Author Topic: What's with the Hannah Montana Cult Following  (Read 1325 times)

Offline takebackourtemple

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
What's with the Hannah Montana Cult Following
« on: February 03, 2008, 12:56:07 AM »
   I've been hearing a lot about her concerts all selling out on the radio. I was at the movie theaters today and apparently the latest thing is a film about her in 3D. It was mostly kids, but everybody was there dressed in costume and painting "I love you Hannah signs". This is definitely a dumbing down of Americans by the Hollywood corporations. I just don't get it. She is as pretty as the average American girl, but there is nothing spectacular about the way she looks and she is a lousy singer. What is it about her that she has such a cult following? I can understand if she made it through something like American Idol or if she has been producing hits for many years, but she is all corporate made and only in her position because of her father. What is it that I am missing?
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

kellymaureen

Re: What's with the Hannah Montana Cult Following
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2008, 01:00:19 AM »
I have no clue, I know she has a TV show...but what the mass appeal is who knows, pre teen girls are fickle, they will move on shortly and it will be hannah who????

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2008, 03:52:17 AM »
Barnie the Dinosaur and Tickle me Elmo...

so hanna montana is another one of those.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline abdithefaithful

• Full JTFer
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2008, 06:03:44 PM »
I deeply regret to report that this "Hannah Montana" epidemic is a most dangerous element in our current culture. Tickets sell quicker and are priced higher than any other, ahem, "recording artist" in history. Some parents have actually dished out upwards of five thousand dollars to buy their children "scalped" tickets. Some parents have went as far to take our second mortgages on their homes so their children can go see a "Hannah Montana" concert. One desperate Mother had law enforcement bring serious charges against her for sending a heart braking letter to "Hannah Montana's" management pleading for a ticket for her daughter, she claimed that she was dying of cancer and her "last wish" was for her daughter to experience a "Hannah Montana" concert-- the whole thing was a HOAX!!-- the "Mother" was fine, in good health and she made up the horrific lie in an attempt to get her daughter a concert ticket! And there are also contests going on all across the country that forces Father's to dress in drag, wearing mini skirts and high heels shoes, as they can race each other to win a ticket for their daughters just to see the "Hannah Montana" movie that you referred to in your above post!!--- not even the live concert-- just to win their daughter a ticket to see the movie Fathers are forced to participate in the most unholy of acts, dressing as women and running in high heels in hope of winning their daughters a ticket to the "Hannah Montana" movie!!--- "Children" are going as far to leave Parents who fail to produce tickets for them to attend "Hannah Montana" events!!--- Some "kids" are even filing official "child abuse complaints" with law enforcement and Children's Advocate Groups against parents who are unable to afford to send them to see "Hannah Montana"!!

What do YOU think of this epidemic that is ruining families and causing such severe heart brake?

Is this proof of the drastic decline of our society and culture, or what?!?

Have you or someone you know been FORCED to take extreme financial measure and sacrifice so that a "child" can go see a "Hannah Montana" concert or movie?

Please discuss... I find this activity to be most alarming, most alarming indeed!!
If you don't like The Great Chaim, then you sure as heck wouldn't like me!

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2008, 07:31:37 PM »
I know a lot of parents who bought tickets for the Hannah Montanna 3D concert/movie.  No one complained about the price...so they must have bought them early.
We don't watch her so I didn't have to worry about getting tickets...aren't I lucky ^-^  BullCat jr.s college education fund is safe.

The alarming trend is in how shows geared toward tweens/teens portray young women.  Very adult in appearance and behavior.

I do not let BullCat jr. watch certain shows.
It's hard because most children her age do watch them.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 09:47:22 PM by bullcat3 »
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.