Poll

Should Valentine's Day be banned?

Yes, for everyone.
7 (31.8%)
Yes, for Jews and Noahides.
2 (9.1%)
It should have pagan routes such as Cupid removed and made into a real Christian holiday emphasizing St. Valentine but be banned for Non-Christians.
0 (0%)
No.
13 (59.1%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Should Valentine's Day be banned?  (Read 23609 times)

Kiwi

Re: Should Valentine's Day be banned?
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2007, 07:00:32 PM »
I know who you are nowl

lol !!!

No ofcourse not.....I am just your average 83 yr old !  :laugh:

:::D

Offline DigitalPhoto

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2008, 04:53:50 AM »
Greetings,

I read most of the posts concerning this 'holiday'.  I am a Chistian who lives in America, (Lakeside, California), I do not celebrate valentine's day because I believe it to be a pegan holiday, and a holiday of lust.  Those who have studied cupid, (venus' son), realize the immorality, lust, and folly that surround these gods, (I use that world loosly in this case).  I did not need to go too deeply into the study of cupid to realize that valentines day is not something I want in my life.  This is my own belief.

Digital Photo

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2008, 05:16:43 AM »
I think it should be banned for Jews.
Why do all these Jews celebrate it even though it's Christian?
I also find the Cupid nonsense to be so gay. Why did Christians incorporate this pagan thing into a holiday they call Christian?
>:(
Get used to it. We will celebrate our "pagan" holidays.
The tradition of Valentine's Day is started in the middle ages.
A lot of our Christian traditions are based on the Greeks, Romans, and Germans&Franks, Slavs&Celts.
Why do you have a problem with that?

Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Kiwi

« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2008, 06:14:22 AM »
I think it should be banned for Jews.
Why do all these Jews celebrate it even though it's Christian?
I also find the Cupid nonsense to be so gay. Why did Christians incorporate this pagan thing into a holiday they call Christian?
>:(
Get used to it. We will celebrate our "pagan" holidays.
The tradition of Valentine's Day is started in the middle ages.
A lot of our Christian traditions are based on the Greeks, Romans, and Germans&Franks, Slavs&Celts.
Why do you have a problem with that?

Many people like, it will never die out.

Offline serbian army

• Master JTFer
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2008, 06:23:22 AM »
i am not for it :-\
Serbia will never surrender Kosovo to the breakaway province's ethnic Albanian majority or trade its territory for European Union or NATO membership,

Kiwi

« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2008, 06:29:20 AM »

Offline Tina Greco - Melbourne

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2008, 11:29:31 PM »
I still say no its a great day and needs to be left alone.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2008, 11:34:14 PM »
I still say no its a great day and needs to be left alone.

You are Jewish. You should celebrate Jewish holidays, not pagan "love" fests.

First and foremost I am a woman, and celebrate the love I have for my partner.

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2008, 12:03:54 AM »
This banning questions for Jews are making me sick!!!!! If it means a religious Hallachic ban, Hallacha is clear, nothing should be banned....what is against Torah is ALREADY banned since 3319 years ago when Torah was given. This questions are only confusing people into thinking that Hallacha is made by men. It sounds like the Reform!!!!
Regarding a civil ban, I have already said that it is impossible for a Goyshe authority to make special laws for Jews. Who is a Jew according to non-Noahide Goyim??????????
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 12:08:39 AM by Raulmarrio2000 »

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2008, 12:07:00 AM »
Then celebrate your wedding anniversary, not a pagan holiday with roots in the pagan "g-d" Cupid.

The meaning of the day is more than a pagan holiday. One day when you finally fall in love you might just understand this.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 12:16:36 AM by Yacov Menashe Ben Rachamim »

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2008, 12:09:50 AM »
Then celebrate your wedding anniversary, not a pagan holiday with roots in the pagan "g-d" Cupid.

The meaning of the day is more than a pagan holiday. One day when you finally fall in love you might just understand this.

My wife and I will not celebrate it because as observant Jews, we will refrain from paganism.

Well I suggest you wait until you get married.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 12:18:33 AM by Yacov Menashe Ben Rachamim »

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2008, 12:12:43 AM »
Then celebreate your wedding anniversary, not a pagan holiday with roots in the pagan "g-d" Cupid.

The way I see it if 2 people love each other they dont have to just show it one day out of the year.  It should be a year round "Valentine's Day" as far as the idea of 2 loving each other.

My wife and I will not celebrate it because as observant Jews, we will refrain from paganism.

Well I suggest you wait until you get married.

I haven't really followed Valentine's Day and didn't realize it was a Pagan holiday

I used to celebrate it when I was in middle school.

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2008, 12:14:53 AM »
This one is going to be a very tough one to sell to many about banning, for some reason people love this holiday.   For me? Eh.
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2008, 12:17:14 AM »
Well the ban questions are also for Righteous Gentiles. Obviously Jews can't participate in these pagan festivals.

Gentiles, whether righteous or not, are bound to the Seven Laws, if hallacha forbids somthing then it is already banned. If they don't obey, it's between them and Hashem. And the Govt. cannot decide who is a Noahide  and who is not. Today we don't have a pledge before a Beis Din, or if there is a possiblity of doing it, very few Noahides have.
So..... the Govts. can either forbid something for all people or leave things as they are. How can authorities register each Righteous Gentile, and enforce Laws only for them?????

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2008, 12:57:43 AM »

Well I am happy to have your share  8;) :::D

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2008, 01:41:22 AM »
When I find a girl, every day will be Vito Valentino day  ^-^

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2008, 01:43:16 AM »

mmm! I like the way those chocolates look!  O0

delicious chocolates O0

Just Erica

« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2008, 09:25:00 AM »
And the origins of Valentine's Day comes from Saint Valentino.

That's why Jews shouldn't celebrate it. But why do Christians celebrate the pagan parts such as Cupid?

Who is it hurting Yacov? I think Valentine's Day is a beautiful holiday. Eventhough I tell my husband and kids "I love you" at all times during the day, every day I still think that having one day reserved to show a little extra love to them is a great way to let them know that they're important to me. My husband buys chocolates for me and the girls and then we have a special date night...it's one night we actually have time to plan to be out together to spend quality time and just enjoy each other's company. I don't think it should be banned. It's fun :D.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2008, 03:07:48 PM »
it should be banned for single people who can't attract people of the opposite sex.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Just Erica

« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2008, 05:19:08 PM »

May I have a few of your white chocolates, Skippy? You can keep the wine... :)

Just Erica

« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2008, 05:20:39 PM »
also i believe that its a good thing for there to be one day out of the year set aside for luvin

Nope.....thats what the weekends are for !
According to whom? LOL

Just Erica

« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2008, 05:23:36 PM »

Yacov, you have no right to tell Skippy how to enjoy the company of her significant other. Every day should be reserved for loving your spouse, girlfriend or boyfriend, but it is so special to share one day of the year when you can open up to, spend time with, and share with your lover. Love in a monogomous relationship is actually a GOOD thing, Yacov. Do you have something against it?

Just Erica

« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2008, 05:27:04 PM »
As a Christian, you should not celebrate Pre-Christian pagan holidays. I don't understand why Christians like to celebrate pagan holidays honoring Greek and Roman g-ds.

Valentine's Day, like Halloween and Groundhog's Day, is idolatry.

I'm not thinking of the holiday as being pegan. I don't wake up on Valentines day and think... "Hmm... now it's time to celebrate pegans!" I celebrate the love my husband and I share on Valentines day, and an added bonus is that I get to do this every single day of the year.

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2008, 05:29:32 PM »
As a Christian, you should not celebrate Pre-Christian pagan holidays. I don't understand why Christians like to celebrate pagan holidays honoring Greek and Roman g-ds.

Valentine's Day, like Halloween and Groundhog's Day, is idolatry.

I'm not thinking of the holiday as being pegan. I don't wake up on Valentines day and think... "Hmm... now it's time to celebrate pegans!" I celebrate the love my husband and I share on Valentines day, and an added bonus is that I get to do this every single day of the year.

Yeah, thing is you're married, Erica.....it is somewhat different. Still, why do you need a commercial Valentines day to celebrate your love?

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2008, 05:36:27 PM »
it should be banned for single people who can't attract people of the opposite sex.

You're Jewish so it shouldn't even be an issue for you. Jews should not celebrate holidays of other religions.

I'll reiterate...it should only be banned by single people who are incapable of attracting a member of the opposite sex.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein