Author Topic: Stop being ransomwared.  (Read 1260 times)

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
Stop being ransomwared.
« on: June 09, 2021, 10:07:01 PM »
Ok corporations. First you use lynux now and not microsoft or apple. Second you have a computer not connected to the internet with a camera see the screen of another computer and make it run through the days information and copy it so no virus is no transmitted, amd if they ransom hack you, you lose one day and they can cry into their vodkas.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline Slobodan

• Pro JTFer
Re: Stop being ransomwared.
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2021, 05:37:27 AM »
I don't really understand your idea. You want them to use an offline computer that looks at another computer's monitor via the camera and... What???
Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2021, 09:12:35 AM »
I don't really understand your idea. You want them to use an offline computer that looks at another computer's monitor via the camera and... What???

A company will have many excel, access and word files created daily. The networked computer will display them one by one, and the disconnected computer will take the picture as it comes and update the company file storage with the info.

This way you have file transfer to shortage with no risk of anyone being able to hack the computer.

Offline Slobodan

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2021, 10:03:25 AM »
But they can't convert image files into excel files later. They would need to manually make new excel files again. That is almost worthless. They would be better off doing a dailly backups, and that is probably what they do anyway.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2021, 12:17:09 PM »
It converts directly with no picture. Just by your comment, I going to go ahead and say that it will probably be irrelevant to everyone here.

Offline Slobodan

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2021, 01:18:35 PM »
OK, I don't get it. It takes a piture, but no picture, and it makes an excel file. Maybe it is some of your inventions, so you understand it just not explaining it well.
Anyway, the reason why they get attacked is becuse they use old unpatched systems, and rarely update them and the other software on it. Also the IT illiterate employees that keep clicking on dodgy links.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2021, 07:08:39 PM »
OK, I don't get it. It takes a piture, but no picture, and it makes an excel file. Maybe it is some of your inventions, so you understand it just not explaining it well.
Anyway, the reason why they get attacked is becuse they use old unpatched systems, and rarely update them and the other software on it. Also the IT illiterate employees that keep clicking on dodgy links.

No picture file. A five year old can code a text recognition to type program in.

Offline Slobodan

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2021, 05:07:35 AM »
I don't believe it is as simple as you think. It is not just text. For Excel, you need it to be able to recognise columns and rows, the format of the text, the alignment, and so on. Then it need to be able to make all of that from scratch. To make proper rows, colums, the size of them, the format the alignment of the text. It wuld need to be some advanced AI software. Then there are formulas and macroes, it can't do that, because they is not visible. And there are multiple pages, that need to be scrolled. With Excel, it needs to be scrolled horizontally too.  And that is just for Excel, for other software - Word, Access, and so on, it needs a separete dedicated AI software.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2021, 10:40:26 AM »
Yes. And to make an ai for starcraft is 6000x harder. Maybe not one but i think a team of monkeys could be trained to make it.