Author Topic: Moshiach ben Yosef + Jews in America  (Read 15295 times)

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
Re: Moshiach ben Yosef + Jews in America
« Reply #50 on: January 24, 2008, 10:54:52 AM »
Sorry if I made the impression that I wrote it myself, but I posted the link at the end of the post.

About the Rambam, how would you know that? (What does he specifically write indicating that?)

He writes two chapters detaling what the Moshiach will do and will not do and he doesn't mention Moshiach ben yosef at all.
Post questions here for the ASK JUDEA TORAH SHOW

my blog: Yehudi-Nation

Who is truly wise? He who can see the future. I see tommorow today and I want to end it - Rabbi Meir Daweedh Kahana

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2008, 01:51:33 AM »
maybe the RAMBAM was only listing what would -certainly- happen. And the reason why, is so that we do not identify a false one.

furthermore, you mention he lists what he will certainly not do.  No doubt he was aware of the tradition of moshiach ben yosef, and he did not list that in his certainly do nots for moshiach.

I agree with you that Tzvi`s link is rubbish.   It is out there.. Tzvi, you posted one site where somebody nobody had ever heard of thought he had gone up and spoken to moshiach.

I saw a similar site(called erevmoshiach) about children that are meant to have seen the time of moshiach, they tried to predict the near future and got it completely wrong.  The site was pulled down soon after, because - to paraphrase - "it gave away too many secrets" and "kabbalists" objected to the site being up.

The site was taken very seriously, the child would speak, and then scholars would analyse his words and find these obscure sources to backup lots of what he was saying..  and they would say he knew things that he could not possibly have learnt himself. And the use of the method was justified, by a quote from the zohar that children would see the prophecies of the future..     It had a forum too, and many people there did not agree with the stuff on the site, but were very knowledgeable.. One even mentioned a kabbalistic source for the magen dovid, but I did not note it down. 
That site certainly took more care to be accurate than the site or article posted to start this thread!

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #52 on: January 25, 2008, 11:37:17 AM »
That site was pulled because all of the kids predictions did NOT come true.

Not because of any Kabbalists afraid of too many secrets being revealed.

Who is truly wise? He who can see the future. I see tommorow today and I want to end it - Rabbi Meir Daweedh Kahana

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2008, 09:08:58 PM »
yes, that`s why I said their predictions did not come true, and why I put kabbalists in quotes.

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2008, 10:28:48 AM »

O0
There are a lot of people in Israel who have sites claiming their are the Mashiach, it's very entertaining.
Not a foreign land we took and not with foreign possession but a land that belong to our ancestors that was occupied without a trial. And when we had the opportunity, we took our land back.
-Shimon Maccabee's answer to Antiochus VII Sidetes.

"When fighting monsters, be wary not to become one... When you gaze into the abyss, it also gazes into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #55 on: January 28, 2008, 10:59:31 AM »

O0
There are a lot of people in Israel who have sites claiming their are the Mashiach, it's very entertaining.

Saying "I am the Moshiach" when you are not the ruler of Israel is kind of like saying "I'm the president of the USA" when really I'm just an accountant.

It is ridiculous.