Author Topic: Disappointing  (Read 787 times)

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Disappointing
« on: March 15, 2022, 04:30:48 AM »
Sometimes I wonder why people to continue to hurt each other so badly. I saw a video earlier of an Iranian missle that had been fired and hit close to an American consulate in Iraq. How can you set off a missle knowing that it's going to kill or permanently injure other people? To take a human body that God designed and to blow it to pieces? It just makes me feel so sad to think of people who just hurt others with no qualms about it. I think about the dictatorships in the world like in North Korea where people are put into forced labor/death camps for something like watching a foreign movie or singing a song that's not about praising the dictator, etc. or how he just lets his people starve. It's just incredible that people have this desire to hurt, maim, and kill others. I don't know how anyone's heart gets to be that evil to where they will hurt other people and just not care about the pain caused. It's disappointing that people don't have a nature toward service to others and wanting to help each other be happy and only seem to want to do evil.

Online Hrvatski Noahid

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Disappointing
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2022, 06:24:45 AM »
Free will is granted to all people. If one desires to turn to the path of good and be righteous, the choice is his. Should he desire to turn to the path of iniquity, the choice is his. This is the intent of the Torah's statement: "Behold, man has become like the Unique One among us, knowing good and bad" (Genesis 3:22). This teaches that humankind was made singular in the world, in that a person can, on his own initiative, objectively think about and know what is good and what is bad, and then choose to act according to his own will.
Gentiles are obligated to fulfill the Seven Noahide Commandments because they are the eternal command of God, transmitted through Moses our teacher in the Torah. The main and best book on details of Noahide observance is "The Divine Code" by Rabbi Moshe Weiner.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCffOR1kc1bBK9HwP8kQdSXg
Telegram: https://t.me/JewishTaskForceChat
Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Noachide/

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2022, 08:41:33 AM »
Free will is granted to all people. If one desires to turn to the path of good and be righteous, the choice is his. Should he desire to turn to the path of iniquity, the choice is his. This is the intent of the Torah's statement: "Behold, man has become like the Unique One among us, knowing good and bad" (Genesis 3:22). This teaches that humankind was made singular in the world, in that a person can, on his own initiative, objectively think about and know what is good and what is bad, and then choose to act according to his own will.

What really surprises me though is when someone knows good and bad and chooses to do evil.

I'm not saying I'm perfect by any means and I do make mistakes and accidentally hurt people at times but to deliberately and maliciously do something to hurt someone else... I guess I don't understand why people are ok with that.

Like for example if someone goes to rob a bank are they only thinking about the money they'll get or that their criminal organization will get and not about the people who will be hurt or even killed in the roberry?  Do they not realize that other people feel the same way they feel and have emotions the same way they have emotions?

I feel like they must know that they're hurting other people and it just doesn't affect them emotionally at all. It's just really strange to me and I don't get it.

I feel like people who believe in God regardless of religion should have a leg up because we know we'll be judged for our actions one day... and have to answer for that... but that really shouldn't be the primary reason why we want to do good. We should want to do good even if this is the only life and there's no other one and we'll never have to answer for anything... because we shouldn't want to hurt other people, especially if this is the only life we'll ever get.

I have trouble understanding how people would lack all fear of having to answer for their behavior, and also lack all empathy for hurting people anyway.

Offline Nachus

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2022, 01:00:10 AM »
 :usa+israel:                                                                                                                         :fist:

Unfortunate that the unrighteous masses
seem to almost always take advantage
of the privilege of ‘free will’ and we can
see the results of that tragic inequity.
This will Be ezrat HaShem finally stop
with the coming of Mashiach!