Author Topic: Chief Rabbinate: Women should not be tested for the rabbinate  (Read 1275 times)

Offline Nachus

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Chief Rabbinate: Women should not be tested for the rabbinate
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2020, 01:30:32 AM »
 :usa+israel:                                                           :fist:

I guess there can be no machlokot beyond the
decree on this issue?

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Chief Rabbinate: Women should not be tested for the rabbinate
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2020, 03:47:39 PM »
:usa+israel:                                                           :fist:

I guess there can be no machlokot beyond the
decree on this issue?

Well that's a charged "question".

"In its remarks, the council also referred to the factors behind the request to conduct rabbinical examinations for women. "It cannot be ignored that the petition in question, together with other legal proceedings currently underway, is part of a broad trend to advance goals foreign to the spirit of traditional Judaism."

By legal proceedings underway, they mean accept fake conversions, promote faggotry and all kinds of other problems.

There are new little schools that want to train religious women to be real Orthodox Rabbis, I've talked to some of them and they seemed really sincere, and heard of a few that weren't. Ramming this new development into certification is obviously only done for considerations outside of what is best for Judaism and Jews. The Rabbis talked about the centers clearly here and did not speak against them, but only legal proceedings forcing them to declare these nice girls as Rabbis. We've had this fence around the law for a while, and it is very much an issue we debate and innovate in. The Rabbinate is simply existing outside pressure. All this does is make it harder for those girls that really are trying to do what they think is the best way they could serve Hashem, and we are all interested to see how this develops. However, we hate commies trying to run us. Deal with it.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge