.

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
This animal. Why he is not saying: "We want that everybody is looted and arsoned." Such a punk!
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
If he stands with the looters, like the one who raped a five year old girl to death or killed a Texas business owner, all the left and their media supports him. If he stands with law abiders, we do nothing and they crucify them. It is politically more valuable to side with the left with a lazy right.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
Mayor Jim Kenney on Tuesday condemned armed vigilantes who came out in Fishtown last night and said they wanted to protect businesses. He also criticized police officers who high-fived members of the group and took photos with them.

But the liberal politicians support when the police officers kneel with the Left Wing protesters.