Author Topic: Grammar Nazis In Congress Think Amen Is Masculine English Word  (Read 1206 times)

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
Amen is Hebrew. It is not saying men as opposed to women. But the Grammar Nazis in Congress made a "politically correct" way of saying it in an "inclusive" way.

https://www.wlbt.com/2021/01/04/congressional-prayer-ends-with-words-amen-awoman-rep-guest-calls-it-disrespectful/

They are also affirmative action when it comes to English. Men is plural. If they think the "men" in Amen is the English word men, then the female counterpart is women, not men. They don't know the difference between singular and plural.

“May the Lord make His face to shine upon us and be gracious unto us,” Cleaver said towards the end of his prayer. “May the Lord lift up the light of His countenance upon us and give us peace.

“Peace on our families, peace on this land and, dare I ask oh Lord, peace even in this chamber now and evermore. We ask it in the name of the monotheistic God, Brahma (creator God in Hinduism), and God known by many names by many different faiths. Amen and awoman.”

He also took Birkat HaKohanim and added idolatry (Hinduism). What a desecration of G-d's Name. He even has to be "inclusive" when it comes to religion. If he claims to be an Xtian minister, why does he include Hinduism?

« Last Edit: January 04, 2021, 09:54:00 PM by Binyamin Yisrael »

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Grammar Nazis In Congress Think Amen Is Masculine English Word
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2021, 09:47:07 PM »
If they think Amen is masculine because of the second syllable, then why don't they rename "menstruate" to "womenstruate". Men don't menstruate, only women.  Although there is now "inclusive" nonsense on that too now.

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/j-k-rowling-accused-transphobia-after-mocking-people-who-menstruate-n1227071

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2021, 09:56:28 PM »
I watched it. I didn't realize it was an affirmative action schvartza. I couldn't tell because of his mask. Only from his voice did I realize. I guess he's a minister like Al Sharpton is a minister. He's a fake minister.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2021, 12:17:25 AM »
They made entire religions out of saying grain is corn so Israel is America, why not say that Amen in English has men so it's misogyny. We are surrounded by armies of inbreeds.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline Nachus

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2021, 02:33:52 AM »
 :usa+israel:                                                                                                                       :fist:

It must therefore be ‘toxic’.
                                                 >:(    :::D    :o

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2021, 06:13:53 AM »
This is just lunacy. I think he also insulted Allah.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2021, 12:35:50 PM »
If we look at this logically instead of jumping to call her stupid, this fits in as a mildly effective commie attack on religion.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge