Author Topic: Which sin distances a person from Hashem to the furthest extreme  (Read 1791 times)

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Which sin distances a person from Hashem to the furthest extreme
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2020, 03:25:17 AM »
Obviously lashon hara, but specifically revealing private secrets. Not telling your secrets is the action that you can say Hashem "does" the most, He sees everything and can tell everyone everything about you and doesn't. Revealing the one or two secrets you get from a person, when it's not a specific warning that he will do evil, shows the ultimate disconnect.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline Noachide

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2020, 10:47:06 AM »
Obviously lashon hara, but specifically revealing private secrets. Not telling your secrets is the action that you can say Hashem "does" the most, He sees everything and can tell everyone everything about you and doesn't. Revealing the one or two secrets you get from a person, when it's not a specific warning that he will do evil, shows the ultimate disconnect.
Thank you for the insight. Have you heard about a book called "Guard our tongue" by Rabbi Zelig Pliskin. It is based on Chofetz Chaim. Great book. Btw, have you asked admins and mods for a new name? I notice it is longer now.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2020, 11:26:32 AM »
Thank you for the insight. Have you heard about a book called "Guard our tongue" by Rabbi Zelig Pliskin. It is based on Chofetz Chaim. Great book. Btw, have you asked admins and mods for a new name? I notice it is longer now.

I have not. The Chofetz Chaim I just read books on it. -You can change your own name whenever you feel like it. I am making fun of Dementia Elect Sniffy.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge