Poll

Is it okay?

Yes.
43 (71.7%)
No.
17 (28.3%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Author Topic: Do You Think Pants Are Modest For Women?  (Read 130946 times)

Offline Tina Greco - Melbourne

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Is it okay for women to wear pants?
« Reply #150 on: February 03, 2008, 03:20:31 AM »
Some things I hate about Braveheart:
-mel gibson the Jew  hater was in it
-Men were not wearing the right costumes
"Tartan and such checkered cloths of this type did not begin to appear until 16th century, and were not worn in battle until the Battle of Culloden in the 1700s. It would not have been worn in the 13th century."
-They didn't wear blue paint either at that time
AND:
-It made us English look bad  >:(

I've seen women wear kilts too. Not the entire kilt regalia (not the sporran etc)

Since the kilt was used by men, it should be forbidden for women? To avoid dressing like a man and causing "confusion"?

The highland women travelled with their men and the armys, same principal applies.

newman

« Reply #151 on: February 03, 2008, 03:27:08 AM »
Some things I hate about Braveheart:
-mel gibson the Jew  hater was in it
-Men were not wearing the right costumes
"Tartan and such checkered cloths of this type did not begin to appear until 16th century, and were not worn in battle until the Battle of Culloden in the 1700s. It would not have been worn in the 13th century."
-They didn't wear blue paint either at that time
AND:
-It made us English look bad  >:(

I've seen women wear kilts too. Not the entire kilt regalia (not the sporran etc)

Since the kilt was used by men, it should be forbidden for women? To avoid dressing like a man and causing "confusion"?

The highland women travelled with their men and the armys, same principal applies.

Don't post any pics of scottsmen tossing their kaibers whatever you do!  :o

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #152 on: February 03, 2008, 04:13:12 AM »
How can you say no to this, cuteness factor is out of this world.  8;)

newman

« Reply #153 on: February 03, 2008, 04:22:15 AM »
OH! That's such a cute picture!

I soo wish I were Scottish!

Can you make up your mind which culture you wish to adopt, or is it..... "anything but the one i've got will do"?

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #154 on: February 03, 2008, 06:41:52 AM »

LOL I am Half Scot Half Italian, two strong fiery stubborn races, and a Jew to boot and proud of it  O0

Just never eat haggis  :-\ :-\ :-\

But oat cakes Yummy  O0

newman

« Reply #155 on: February 03, 2008, 06:54:50 AM »

LOL I am Half Scot Half Italian, two strong fiery stubborn races, and a Jew to boot and proud of it  O0

But oat cakes Yummy  O0

Admit it, Skip'..............

You wanna be like Mills and be a jap......or a mexican..........or was it marry one?

Ah, I forget now.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #156 on: February 03, 2008, 07:24:00 AM »

But oat cakes Yummy  O0

Admit it, Skip'..............

You wanna be like Mills and be a jap......or a mexican..........or was it marry one?

Ah, I forget now.

Nope I want my hunky Yankeeboy   :::D :::D

newman

« Reply #157 on: February 03, 2008, 08:18:04 AM »

Ah, I forget now.

Ha ha, so did you get to answer my last question?
Was it ALL Mexicans or just 99.9% ?

Who cares and what's the difference?

Does anyone care if all the africans have AIDS or just 99.9%?

BTW, I think it was in another thread.

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #158 on: February 03, 2008, 10:19:28 AM »
In my opinion women have the right the wear pants, yes.

I do like women, that wear skirts. They are very rare here.
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #159 on: February 06, 2008, 11:03:23 AM »
Cross dressing is not related to modesty laws...they are two separate things...
I was referring to the women wearing pants as what i believed was the cross dressing rule and not the modesty rule...
You guys did shed some light on the modesty rule. I cannot come between you guys and this fence..Some people are tempted by looking at women's bodies and pants might show more to you guys..It doesn't to me, but that's fine.
However as cross dressing and pants on women?  once again, I will not dare come between your traditions on that and tell you that you are wrong. I agree that men shoudl only wear men's clothes and women, women's clothes...but it's the fine line...some need a certain type of fence. That's all.

Pants is under the modesty laws, not the crossdressing laws.

Thank you..i didn't know that..I thought it was cross dressing laws..Ok...so modesty, fine...some communities need that as a rule, but it's not for all communities.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #160 on: February 06, 2008, 03:27:29 PM »
I was referring to the women wearing pants as what i believed was the cross dressing rule and not the modesty rule...
You guys did shed some light on the modesty rule. I cannot come between you guys and this fence..Some people are tempted by looking at women's bodies and pants might show more to you guys..It doesn't to me, but that's fine.
However as cross dressing and pants on women?  once again, I will not dare come between your traditions on that and tell you that you are wrong. I agree that men shoudl only wear men's clothes and women, women's clothes...but it's the fine line...some need a certain type of fence. That's all.
Thank you..i didn't know that..I thought it was cross dressing laws..Ok...so modesty, fine...some communities need that as a rule, but it's not for all communities.
It's really a problem with both.

One does not deal with terrorists; one does not bargain with terrorists; one kills terrorists.
- Rabbi Meir Kahane ZT"L, HY"D

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #161 on: February 06, 2008, 09:06:32 PM »

What's probably a problem with both?
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #162 on: February 06, 2008, 09:09:32 PM »

I don't as long as they guys don't wear my clothes I am happy  :::D

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
  • United We Stand, Dived We'll Fall.
« Reply #163 on: February 07, 2008, 06:37:20 AM »

I don't as long as they guys don't wear my clothes I am happy  :::D

:::D :::D :::D O0
Jeremiah 8:11-17

11 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. Peace, peace, they say, when there is no peace.

12 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when they are punished, says the LORD.

13 'I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them.'

14 Why are we sitting here? Gather together! Let us flee to the fortified cities and perish there! For the LORD our God has doomed us to perish and given us poisoned water to drink, because we have sinned against him.

15 We hoped for peace but no good has come, for a time of healing but there was only terror.

16 The snorting of the enemy's horses is heard from Dan; at the neighing of their stallions the whole land trembles. They have come to devour the land and everything in it, the city and all who live there.

17 See, I will send venomous snakes among you, vipers that cannot be charmed, and they will bite you, declares the LORD.

Love your Enemy
And Heap Burning Coals on his Head!!!
http://net-burst.net/revenge/love_and_wrath_of_God.htm

Online Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #164 on: February 09, 2008, 09:18:13 PM »
That little Flocke polar bear cub is absolutely precious!

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #165 on: February 20, 2008, 08:46:49 AM »
While talking to my son, I came up with why women can were pants. Because if you are riding a motorbike, its not a good idea to do it in a skirt.  :::D

newman

« Reply #166 on: February 20, 2008, 08:58:44 AM »
While talking to my son, I came up with why women can were pants. Because if you are riding a motorbike, its not a good idea to do it in a skirt.  :::D

Or climbing ladders or hiking or any number of things.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #167 on: February 20, 2008, 09:03:09 AM »

Or climbing ladders or hiking or any number of things.

Bingo!  ^-^

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #168 on: February 20, 2008, 03:47:08 PM »
So then don't ride a motorbike...

One does not deal with terrorists; one does not bargain with terrorists; one kills terrorists.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #169 on: February 20, 2008, 06:51:18 PM »

I love my motorbike, where does it state women can't ride one  ::) ::)

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #170 on: February 20, 2008, 09:04:49 PM »
Nowhere.  But they still can't ride on in pants...

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #171 on: February 20, 2008, 09:10:38 PM »
Ever tried it in a skirt  :-\ Its a little breezy.

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #172 on: February 20, 2008, 09:16:54 PM »
Well no, I've never tried wearing a skirt, let alone while riding a motorcycle.  That would be just weird...

Can't you wear pants under your skirt?

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #173 on: February 20, 2008, 09:32:01 PM »
Well no, I've never tried wearing a skirt, let alone while riding a motorcycle.  That would be just weird...

For safety reason you wear leathers, because if you crash you really need good leathers to stop yourself from being skinned. And Also because of the length of the skirt it can get into the workings of the engine and wheels when riding.

I have what is called a cruiser, which is built for distance. 

And anything with bikes is its safety first not fashion.

example of a cruiser

And these are leathers (mine are all black they are not very sexy you look like a stuffed banana lol)

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #174 on: February 20, 2008, 10:53:12 PM »

For safety reason you wear leathers, because if you crash you really need good leathers to stop yourself from being skinned. And Also because of the length of the skirt it can get into the workings of the engine and wheels when riding.

I have what is called a cruiser, which is built for distance. 

And anything with bikes is its safety first not fashion.
Modesty and fashion are two very different things, Skippy.

It is an interesting question though.  Perhaps, beacuase there's not anyone else on the motorcycle with you, it would be permitted, only while you're riding the motorcycle of course...