Poll

Is it okay?

Yes.
43 (71.7%)
No.
17 (28.3%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Author Topic: Do You Think Pants Are Modest For Women?  (Read 130891 times)

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
  • United We Stand, Dived We'll Fall.
Re: Is it okay for women to wear pants?
« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2007, 04:51:13 AM »

We had a guy in my high school who used to come during the day dressed in a tight, short skirt and a tight shirt (sometimes women's tank-tops). I do know some other gay people besides him, but that's just one example. Also, I'm sure if you took a look at the nasty footage of the gay pride parades that take place in San Fransisco, and sadly, Jerusalem, you'd see more and worse than what I'm talking about. Calling these people, or anyone for that matter, fruitcakes is no hateful term; in fact, it is an understatement.

well maybe if you are lucky enough you will have a child that is gay, and you will supress it so much until it decides to kill him/herself so you could finally realize that love is love, no matter what form it comes in. and also look into transgender. there is a difference with people having sex identity disorder and just being gay + gay parades are meant to be for fun, just like halloween, where you have chicks donkeys falling out and whatnot.

Why would I want my son to be infected with AIDS when he grows up Halila weHas? How dare you wish this misery upon me and my family? You have no clue what love is. You are the same type of person who would tell someone that you loved him and then break up with him a couple of months later. Don't give me your cheapened view of love.

Is it love to go and infect your "partner" with HIV-AIDS as is done on a regular basis with these people, because they are so addicted to these actions that, "Well, we're in love, so let's skip this minor detail."

I suppose you'd rather us be like the sick Romans and Greeks, where homosexuality was considered macho and heterosexuality was a necessary evil. Over ninety-percent of the so-called men in these societies engaged in this repulsive behaivor, so much so that people were worried that their populations would shrink, so they passed mandatory breeding laws. Don't tell me that all of these people were born gay, that fact is that in a society that strongly encourages homosexuality, more people will think it is perfectly fine and legitimate to be a fag. It is the same with every habit and addiction.

The mass spreading and aceptence of Homosexuality among ancient  Greeks and Romans is the homo lobby mith too. See this -
Homophylophilia in Ancient Greece - The Myth is Collapsing:

Jeremiah 8:11-17

11 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. Peace, peace, they say, when there is no peace.

12 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when they are punished, says the LORD.

13 'I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them.'

14 Why are we sitting here? Gather together! Let us flee to the fortified cities and perish there! For the LORD our God has doomed us to perish and given us poisoned water to drink, because we have sinned against him.

15 We hoped for peace but no good has come, for a time of healing but there was only terror.

16 The snorting of the enemy's horses is heard from Dan; at the neighing of their stallions the whole land trembles. They have come to devour the land and everything in it, the city and all who live there.

17 See, I will send venomous snakes among you, vipers that cannot be charmed, and they will bite you, declares the LORD.

Love your Enemy
And Heap Burning Coals on his Head!!!
http://net-burst.net/revenge/love_and_wrath_of_God.htm

newman

« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2007, 04:55:29 AM »
I can prove Michaelangelo was gay.

If he'd been straight, the Sistine Chapel would have got two coats of off-white! :D

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
  • United We Stand, Dived We'll Fall.
« Reply #52 on: November 07, 2007, 04:57:58 AM »

If he'd been straight, the Sistine Chapel would have got two coats of off-white! :D

And Nicholaus Kopernikus was German gay woman too. :D
Jeremiah 8:11-17

11 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. Peace, peace, they say, when there is no peace.

12 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when they are punished, says the LORD.

13 'I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them.'

14 Why are we sitting here? Gather together! Let us flee to the fortified cities and perish there! For the LORD our God has doomed us to perish and given us poisoned water to drink, because we have sinned against him.

15 We hoped for peace but no good has come, for a time of healing but there was only terror.

16 The snorting of the enemy's horses is heard from Dan; at the neighing of their stallions the whole land trembles. They have come to devour the land and everything in it, the city and all who live there.

17 See, I will send venomous snakes among you, vipers that cannot be charmed, and they will bite you, declares the LORD.

Love your Enemy
And Heap Burning Coals on his Head!!!
http://net-burst.net/revenge/love_and_wrath_of_God.htm

Kiwi

« Reply #53 on: November 07, 2007, 05:04:29 AM »

Ok there a point  ???

Just Erica

« Reply #54 on: January 25, 2008, 03:40:09 AM »
I wear pants. 

It all depends.  Sometimes skirts can be modest or immodest.  The same holds true for jeans.
I love pants. However , being a female who was once kicked out of a church for wearing pants  :o, I'm more for women wearing them than ever. lol I wear long skirts and maybe shorter (knee-length) flowing skirts. I feel feminine in everything I wear though. (It's important though, being a Chicagoan and all...that I wear pants during the harsh winters. Looking pretty, or feminine isn't worth me freezing my touchas off. O0 )

newman

« Reply #55 on: January 25, 2008, 01:04:19 PM »
I wear pants. 

It all depends.  Sometimes skirts can be modest or immodest.  The same holds true for jeans.

There is no mitzva against women wearing pants, per se. It is only against 'dressing as men' and immodesty. Pants or slacks of an exclusivly female cut or style that are not skin tight should be entirely appropriate.

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #56 on: January 25, 2008, 01:06:07 PM »
I wear pants. 

There is no mitzva against women wearing pants, per se. It is only against 'dressing as men' and immodesty. Pants or slacks of an exclusivly female cut or style that are not skin tight should be entirely appropriate.
For Gentiles, not Jews.

One does not deal with terrorists; one does not bargain with terrorists; one kills terrorists.
- Rabbi Meir Kahane ZT"L, HY"D

kellymaureen

« Reply #57 on: January 25, 2008, 01:17:58 PM »
Its 20 below zero today, Im heading 5 hours up north for a tournament where it will be even colder, Im wearing pants ;)  I dont think I look like a man wearing pants :-\

newman

« Reply #58 on: January 25, 2008, 01:27:25 PM »
I wear pants. 

For Gentiles, not Jews.

No, for Jewesses too. There is no mention of 'pants'. I heard an orthodox rabbi discuss it one day. Most religious have just assumed that 'like a man' means pants. But that could refer to blouses (which are like mens shirts) if you take it that far.

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #59 on: January 25, 2008, 02:00:44 PM »
yes and no; I agree on your points; but pants aren't immoral per se; but they're were intruduced by Germans ::); Ancient Israelite men didn't wear them too. 8;)

Actually some did.

But they were considered to be like underwear and an Israelite would never walk around with the pants uncovered for anyone to see.
Post questions here for the ASK JUDEA TORAH SHOW

my blog: Yehudi-Nation

Who is truly wise? He who can see the future. I see tommorow today and I want to end it - Rabbi Meir Daweedh Kahana

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #60 on: January 25, 2008, 02:01:55 PM »
to each their own...

But men shoudl not wear skirts or women's clothes...Women shoudl not wear suits..but pants are fashionable for both sexes.

I meant of course tunics or garbs (I  don't know English word for this) the Prophets from Tanath on all this fims wore not women's skirts.

I know the Hebrew word for this garment.

Haluq.

Who is truly wise? He who can see the future. I see tommorow today and I want to end it - Rabbi Meir Daweedh Kahana

kellymaureen

« Reply #61 on: January 25, 2008, 02:04:06 PM »
Its 20 below zero today, Im heading 5 hours up north for a tournament where it will be even colder, Im wearing pants ;)  I dont think I look like a man wearing pants :-\

Well I object on moral grounds!

If I was there I'd demand their immediate removal!

:::D  frostbite in 3...2...1
I really hate the cold :(

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #62 on: January 25, 2008, 02:04:55 PM »
i cant believe you guys are discussing if pants are moral??? its 2007, its more comfortable than skirts sometimes and in all honesty, since in 2007 women work - pants are a much better option!

and p.s for someone up there who said men shouldnt wear skirts - skirts aka kilt - sound familiar?

Beleive it.

Israelite women from the time of Abraham through about fifty years ago NEVER wore pants.

So, 2007 or not. There are good reasons to refrain, atleast for Jews. I'm not trying to tell Gentiles what to do, but for Jews it goes against our tradition.

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #63 on: January 25, 2008, 02:25:46 PM »
I wear pants. 

For Gentiles, not Jews.

No, for Jewesses too. There is no mention of 'pants'. I heard an orthodox rabbi discuss it one day. Most religious have just assumed that 'like a man' means pants. But that could refer to blouses (which are like mens shirts) if you take it that far.
I doubt there is a single Posek who will tell you that pants are ok for Women.  Jewesses need to stick to skirts...

One does not deal with terrorists; one does not bargain with terrorists; one kills terrorists.

newman

« Reply #64 on: January 25, 2008, 02:32:51 PM »
I wear pants. 

For Gentiles, not Jews.

I doubt there is a single Posek who will tell you that pants are ok for Women.  Jewesses need to stick to skirts...

It's probably tradition, custom and Rabbinical ruling, but the only mention of pants in the Bible is the commandment for the high priests to wear them under their tunics so as not to expose themselves.

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #65 on: January 26, 2008, 08:44:27 PM »
I wear pants. 

For Gentiles, not Jews.

It's probably tradition, custom and Rabbinical ruling, but the only mention of pants in the Bible is the commandment for the high priests to wear them under their tunics so as not to expose themselves.
Could be, but Mitzvos D'Rabbanan still need to be followed...

Just Erica

« Reply #66 on: January 26, 2008, 09:00:15 PM »
I wear pants. 

I love pants. However , being a female who was once kicked out of a church for wearing pants  :o, I'm more for women wearing them than ever. lol I wear long skirts and maybe shorter (knee-length) flowing skirts. I feel feminine in everything I wear though. (It's important though, being a Chicagoan and all...that I wear pants during the harsh winters. Looking pretty, or feminine isn't worth me freezing my touchas off. O0 )

Can't you wear pants under your skirt?
No. lol I would wear a long winter coat or just wear pants to work.

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #67 on: January 27, 2008, 01:05:50 AM »
The reason why in the past women did not wear pants was because pants was exclusively male clothing and a woman wearing a man's clothes is forbidden from the Torah.  However nowadays pants are not exclusively a male's form dress since a lot of women wear pants as well so there is a good reason to allow it.  Personally I think there is no problem with women wearing pants today. 
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"
-Rabbi Meir Kahane Zs'l HYD

Just Erica

« Reply #68 on: January 27, 2008, 02:30:38 AM »
I wear pants. 

But a skirt is more modest.
What, is that a male answer? LOL Come on now. I think some men are just threatened by women who wear pants. I don't know WHY but that's just strange. Anyway, I'd be more concerned with how long the skirt is (for my own taste) than whether wearing pants or not will make me look less pure.

I love skirts but I love having the freedom to choose whether I wear a skirt or something else.

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #69 on: January 27, 2008, 11:19:29 AM »
I wear pants. 

What, is that a male answer? LOL Come on now. I think some men are just threatened by women who wear pants. I don't know WHY but that's just strange. Anyway, I'd be more concerned with how long the skirt is (for my own taste) than whether wearing pants or not will make me look less pure.

I love skirts but I love having the freedom to choose whether I wear a skirt or something else.
It's not a "Male answer," it's G-d's answer.  We follow His Word...

Online Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #70 on: January 27, 2008, 01:56:23 PM »
How is a skirt more modest than pants?
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Just Erica

« Reply #71 on: January 27, 2008, 02:32:23 PM »
I wear pants. 

The Bible also said that women shouldn't cut their hair. We're not living in a world where women should be held captive and told what to do and how to do it. I'm  a Christian and I understand that I don't have to impress God with what I wear. I don't feel that I or any other woman should have to dress up to go to church. God said, come as you are, not dress in your Sunday's best. I doubt that when I get to heaven, God will be conducting a head to toe inspection.

Just Erica

« Reply #72 on: January 27, 2008, 02:40:17 PM »
Exactly, Doc. From what I read here, showing skin is immoral. This comment isn't against you, Dr. Dan but I think some men feel theatened when women wear pants... Remember, back in the days before women's rights and suffrage, men were the only people wearing pants. Women picked up the idea that they could wear pants also... for more practical reasons (because a lot of women worked in the fields and pants protected their legs). Now it's wrong? I think that's a sexist attitude.

Also, I want to point out that there is no section in the Bible that says "Woman! Thou shalt not wear pants!" From all of the religious pictures I've seen, I didn't even see MEN in pants. They wore robes. How many of you would actually walk out of your apartments/ houses right now, sporting the fashions of Israel, B.C. ? (Not that they were bad...) My point is that times change and people's tastes change with said times. Stop thinking that if a woman wears pants that she must be raging against the machine or something. Sometimes wearing pants is just what it is...wearing  pants.

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #73 on: January 27, 2008, 03:05:14 PM »
I wear pants. 

The Bible also said that women shouldn't cut their hair.
Show me where it says that.  And I don't mean in the Goyishe "Bible," in Tanach...

Exactly, Doc. From what I read here, showing skin is immoral. This comment isn't against you, Dr. Dan but I think some men feel theatened when women wear pants... Remember, back in the days before women's rights and suffrage, men were the only people wearing pants. Women picked up the idea that they could wear pants also... for more practical reasons (because a lot of women worked in the fields and pants protected their legs). Now it's wrong? I think that's a sexist attitude.

Also, I want to point out that there is no section in the Bible that says "Woman! Thou shalt not wear pants!" From all of the religious pictures I've seen, I didn't even see MEN in pants. They wore robes. How many of you would actually walk out of your apartments/ houses right now, sporting the fashions of Israel, B.C.E. ? (Not that they were bad...) My point is that times change and people's tastes change with said times. Stop thinking that if a woman wears pants that she must be raging against the machine or something. Sometimes wearing pants is just what it is...wearing  pants.
Pants are immodest because they show form, and because they're men's clothing, it has nothing to do with skin.  And there is something in Tanach that says men can't wear women's clothing and vice versa.

Just Erica

« Reply #74 on: January 27, 2008, 03:21:24 PM »
I wear pants. 

The Bible also said that women shouldn't cut their hair.
Show me where it says that.  And I don't mean in the Goyishe "Bible," in Tanach...

Also, I want to point out that there is no section in the Bible that says "Woman! Thou shalt not wear pants!" From all of the religious pictures I've seen, I didn't even see MEN in pants. They wore robes. How many of you would actually walk out of your apartments/ houses right now, sporting the fashions of Israel, B.C.E. ? (Not that they were bad...) My point is that times change and people's tastes change with said times. Stop thinking that if a woman wears pants that she must be raging against the machine or something. Sometimes wearing pants is just what it is...wearing  pants.
Pants are immodest because they show form, and because they're men's clothing, it has nothing to do with skin.  And there is something in Tanach that says men can't wear women's clothing and vice versa.
What's wrong with the female form? What? Are we supposed to be box-shaped or something? I think some men here are very sexist. Skirts can show form also. Unless you're looking for a woman who looks as if she's wearing a nun's habit or something like that. I also want to say something that will probably make you mad. In muslim communities women are ordered to wear the hijab which covers their hair (most times their faces), arms, hands, and the rest of their body. They also think that their women would look imorral if they wore pants...like they'd be disrespecting their bodies. I don't get either philosophy...but hey, I'm not a part of either religion.