Author Topic: David P. Goldman Gold is cheap / article in the Asia Times  (Read 1126 times)

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
David P. Goldman Gold is cheap /article in the Asia Times

Gold tends to do better than inflation-indexed Treasuries, or TIPS, in periods of stress – like now

Gold traded at US $1,900 for the first time since January, after Federal Reserve officals talked down the “real” (CPI-indexed) yield of Treasury securities.

The market may not believe that inflation is transitory, as Federal Reserve Vice Chair Richard Clarida repeated once again Wednesday morning – but it believes that the Fed will stick to its story, because it can’t do anything else without a great deal of pain.

The Chart of the Day shows gold against its main competitor, inflation-indexed US Treasury securities (during the past year and half it has tracked the 5-year maturity most closely).

Gold and inflation-indexed Treasuries, or TIPS, serve the same function. They pay off big if there is a surge in inflation beyond what the market already has priced in. Over the long term, they trade pretty much the same way.

https://asiatimes.com/2021/05/gold-is-cheap/

Perhaps this is because of Biden's high spendings and very stupid foreign policy. ::)
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: David P. Goldman Gold is cheap / article in the Asia Times
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2021, 03:30:09 PM »
So its going down soon?
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2021, 06:36:55 PM »
Do you plan to buy physical gold?
In my case it's not practical. I have a little bit of gold mining stocks. But they are not so cheap at this time.

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2021, 09:07:17 AM »
Do you plan to buy physical gold?
In my case it's not practical. I have a little bit of gold mining stocks. But they are not so cheap at this time.

I am not shure.

Everybody inclusive Markus Krall and Marc Friedrich expected the Euro to be  inflated first. Because the Euro has a smaller currency zone. The Dollar currency zone is much bigger. Now it turns out that the Dollar is the first to be inflated.

Other people expected the crypto going up. The opposite was the case.

And other people again thought that the Yuan gets big problems. Again the opposite was the case. David Goldman saw this coming before months.

Perhaps I buy a little bit gold from private persons. To buy from the bank is very expensive.

One thing is for shure I think the western central banks have overplayed their hand and there will be lots of issues in the future.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Nachus

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2021, 01:16:45 AM »
 :usa+israel:                                                                             :fist:

Being that the world hasn't been
on the gold standard in quite a
while, it depends on how much
one can and is willing to spend
on it. Unlike the paper currency
decreasing in value, gold, despite
some fluctuations, ultimately
retains it's value and eventually
becomes more 'valuable' in times
of economic uncertainty.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2021, 08:50:14 AM »
Canadian law allows the government to go into your house without permission and seize your gold, so it's not a survival situation thing. If it's going up in the short term tell me and I'll check the numbers. I do not believe it will go up. Weed stocks I can get a % or 2 a week, and a few airlines some big gains from their original purchase time. Holding currently so no reason to go data fishing too hard. You gotta save up as much as you can to bet against the US housing market when it collapses again soon.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge