Author Topic: Question About Judaism View on Hunting  (Read 1401 times)

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
Question About Judaism View on Hunting
« on: August 11, 2020, 08:25:54 PM »
Hey everyone,

I was having an online chat on Facebook about hunting when a Jewish man posted a photo of himself with a boar carcass. I posted that Jews don't believe in hunting. But then others responded that boars are an invasive species,
...that there's no way to slaughter them humanely. as they're wild animals, and that hunters are taught to kill animals humanely with one well placed shot. 

So how would you guys respond?  What's Judaism"s view on keeping the population of invasive species in check?  I find it hard to believe that shooting is more humane than kosher slaughter.  Thanks.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2020, 12:20:27 PM by Lisa »

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Question About Judaism View on Hunting
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2020, 09:33:08 PM »
It's okay to kill them in self-defense but not as a sport. Goyim can eat those animals as long as they animal is dead first.

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Question About Judaism View on Hinti g
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2020, 04:45:15 AM »
Kosher slaughter is only used for the purpose of meat consumption.

So as far as I understand there is no prohibition against culling wild herds, extinguishing invasive species etc. pest control etc. The only caveat I think, is that such meat is not kosher.

Online Hrvatski Noahid

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2020, 06:34:07 AM »
Hunting an animal is permitted only when it is necessary for human benefit, e.g., to eat the meat of the animal or use its hide or fur. Hunting merely for the sake of sport is not permitted because of the pain caused to the animal. This applies even to beasts of prey when they are in their natural habitat, where they do not pose a threat to humans. However, one is allowed to pursue and kill wild animals when they approach an inhabited area, if there is a practical danger that they will cause physical harm to humans, or financial harm through destruction of livestock or physical property.
Gentiles are obligated to fulfill the Seven Noahide Commandments because they are the eternal command of God, transmitted through Moses our teacher in the Torah. The main and best book on details of Noahide observance is "The Divine Code" by Rabbi Moshe Weiner.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCffOR1kc1bBK9HwP8kQdSXg
Telegram: https://t.me/JewishTaskForceChat
Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Noachide/

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2020, 10:40:47 AM »
The most painful way for the boar to die would be kosher slaughter. That is for kosher animals - which have two blood cords from their brains to their bodies. Not kosher animals have 4, two in the front like kosher, two in the back extra. If you were to cut the two front cords, they would feel all the pain from it, as blood is still connected to their brains. The only humane way to kill one is to shoot it in the brain. If they are destroying your crops, we eat, piggy's gotta go. They can also maul you and if you have a nature walk there, have to keep the population in check. For kosher animals, once as the two cords are cut, no blood from their bodies reaches their brain, and therefore they can't feel anything and do not die in pain.

Unlike other not kosher animals, we are not allowed to derive benefit from the pig, so we can't feed it to the dog after, but if you have befriended ravens (talk more than parrots, extremely intelligent, and bring shiny things for you) you can feed it to them or any other wild animal that you're not benefiting from.

There are ways to slaughter other wild animals humanely, like a trap that catches a deer's body and tightens soft ropes that won't cut it around it, and then you can come behind and never let it see the knife, and if you are a kosher slaughterer with a degree, that is kosher now.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2020, 03:17:45 PM »
The most painful way for the boar to die would be kosher slaughter. That is for kosher animals - which have two blood cords from their brains to their bodies. Not kosher animals have 4, two in the front like kosher, two in the back extra. If you were to cut the two front cords, they would feel all the pain from it, as blood is still connected to their brains. The only humane way to kill one is to shoot it in the brain. If they are destroying your crops, we eat, piggy's gotta go. They can also maul you and if you have a nature walk there, have to keep the population in check. For kosher animals, once as the two cords are cut, no blood from their bodies reaches their brain, and therefore they can't feel anything and do not die in pain.

Unlike other not kosher animals, we are not allowed to derive benefit from the pig, so we can't feed it to the dog after, but if you have befriended ravens (talk more than parrots, extremely intelligent, and bring shiny things for you) you can feed it to them or any other wild animal that you're not benefiting from.

There are ways to slaughter other wild animals humanely, like a trap that catches a deer's body and tightens soft ropes that won't cut it around it, and then you can come behind and never let it see the knife, and if you are a kosher slaughterer with a degree, that is kosher now.

I know a hunter in East Frisia. He sells off everything from the animals he shoots. The meat, the skins, some organs and the bones he cooks and makes fond from it that he cannes and sells. He makes from the small cuts sausages that are very big. Once I bought a bag. I have not put it on the scale, but I estimate one sausage is 1kg. He told me wild goat is in it that he brought from hunting in the Hartz mountains in lower saxony. The whole groundfloor of his house is like a butcher shop. He shoots the animal not in the head, but in the heart. It is called "Blattschuss".

I bought Roe deer and Rabbit. I like the meat, but it takes hours on small flame to make it soft and tasty. The taste is similar. So you can buy a kosher deer and then you know how rabbit tastes.  The bones are hard like iron. Never I have seen so hard bones. And I put a little bit of olive oil when I eat it, because the meat itself has no fat. Garlic goes very well with it.

There are coming to him lots of doctors for badger. He sells the skins and the old people putting them in their bed under their feet that they can walk better. The bodies are then cooked down and the fat is extracted. The doctors use the fat to massage the hands and feet of people that are plaged by rheumatism. It is a very potent medicine he told me. Even I know one doctor in my city who uses this and he is very convinced. I have not tried it, because I have no rheumatism. So I can not tell about the truth of it. But the people believe in it.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2020, 06:32:22 PM »
I know a hunter in East Frisia. He sells off everything from the animals he shoots. The meat, the skins, some organs and the bones he cooks and makes fond from it that he cannes and sells. He makes from the small cuts sausages that are very big. Once I bought a bag. I have not put it on the scale, but I estimate one sausage is 1kg. He told me wild goat is in it that he brought from hunting in the Hartz mountains in lower saxony. The whole groundfloor of his house is like a butcher shop. He shoots the animal not in the head, but in the heart. It is called "Blattschuss".

I bought Roe deer and Rabbit. I like the meat, but it takes hours on small flame to make it soft and tasty. The taste is similar. So you can buy a kosher deer and then you know how rabbit tastes.  The bones are hard like iron. Never I have seen so hard bones. And I put a little bit of olive oil when I eat it, because the meat itself has no fat. Garlic goes very well with it.

There are coming to him lots of doctors for badger. He sells the skins and the old people putting them in their bed under their feet that they can walk better. The bodies are then cooked down and the fat is extracted. The doctors use the fat to massage the hands and feet of people that are plaged by rheumatism. It is a very potent medicine he told me. Even I know one doctor in my city who uses this and he is very convinced. I have not tried it, because I have no rheumatism. So I can not tell about the truth of it. But the people believe in it.

Before I knew anything about Torah I ate bears and rabbits and everything else that runs away, but get onto any spiritual level and you'll feel how this is complete poison for your soul. Even if we leave meat alone with a non-Jew for 2 minutes when we're gone, it becomes not kosher because of the risk he wanted to see what kosher was, ate it and put his, for example.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge