Author Topic: Is Mt. Hermon the Israeli Transylvania? Confusing theories on the Web.  (Read 1543 times)

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
There is a group of Jews and Protestants out there. They Quote from a book called Enoch and "Death Sea Scrolls". They say, that the Hermon and the areas around are populated by Demons and other stuff like spirits of Giants. They also quote Sumerian myths and pagan texts found on Cuneiform tablets. Some also quotes parts of the OT as well as from Christian sources. It is a real mix.

What is your oppinion about it? I have not heard before of this.  It is new for me.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
It is new to me as well. I googled "Hermon Demons" in Hebrew and all I found was articles from last year where prisoners from Hermon Prison (which is named after a person, it is not located on mount Hermon) claim they were possessed by demons.

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
It is new to me as well. I googled "Hermon Demons" in Hebrew and all I found was articles from last year where prisoners from Hermon Prison (which is named after a person, it is not located on mount Hermon) claim they were possessed by demons.

Here is something more innocent: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05fFX_LuDuY

Be carefull there is lots of "Christian" stuff out there too.

"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
Here is something else (neutral althrough crazy): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEIPYmiLuTA

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
The real search was to get the Alien branch of this theory https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=watchers+aliens

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
Are they referring to Og, King of the Bashan? Og was the last of the Giants and the Jews defeated him and took over the Golan and Hermon in the last year in the Wilderness. It was read a few weeks ago in Parahat Chukat. Next weak's Torah reading also mentions it and mentions Mount Hermon by name.

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
Are they referring to Og, King of the Bashan? Og was the last of the Giants and the Jews defeated him and took over the Golan and Hermon in the last year in the Wilderness. It was read a few weeks ago in Parahat Chukat. Next weak's Torah reading also mentions it and mentions Mount Hermon by name.

Yes Og of Bashan is mentioned in some of this theories too. But they say his "spirit" haunts now this montain, if I correctly understood it. Some other say Og was an alien.  :::D

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
Some weird people out there consider this book to actually be from Enoch.  This is of course nonsense.  Scholars date the work to starting sometime around 100's BCE.  It is apocryphal, written in the name of Enoch but not actually written BY him.  There is a reason that although this text is found in the Qumran caves and must have been circulating among the Jews of that time period at least to some extent, it was not chosen by the sages to include in the canon of Biblical prophecy.   Because it was not prophecy and not considered as such.   So what it claims about this or that thing wouldn't be relevant to someone who accepts the canonization of what is and is not divine prophecy.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
Ulli the short and most accurate answer is that this is quatsch.

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
Kahane & Zelhar, I agree.

One good thing this whole issue will have. The people who are working in tourism in the Golan will now earn some money extra after they suffered so much during the pandemic. :)