Author Topic: Can we charge Carter with treason already?  (Read 1955 times)

Offline nopeaceforland

• Master JTFer
Can we charge Carter with treason already?
« on: October 11, 2007, 01:07:32 AM »
Jimmy Carter: U.S. Tortures Prisoners
By Associated Press

WASHINGTON - The U.S. tortures prisoners in violation of international law, former President Jimmy Carter said Wednesday, adding that President Bush makes up his own definition of torture.

"Our country for the first time in my life time has abandoned the basic principle of human rights," Carter said on CNN. "We've said that the Geneva Conventions do not apply to those people in Abu Ghraib prison and Guantanamo, and we've said we can torture prisoners and deprive them of an accusation of a crime."

Bush, responding to an Oct. 4 report by The New York Times on secret Justice Department memorandums supporting the use of "harsh interrogation techniques," defended the techniques Friday by proclaiming: "This government does not torture people."

Carter said the interrogation methods cited by the Times, including "head-slapping, simulated drowning and frigid temperatures," constitute torture "if you use the international norms of torture as has always been honored _ certainly in the last 60 years since the Universal Declaration of Human Rights was promulgated.

"But you can make your own definition of human rights and say we don't violate them, and you can make your own definition of torture and say we don't violate them," Carter said.

In an interview that aired Wednesday on BBC, Carter ripped Vice President Dick Cheney as "a militant who avoided any service of his own in the military."

Carter went on to say Cheney has been "a disaster for our country. I think he's been overly persuasive on President George Bush."

Cheney spokeswoman Megan Mitchell declined to speak to Carter's allegations.

"We're not going to engage in this kind of rhetoric," she said.

In the CNN interview, the Democratic former president disparaged the field of Republican presidential candidates.

"They all seem to be outdoing each other in who wants to go to war first with Iran, who wants to keep Guantanamo open longer and expand its capacity _ things of that kind," Carter said.

He said he also disagreed with positions taken by Democratic Sens. Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama, who have declined to promise to withdraw all U.S. troops from Iraq over the following four years if elected president next year.

This sorry excuse for a human writes anti-Semitic and anti-American novels and articles. How did he become President? We must have really been desperate in 1976! What do you guys think?

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
Re: Can we charge Carter with treason already?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2007, 01:18:58 AM »
We should force Al-Qaeda prisoners to look at pictures of Jimmy Carter. How's that for torture?

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2007, 01:26:04 AM »
No, it wouldn't work. It would probably arouse them too much.

(The reverse would certainly turn Jimmy-hat Farter on.  ;)

Offline Barach Velvel ben Lazer Eliazer

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2007, 01:27:58 AM »
Jimmy Carter may as well come out and say he hates America already, and wants to see it destroyed, that filthy little peanut farmer.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2007, 01:31:56 AM »
Please let us not forget he hates Christians as much as Jews. He is the Noam Chomsky of Christians (not that I believe he ever was one). He rails against Christians because they oppose abortion and sodomy.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2007, 07:55:33 AM »
Jimmy Carter: U.S. Tortures Prisoners
By Associated Press

WASHINGTON - The U.S. tortures prisoners in violation of international law, former President Jimmy Carter said Wednesday, adding that President Bush makes up his own definition of torture.

"Our country for the first time in my life time has abandoned the basic principle of human rights," Carter said on CNN. "We've said that the Geneva Conventions do not apply to those people in Abu Ghraib prison and Guantanamo, and we've said we can torture prisoners and deprive them of an accusation of a crime."

Bush, responding to an Oct. 4 report by The New York Times on secret Justice Department memorandums supporting the use of "harsh interrogation techniques," defended the techniques Friday by proclaiming: "This government does not torture people."

Carter said the interrogation methods cited by the Times, including "head-slapping, simulated drowning and frigid temperatures," constitute torture "if you use the international norms of torture as has always been honored _ certainly in the last 60 years since the Universal Declaration of Human Rights was promulgated.

"But you can make your own definition of human rights and say we don't violate them, and you can make your own definition of torture and say we don't violate them," Carter said.

In an interview that aired Wednesday on BBC, Carter ripped Vice President Dick Cheney as "a militant who avoided any service of his own in the military."

Carter went on to say Cheney has been "a disaster for our country. I think he's been overly persuasive on President George Bush."

Cheney spokeswoman Megan Mitchell declined to speak to Carter's allegations.

"We're not going to engage in this kind of rhetoric," she said.

In the CNN interview, the Democratic former president disparaged the field of Republican presidential candidates.

"They all seem to be outdoing each other in who wants to go to war first with Iran, who wants to keep Guantanamo open longer and expand its capacity _ things of that kind," Carter said.

He said he also disagreed with positions taken by Democratic Sens. Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama, who have declined to promise to withdraw all U.S. troops from Iraq over the following four years if elected president next year.

This sorry excuse for a human writes anti-Semitic and anti-American novels and articles. How did he become President? We must have really been desperate in 1976! What do you guys think?
That was the first Presidential election that I was able to vote in and my man Gerald Ford lost to that retarded animal Carter. People were pissed off with Fords Pardoning of Nixon over Watergate. They didn't realize that if he didn't that the on going circus of trials and hearings would have sapped the government and the economy to death. When Ford took over from Nixon he said that most of his time each day was used up over Watergate issues. He needed to get that behind him so he could run the country. Ford tried to do what was best for the American people.
Carter was a defeatist and a small minded imbecile from the start. To show you how petty he was the first thing he did was sell off the presidential Yacht. It  cost the government a few hundred thousand dollars a year to run this little ship.The old cabin cruiser was built for Henry Ford and was used buy many presidents before Carter. The boat was a classy symbol of the presidency people loved to see the president entertain diplomats and heads of state on it from time to time. What is money like that to the USA.  He made people and other countries feel like we were paupers. In the military he mothballed most of our big battleships and let the ones commissioned become so rundown that they were almost useless. He had the American people and the rest of the world believing America was washed up and penny less.  I would watch this sick animal sit by a fireplace in the White House bundled up in a sweater telling folks to turn there heat down in their homes because his administration was unable to deal with an oil embargo correctly. He had the economy in taters mortgage interest rates up to !8% and inflation rates so high it would make Greenspan's head spin.This man brought America to its lowest point. Now in his old age he wants to flap and beat his gums about this and that. I guess some senility is setting in so he don't remember his own mess. He was on the right track when he was off building houses for the downtrodden like himself. He should have stuck to that calling and at least  people would have remembered him for something good. What he has been doing lately is just reminding people what a dumb animal he really is.   
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2007, 07:57:27 AM »
he needs to be smacked in the head with a 500 lb Anvil.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2007, 08:06:22 AM »
cjd,

Do you think it was impossible for someone from the GOP to have won that election?  Reagan ran against Ford in the primaries that year.  I think Reagan may have won a primary but that Ford was nominated since voters felt more comfortable nominating the incument--although Ford finished Nixon's term.  But if Reagan won that primary, do you think he could have defeated Carter or were too many people angry at the GOP that they refused to vote for anyone who ran as a Republican?

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2007, 09:05:29 AM »
I think that Reagan might have had a better chance but only if he did not have to deal with Ford as incumbent. Once he had to go through the primary process I think people would have still voted for Carter in the general elections.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Maccabi

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2007, 09:51:18 AM »
his eyes are glazed over and they remind me of my dog before he died at age 14.  Hopefully he'll pass away soon.